It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tragically Remembered...A Gordon Downie Tribute

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
As this Monumental day in Canadian history comes to a close... I would like to take a moment to remember Gord Downie.

A year ago today we lost him... One of the most amazing talents to ever grace the stages of the world

Its hard to believe its already been a year... and even harder to believe hes actually gone

Tragically Gordie was an advocate of medicinal Marijuana, and on the anniversary of his passing we finally legalized it... somehow I doubt it was a coincidence.

The hip brought us some incredible music over the years... and even IF you're not a fan of the music, you couldn't help but love the amazing front man of the band.

Philanthropist and poet with a heart of Gold... along with one of the most original and recognisable voices in the history of music

He will always be remembered, and never forgotten... It was the only time I've ever cried like a baby when a celebrity passed

Though he left us with their music... And for that I will always be grateful

Love You Always Gord!!

“Music is the ultimate medium for expressions of love, and those expressions find a beautiful backdrop in the environment. Music is also a popular rallying point — at its central core, it’s a way for people to get in touch with the best parts of themselves and to voice the love in their hearts. And the environment is one of the great loves of our lives — when we think of the best parts of ourselves, the environment is always there, informing us, as a backdrop.”

Gord Downie

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Just passing through.
Just wanted to toss in a ⭐$🚩
I'm going to watch Gordie Downie. Never heard of him.

I personally can't do it.. THC.
Once long ago; I reacted horribly.

But I've seen Ca (cancer) patient's benefit also.. even if I couldn't.

Let's see where this goes. Curious to see how much less alcohol is consumed.

edit on 17-10-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
we got ya gord. It's a bitter Sweet day. it was no accident. October 17. we love ya gordo. you are ours

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
we got ya gord. It's a bitter Sweet day. it was no accident. October 17. we love ya gordo. you are ours. the road diet is beer and gum
edit on 18-10-2018 by AnrkE because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join