It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KC-46 delivery slips

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: thebozeian

Ontario yesterday had a few passenger flights, mostly Southwest, but quite a few cargo flights. A number of UPS and FedEx heavies with a few others thrown in.

posted on Mar, 31 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   
kc 46 new problem

While the service said in a statement that the issue of “excessive fuel leaks” was first discovered during testing last summer, it has now placed it in the most serious category ranking of problems.

did boeing do any thing right with this pos...

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf
It describes the fuel leaks as "leaking fuel lines" but doesn't detail where the lines are. So we dont know if its flex lines to say the engine mounted fuel pump (HMU) from the spar valves, or if its internal fuel tank gallery rigid lines in the wing, or lines between extra fuel cells in the cargo area which I was under the impression the KC-46 had. If its flex lines then the fix is probably not to difficult but begs the question, how did they get that wrong? Gallery rigid line leaks can be difficult sometimes to trace and permanently get a fix for.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 04:10 AM
link   
So what are the lessons learned here on this project or is that too simplistic?

Poor, rushed or under estimated design - tried to save a buck here and lost billions there?

Scope creep?

Quality control?

I dont want to be dramatic about leaking fuel lines as I suppose a leak could be almost a small drop right? Its not like its necessarily pissing out avgas but to make a top ranking issue, does that mean there are no others above it or its hit a certain criteria like life threatening?

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Didnt the Trents have fuel line issues to begin with?Yeah fuel leaks can be pretty hard to find sometimes especially if they weep under pressure and not while dry.
edit on 1-4-2020 by Blackfinger because: word

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger
Which Trent mate? I have a friend who works for CX and they run Trent's on their 330's, Ill ask him. T900's didn't have any issues though and I cant think of any on the RB-211-524's. Not to say it cant happen. I assume the KC-46 will run P&W 4000 or GE CF-6.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   
QF32 4 Nov 2010.The Trent 900 had an oil line failure leading to an uncontained failure of the engine..Yeah I know my bad its not a fuel line.Memory is full of odd disconnected facts...

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: thebozeian

They screwed up the boom... I mean they had a perfectly fine design since 1955 and tried to reinvent the wheel so they could charge more.

I would put nothing past Boeings ability to screw up lately.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

Yes all of the above, Boeing is not what she once was chasing profit has become more important than engineering and it shows.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   

To be fair, the Air Force played a role in that one.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I agree the USAF isn't what she once was either...

BUT Boeing always had the option to say that's not something I can guarantee in a timely manner but we can do X and get it to you on time and budget.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Oh, 99% of this is solidly on Boeing. There's no arguing that.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Between this, the MAX, the cancelled orders because of the virus I dont think boeing is going to survive as the mammoth corporation we know.

I think some form will survive but it will be reduced.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   

The aerospace industry is going to be radically different after this.

posted on Apr, 1 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger
I know I was there for that one. Spent many a shift for several years after, inspecting and re-inspecting those oil lines and associated hardware.

posted on Apr, 2 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Boeing will provide incremental upgrades to the RVS, while at the same time redesigning the system and almost completely replacing the cameras and screens on all aircraft.

www.defensenews.com...

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join