It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China reveals plan to launch an 'artificial moon' to light up city skies in 2020

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Yeah don't think it's possible to cast a glow for 50 miles around , It would have to be huge and the power consumption would be off the charts .
edit on 10/18/2018 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

The moths gonna all fly to it and become extinct, this should never be allowed to happen.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Whats wrong with the actual moon?

Nao if only they'd stop killing endangered animals for "medicine" aka dick pills.

It's only there for a few weeks every month. With this system, they can have light whenever they want need it at night.

Imagine fighting a battle where instead there were illumination flares that would burn up after a few hours, an satellite could be located in geostationary orbit to provide continuous light for as long as needed.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It's a trick.

Don't think for one second they won't weaponize it.

One moon is good enough.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

Yeah don't think it's possible to cast a glow for 50 miles around , It would have to be huge and the power consumption would be off the charts .

It's a large reflective satellite in geostationary orbit. The mirrors would realign between the angle of the Sun and the desired point on the planet.

We already get Iridium flashes from that constellation of satellites. This would be something similar.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

And China will have a huge wrecking ball in orbit. Blinding people in space.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Reminds me of the moon in A.I..

Other than that, artificial light at night has apparently been linked to caner..

Several studies over the last decade have suggested that the modern practice of keeping our bodies exposed to artificial light at night, or LAN, increases cancer risk, especially for cancers (such as breast and prostate cancers) that require hormones to grow. Women who work night shifts have shown higher rates of breast cancer,1 whereas blind women, who are not likely to be exposed to or perceive LAN, have shown decreased risks.2 In 2007, the International Agency for Cancer Research declared shiftwork a probable human carcinogen.3 Now a large study of 164 countries adds another piece of evidence, implicating overall light pollution.

From the Light Pollution Study

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
From my understanding there is something special about the wavelength of moonlight that normal sunlight doesn't have and it is critical for certain circadian rythm of some plants/animals. If normal sun light is mixed with this moon light, is it going to throw off the natural balance? I would NEVER think that China would do something before it understood all the possible effects it may have on "nature"...

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   
so building artificial island bases to claim territory is not enough for China (but don't worry they are not military bases. they just have weapons systems and military usable runways because....). now they want to build an artificial moon? but don't worry it will not be used as a military base. those weapon systems are just there to protect their asset. and it won't be used to claim space as their property. besides they had that guy build a chair with rockets centuries ago, and therefore they already own space.

personally i don't see how they can actually build it with all the resources such a massive undertaking would require. but it still shows that China needs to be dealt with, and the sooner the better.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   

russia tried to put a reflector in space for the same kind of effect china is going for.

it didn't deploy correctly, china always seems to be playing catch up when they are ripping off intellectual property

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
It's a large reflective satellite in geostationary orbit. The mirrors would realign between the angle of the Sun and the desired point on the planet.

Why does that remind me of when I was 10 and lit paper on fire with a magnifying glass?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join