It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Percent of Elizabeth Warren’s DNA from Ancestor Who Rounded Up Cherokees

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

I find family history research interesting. Just recently I traced my mom's side to TN in the 1800's, two colonies in VA in the 1700's, and hit a wall in the late 1600's in England. For my dad's side, I traced my heritage from OK in the 1900's to PA in the 1800's to Southern Germany in the 1700's and hit a wall in Switzerland in the mid 1600's. My mom's side is very storied because that line was involved in every war from Vietnam to the American Revolution, established the County Seat for Grundy County, TN, and had some politics behind them, so there is more history to read about. My dad's side is just as fascinating but it's hard to find many stories.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Does she realize she's entitled to discount tickets for UT Vols football games for having Tenn militia ancestry?

No kidding?

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

There's millions of people today that had ancestors that abused the natives.

But not many who also abuse non-existent native bloodlines to reach the level of Senator, then brag about it on the Senate floor.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Does she realize she's entitled to discount tickets for UT Vols football games for having Tenn militia ancestry?

Now I'm starting to feel sorry for her... she can't win for losing!

TheRedneck
^^^ proud Crimson Tide fan

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Now I'm starting to feel sorry for her... she can't win for losing!

TheRedneck
^^^ proud Crimson Tide fan

Ol Rocky Top... Sucking since 2002.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Maybe she can show up Saturday and see what winning looks like.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: LSU2018

Maybe she can show up Saturday and see what winning looks like.

TheRedneck

Shooooot.... That's a level of win she'll never see.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This is the best research I've seen as to Warren's ancestry.

It details all the claims Warren has made point by point and goes through her genealogy and list sources. It's been out there for some time now.

Warren really shot herself in the foot, but will the Left leaning media actually do their own homework and publish facts?

DNA tests may be all the rage at the moment, but it will never replace good old fashioned genealogy where ancestry is actually documented.

Twila Barnes

I'm currently on the clock for certification by the Board for the Certification for Genealogists and I am a court certified expert witness in Indian Child Welfare Act cases involving Cherokee ancestry and history.

I tend to put more faith in work done by someone like this.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Well it's certainly a heritage to be proud of (not pushing Indians to the ToT, but there's a good chance she's connected to the Revolution), but I have a feeling she's not proud of it. My 7th great grandfather was a militia man in Capt. John Bell's Company under the command of Col. Elisa Edmonds in the American Revolution. But these are roots that only American patriot will be proud of.

Do you know what state regiment?

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Yes.

And it is ancestry, provable roles, registers and genealogy using DNA only to show the afore mentioned. I've said this in so many posts, I'm tired of explaining.

That said, her genes are not who she is as a person at this small percentage, there is no culture she can define from the DNA just like she can't define an ancestor rounding-up for the Trail of Tears as part of her heritage.

Two edged as it is...but so many have zero heritage, just stories. Nothing provable.

Mg

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

originally posted by: Lysergic
that moment when your identity crutch backfires.

Warren releases her Ancestry DNA profile.

And thats the moment she realizes she F*^%ed Up.

Anyone who takes these tests to some company like these is taking all sorts of risk.

I wonder how long it will be till the database is complete?

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: highvein

originally posted by: Lysergic
that moment when your identity crutch backfires.

Warren releases her Ancestry DNA profile.

And thats the moment she realizes she F*^%ed Up.

Anyone who takes these tests to some company like these is taking all sorts of risk.

I wonder how long it will be till the database is complete?

I wonder how far their records show the lineage going back?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I thought I'd clarify about my last post. By sharing the less favorable aspects of my family history I was trying to illustrate that it is very probable that everyone's family has historic events that are considered shameful and some worth being proud of. However, none of that should have any real bearing on what kind of person you are in today's world.

Although there is slave ownership, a Native massacre, some that were on the Confederate side of the Civil War, and one guy was a pirate, there were some in the Revolutionary War, a few that married into notable Native tribes, one that helped found James Town and even two on my Dad's side that came from the Mayflower. Go back far enough and there is royalty, go even farther back (to about 800AD) and there were pagan Viking berserkers. It's a mixed bag of family history with as much to despise as to be honored.

As interesting as all that is, I never capitalized on any of that. With Elizabeth Warren, she used her family history to try and gain an advantage. As it turns out, she really doesn't have much Native American blood line to lay claim to that aspect. Not the the Natives were all that great back then, they were just as guilty of shameful behavior as any other group in history, perhaps more depending on what tribe you're talking about.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

I am kin to the McCurdy family, a family that has ties to Robert the Bruce of Scotland. I also am descended from an African Bantu warrior who won his freedom in a court case in 1672. I am kin to Patrick Henry through his older brother William. John Wesley Hardin married the daughter of my McCurdy ancestors sister. I have a guy in my history who fought the Creek leader, McGillivray in georgia, then went on to marry a Cherokee. I have ancestors who both led and escaped from the Trail of Tears. I have KKK members, slaves, indentured servants, rich doctors, lawyers, pop singers ( grandad is 3rd cousin to Britney Spears grandad , dad is 3rd cousin to Elvis, 2nd cousin to William Golden of the Oak Ridge Boys )at least one pirate, a governor of Spanish Florida ( Jose Maria Coppinger ), Nansemond, Cherokee, Creek, Yuchi, Lumbee native americans, Jesse Helms, Ed Helms, Tea Leoni, and guy who was listed on the 1900 census as a cancers doctor.

Family history is interesting, but people like Warren who just,make crap up need to go far away.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   
LOL

She's STILL yaking and squirming...........

Elizabeth Warren: 'I am not a citizen of any tribal nation'

"I am not a citizen of any tribal nation," she said in a debate with her Republican Senate rival, Geoff Diehl. "Only tribes determine tribal citizenship, it's not done by DNA."

Her higher "education" has the best of her.

😃🤦‍♀️😃

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Another Ironic story ........

Report: Elizabeth Warren’s Ex-Husband Pioneer of Genetic Testing, Founded DNA Company

“Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s ex-husband co-founded a DNA testing company and wrote one of the first computer codes for making genetic comparisons,” the Washington Examiner reported Friday. “Jim Warren’s career involved him in the kinds of genetic testing that Elizabeth Warren controversially invoked this month to prove that she had Native American ancestry.

“One of the two other co-founders of his testing company, FamilyTreeDNA, has worked with Carlos Bustamante, the Stanford University geneticist who administered a DNA test at Elizabeth Warren’s request.”

😃😃😃

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I feel the need to apologize to you, carewemust. In my thread from the other day, the one about the reply from the Cherokee Tribe, you had pointed out that she should be disgraced (or something along those lines) for using her claimed "heritage" to get ahead. I did agree with that point but countered that I didn't feel there was enough evidence to say that she had used the claim to gain an advantage. Well, I was wrong. In the past few days I feel that I have read enough reports, stories, claims, etc to say that she did, in fact, INTENTIONALLY claim native heritage just so she could have an upper hand with landing jobs and even politically. Like I said in that thread, I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt because I didn't feel there was enough evidence to convict her of using the claim to help her. I obviously had not read the same things you had at that point. I really just wanted to clear all that up and say that you were right and even though I wasn't attacking you for your beliefs, I still wanted to apologize for being so dang stubborn on my own beliefs. Lol!

ETA I added this here because it's still a popular thread and my hopes are that more than just carewemust sees that I will admit when I'm wrong 😊
edit on 10212018 by Tanga36 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
So, my family came here before America was a country....(August of 1635 to be exact)... So, since we were here when America became a country, does that make me a Native American? I think it should. I mean, my family has been here for over three centuries, almost four.

Oh, here's a gem from the family history....(good, as I was kind of fearing we may have fought on the Brit side during the Revolution, since we were all from there)....

First of the sons to see action in the Revolution was Thomas, who volunteered in the local company of "Minute Men" of Prince Edward County. Minute Men companies were organized in most counties prior to the Revolution to be ready to go anywhere needed on a "minute's notice" for however long they might be needed. The Price Edward unit was called 1 April, 1776 to perform guard duty along the coast at Hampton, the strategic entrance to Chesapeake Bay and mouth of the James River. They were on this duty nearly nine months, and exchanged fire with British ships several times. In his pension application many years later, Thomas recalls that when news of the Declaration of Independence reached the unit, they proudly paraded up and down the beach within sight of the British warships offshore, and fired thirteen rounds (for the Thirteen colonies) in honor to the great event! What a day in history!

edit on 22-10-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join