It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is paying? Footage in Honduras of women and children being paid cash to join caravan to the US

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I knwo right, theres like totally NO WAY vested political interests would or even could be funding these propaganda caravans. Like who could even afford that? And to use those poor poor people as throw away props, nobody in US politics would ever do anything even remotely like that.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: loam

Is there a better quality video? I can't tell what they are handing out. It looks like they handing out one Lempira, which isn't even $0.50. It is maybe enough for a toll.

Dude. You are using logic here. That #s right on a limp premise.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

From your story:

Trump did not follow through on a similar threat to the Central American nation in April over an earlier caravan, which eventually petered out in Mexico.
Meanwhile, Mexico’s immigration authority sent out a fresh warning late Monday that only those who meet entry requirements would be allowed into the country and each migrant would have to satisfy Mexican migration agents. Hondurans need visas to visit Mexico in most cases.

Once this group reaches Mexico, there might not be many issues left to discuss. Mexico does not pussy foot around with illegal immigrants crossing their country. I've worked in restaurants for nearly 20 years and have had many many Central and South Americans as well as many Mexicans over that time pass through. Without fail, they all hate Mexicans because of how Mexico treats anyone from Central or South America trying to pass through their country.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I don't know, but Trump's latest threat against Mexico is a good start.

If needed, this invasion should be stopped by attack aircraft flying sorties until they disperse or no one is left.

This is an invasion by foreign nationals, aided and abetted by criminal leftist democrat domestic enemies of the United States of America. The full spectrum of military responses should be considered, leaving nothing off the table. Including an invasion into Mexico to secure the border from both sides and strikes against the invading "Caravans" from Air Force fighter/bombers. Their co-conspirators in the United States must be arrested, and detained until such a time as this national security emergency crisis on the Mexico border is resolved.

These bums have ruined their own # hole country, now they think they can come here and do the same to us. Don't think so. Unwanted! What do those "Caravans" offer this country? Nothing. They have nothing and no one we need.

Not wanted, not needed, not happening. Go back where you belong, you damn foreign invader squatters.

edit on 10/18/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I don't know how else to convey how absurd it is to believe that $20 or less constitutes any sort of motivation in this circumstance.

Ok. Imagine you're a 16-17 year-old pimply faced high school virgin, madly obsessed with the homecoming queen. Your riding by on your bike and see her being accosted by ninjas on the sidewalk. Now, you could be motivated to fight the ninjas in the hopes of winning dream girl's favor. You could run away and call the cops.

What's not going to happen is that $20 is going to make the difference between whether or not you fight any damn ninjas. It's not sufficient motivation to fight the ninjas and the motivation that is sufficient, dwarfs the motivation of pocketing a $20 by so much that it's preposterous on its face to imagine that the $20 would factor into the decision making.

so this was their only payment? how do you know that? I agree that this is short on facts, but you are manufacturing your own version, which isn't any more truth than what this story tells.

Exactly the smart way to do it would be to doll out smaller amounts of money at “checkpoints” along the way that way you ensure that they don’t just pocket the bulk sum and leave the convoy. You gotta make sure that you’re keeping an incentive to get them to follow through for the entire trip.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: carewemust
The caravan now has 4,000 people?!?!

Source: twitter.com...

I highly doubt this to be true but time will tell I guess.

The new Mexican President SAYS he is a Trump/U.S. AMIGO. He should prove it now.

I have no doubt Mexico will stop them and take the blame so the dems have no place to go trying to pin it on Trump.

Should be funny actually.

I'd bet most of these folks will even talk about how they were coerced into this March.
That's an interesting take on things

Maybe Trump has worked out some deal with Mexico to do the deporting work, I know I'd try something like that if I was POTUS.
Here in Britain we have a juxtaposed border so our guards are actually on Belgian and French soil. They hate it because the immigrants refuse to register there as they will be barred asylum in Britain for leaving their first safe country.

EDIT
Britain has paid millions on fences in France, it's really difficult to get in illegally now, and the French would just let them leave on the ferries/tunnel, they don't want them either.
edit on 18-10-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Yes. The Caravan is in Guatamala now. They left Honduras five days ago.

Yes. This video would have been from Tuesday. On Monday, they crossed the border and were in Esquipulas and yesterday, they were in Zacapa. If you read the reporting from on the ground, people in Guatemala have been coming out in droves and giving them aide.

Food, water, ride: Guatemalans aid Honduran caravan migrants

In neighboring Guatemala, where their journey continued Wednesday amid warning tweets from President Donald Trump and other U.S. officials, they were helped at every turn by residents who offered them food, water and rides in pickups or on flatbed of semi-trailer trucks.

“We are all human beings,” said Deidania Cabrera, the woman who offered the carriage to Zuniga. Outside her wood-frame business, she had also set out children’s clothing and baby carriers. “It is moving, above all seeing the babies, so tiny, who are traveling.”
Guatemalan acts of solidarity toward the Hondurans have been everywhere in recent days.

Henry Tejeda, who hails from Puerto Colon, Honduras, stopped at the side of a highway in the eastern department of Zacapa along with a group of women and children to ask for money. From a car a man tossed a 10-quetzal bill — worth about $1.30 — saying, “So you can eat.” In all, Tejeda scraped together the equivalent of about $2, enough to get a bite.

Marta Julia Veliz, a Guatemalan, organized with about 20 neighbors in Teculutan, Zacapa, to cook in the street for migrants. They served up beef broth, rice, tortillas and coffee to migrants passing on foot who paused for refreshment at the impromptu oasis. For those who didn’t get down from vehicles, the volunteers tossed them water, bread and toilet paper.

“We have been here since 4 a.m.,” said Veliz. “We have given breakfast and lunch to thousands of people.”

Speaking of 10 quetzal bills, that appears to be what was being handed out.

According to this site, that's about the cost of two small bottles of water in Guatemala.

Gaetz must not have understood where the video was taken.

So then maybe he, as a sitting member of Congress, shouldn't have posted it on Twitter claiming that it was proof of George Soros paying women and children to join the caravan in Honduras. Gaetz is a clown.

Are you now going to argue that Guatemalan women and children joined a caravan to earn enough money for lunch?

This changes what exactly?

Let me remind you the title of this thread: "Who is paying? Footage in Honduras of women and children being paid cash to join caravan to the US"

Clearly this video does not show that. It's not Honduras, where the caravan started. It's in Guatemala. They're handing women and children enough money to basically get a snack.

What makes more sense? That some Guatemalans, who are coming out to give aide to these folks as they pass through town, gave dozens of women and children enough to buy a snack (no theory on why the men and the other women and children are in the caravan) OR that women and children in Guatemala are being paid $1.29 (average income for an export factory worker in Guatemala appears to be about $350 a month) by George Soros to trek well over a thousand miles to the US border (possibly a couple thousand miles depending on the border crossing) to give Trump and the Republicans propaganda fodder 3 weeks out from the mid-term elections?

Give me a break. This is clearly bull#.

edit on 2018-10-18 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Yes. The Caravan is in Guatamala now. They left Honduras five days ago.

Yes. This video would have been from Tuesday. On Monday, they crossed the border and were in Esquipulas and yesterday, they were in Zacapa. If you read the reporting from on the ground, people in Guatemala have been coming out in droves and giving them aide.

Food, water, ride: Guatemalans aid Honduran caravan migrants

In neighboring Guatemala, where their journey continued Wednesday amid warning tweets from President Donald Trump and other U.S. officials, they were helped at every turn by residents who offered them food, water and rides in pickups or on flatbed of semi-trailer trucks.

“We are all human beings,” said Deidania Cabrera, the woman who offered the carriage to Zuniga. Outside her wood-frame business, she had also set out children’s clothing and baby carriers. “It is moving, above all seeing the babies, so tiny, who are traveling.”
Guatemalan acts of solidarity toward the Hondurans have been everywhere in recent days.

Henry Tejeda, who hails from Puerto Colon, Honduras, stopped at the side of a highway in the eastern department of Zacapa along with a group of women and children to ask for money. From a car a man tossed a 10-quetzal bill — worth about $1.30 — saying, “So you can eat.” In all, Tejeda scraped together the equivalent of about $2, enough to get a bite.

Marta Julia Veliz, a Guatemalan, organized with about 20 neighbors in Teculutan, Zacapa, to cook in the street for migrants. They served up beef broth, rice, tortillas and coffee to migrants passing on foot who paused for refreshment at the impromptu oasis. For those who didn’t get down from vehicles, the volunteers tossed them water, bread and toilet paper.

“We have been here since 4 a.m.,” said Veliz. “We have given breakfast and lunch to thousands of people.”

Speaking of 10 quetzal bills, that appears to be what was being handed out.

According to this site, that's about the cost of two small bottles of water in Guatemala.

Gaetz must not have understood where the video was taken.

So then maybe he, as a sitting member of Congress, shouldn't have posted it on Twitter claiming that it was proof of George Soros paying women and children to join the caravan in Honduras. Gaetz is a clown.

Are you now going to argue that Guatemalan women and children joined a caravan to earn enough money for lunch?

This changes what exactly?

Let me remind you the title of this thread: "Who is paying? Footage in Honduras of women and children being paid cash to join caravan to the US"

Clearly this video does not show that. It's not Honduras, where the caravan started. It's in Guatemala. They're handing women and children enough money to basically get a snack.

What makes more sense? That some Guatemalans, who are coming out to give aide to these folks as they pass through town, gave dozens of women and children enough to buy a snack (no theory on why the men and the other women and children are in the caravan) OR that women and children in Guatemala are being paid $1.29 (average income for an export factory worker in Guatemala appears to be about $350 a month) by George Soros to trek well over a thousand miles to the US border (possibly a couple thousand miles depending on the border crossing) to give Trump and the Republicans propaganda fodder 3 weeks out from the mid-term elections?

Give me a break. This is clearly bull#.

If anything, at the end of this March none of them will be able to claim asylum. It is quite obvious that nobody is out to get them.

Wonder what prompted them to march in opposition of a country they cant legally enter.....really wonder how they organized in such oppressive and violent countries. And truly wonder at how they care so much about the US having open borders.....

This whole march is laughable really.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Women and children first!! Then unmarried men.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Women and children first!! Then unmarried men.

Muslims did it different in the EU, they sent their fighting age men first. Remember the footage when Germany welcomed them in, majority adult males. I shuddered at the time when I saw it on TV news.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Roger. You think this is an unorganized, spontaneous, and unfunded event.

The alternative view clearly causes you distress. Maybe you should back away from the keyboard.

Meanwhile, there's tons of evidence that this is a well funded event, beyond just this video. I wouldn't hold your breath on very many people agreeing with your assessment this is all clearly bull#.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

so this was their only payment? how do you know that? I agree that this is short on facts, but you are manufacturing your own version, which isn't any more truth than what this story tells.

Lmao.

"THIS VIDEO SHOWS WOMEN AND CHILDREN IN HONDURAS BEING PAID TO JOIN THE CARAVAN... BY GEORGE SOROS!"

Is "a story" that is "short on facts."

I come along and demonstrate conclusively that the video was not shot in Honduras but rather days later in Guatemala. I also pointed out that the women and children were being handed a single bill. While it was pretty crazy to think that any mother would be motivated to drag their kids thousands of miles for a max of $20, given that this is Guatemala, those single bills appear to be 10 quetzal notes which would buy a couple bottles of water or a bottle of water and a bunch of bananas.

But I'm "making up my own version of things?" *I* didn't provide anymore truth "than what this story tells?"

Are you really going to be this intellectually dishonest to try to keep this bull# hoax alive?

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Who gives a # who pays who or what how why.

How about you turn that stupid # around and go to guatemala hondurus whatever # hole it happens to be like.
edit on 18-10-2018 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

You sound unhinged. Maybe you're due for a Cruise?

What part is a hoax? The video? The caravan? Inquiry into who might be funding it?

Sounds like you just want everyone to stop discussing the topic.
edit on 18-10-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Is there any info on where the video was taken or when? It is such a grainy video do we even know if it is from this year. Also, the one handing out "money/tickets" with the gun is he part of the police or a gang?

Do we have any info beyond the video and the claim by a politician on twitter?

Exactly, we don't know who these people are, where this was recorded, what they are being handed or who is doing the distributing. But oooo the caravan.

Didn't the last caravan wind up being a bunch of women pushing strollers with toddlers in them? Big scary mamas with Uzi toting toddlers to hear trump talk. Closing the southern border... how absurd.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

on the GOP school playground?

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

And these are the people in charge.... God save us.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Roger. You think this is an unorganized, spontaneous, and unfunded event.

I never said that it was completely unorganized, did I? The guy who has been identified as organizing it, former Honduran legislator Bartolo Fuentes, and three other organizers were detained Tuesday in Guatemala.

But hey, just keep randomly saying things.

The alternative view clearly causes you distress. Maybe you should back away from the keyboard.

I'm distressed? Lmao. You're desperately trying to keep this hoax alive so that you don't have to admit that you got duped.

Meanwhile, there's tons of evidence that this is a well funded event, beyond just this video.

If that's the case, maybe you should start a thread about some of it because this is a bust.

I wouldn't hold your breath on very many people agreeing with your assessment this is all clearly bull#.

I'm okay with being the lone voice of reason.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

G A S P ! ! !

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join