It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least religion sucks everywhere: Violent protests at HIndu temple

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

It all depends if you believe the bible is truly God's word or a collection of stories created by men to control the masses and to justify their existence. Kind of odd when you have two biblical testaments. In the first testament God is an angry and jealous God. In the second testament he's a loving God. So which is the true God?

You can quote from the bible until the cows come home, but believing that the bible is God's word is pure faith. There's absolutely no proof that the bible is God's word. You can believe and defend any religion you want, but that doesn't mean you have all the answers. Religion could be nothing more than dogma. It's your perspective and most of the time its the religion you were raised to follow. All I know is many religions are extremely hypocritical. Having been raised Catholic, attended a private Catholic school learning about the bible everyday, served mass as an Alter Boy for 3 years, I witnessed and listened to many bible contradictions from my own religion. Surprisingly, many fellow Alter Boys I've come to know over the years felt the same way and are no longer practicing Catholics. So I guess it's not just me.

Ignoring the hypocrisy of religion is ignorance. To say some religions don't justify killings is just plain ignorance. Radical Islam approves of it! Many religious cults have engaged in murdering their own followers! How many soldiers pray to God for their safe return? Do you really think a loving God would justify killing another human being because of their disagreements? Doesn't the commandment "I shell not Kill" pretty much squelch any justification for war?

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

those adam and lilith. i bet they had two daughters.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Damla

Evidently, as overheard down at the Agora, Adamu requested Lilith not only do the dishes, but also starch the collar of His fig leaf.. And if You know Lilith, this didn't take too well... She ended up w/Samael who is also listed in Ye Olde Rule Book™ (available from TheGideons™ and 1 of their 880 satellite orifices from the world over...)

So, TheScribes™ either forgot or just said "Egad" or "Yipe" and drove home in their BIG RED TRUCKS

This of course is ample "proof" to blame Lilith from every 'thing' to a husband cheating (like many of Preachers) a husband taking up w/another male (Like many of Priests) and for "Junior" soiling His fund-a-roos.

Any questions on the 'why' behind the Feminists taking the name of "Lilith" for their Faire/Festival?

I mean, ALL You need is to KNOW Your HERstory....

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

God is the same in both, you just don't comprehend he difference
And yes I can quote the bible to you have your cows back and you can misquote the bible all you like as well.
Your point being?

I don't really mind what you think of the bible, when I am told women are subservient to man and I can directly refute that, I will
But you don't like my opinion so decide to dismis the narrative

Religion is full of hypocrites, I can't argue, there are atheist hypocrites as well

What I see when I read your words is that you were an unbelieving Catholic, pretending o be a Christian because it suited you or someone else, maybe mum or dad
Funny word hypocrisy
Sorry for your dilemma

Also I didn't say religion didn't justify killing, I said atheists kill people over their beliefs as well, unless you are claiming atheism a religion
Yes religion is poisonous, the problem is also atheism is poisonous, Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot are testament to how horrific atheism is. You are acting all high horse and moral and you are hypocritical

Violence is endemic of humanity, not just the religios
Violence is endemic of humanity, not just religios

Jesus came to end religion

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

this was so cute
thanks *hugs*!

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I agree religion sucks, but what of Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot and other non religios ideals that killed hundreds of millions and were atheistic in nature

Bet they don't suck?
They teach humans are nothing more than mere animals and have no rights more than cattle.
I guess that's not religion so those secular organisations are ok?

I blame religion and people, also I blame atheists and non religios as well.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

i already said i blame people too.
in this thread i am talking about religion. not sure why you keep deflecting away from that but whatever

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

but there is a lot of hate and intolerance with it too.

I think religion over all is trying to suppress the hate in man and it has a hard time doing that because man in general is a rather vicious predator. So you can suggest that religion brings out the evil in man or you can think about that maybe man is just inherently evil to begin with.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
n or you can think about that maybe man is just inherently evil to begin with.

i do think that

i just think religion makes it worse

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

They call it tradition; they claim to be defending tradition.

Their worshiping tradition

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Do you blame atheism for Stalin, Mao, humans for deaths or just religios
It was secular society and communism, anti religion that caused the greatest death tolls, they relevant?

It's like your other thread, you target your enemy and deny the cause

That Trump wife stripping thing, that IT rapper bated people and got the reaction he wanted. But you
You just want to blame those you disagree with
You just want to score points rather than see it for what it is

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

dude you can give up your personal crusade

i think religion sucks
i think its worse than cancer

it is my opinion

i said in my OP i think people should be able to worship if they want to. i hope their lives are better for it

i am allowed to think it is terrible. dont expect you or anyone to agree

wait like 5 minutes and ask me again about Mao

keep trying to prove a point i simply do not care about

the hate and intolerance are not the only reasons i cant stand it

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

i just think religion makes it worse

I disagree, when you look at the times in history when religion went way off the moral compass path there has always been a good moral foundation to get people somewhat back online. In events with zero religion involved the the moral compass goes off course, it really goes off course and has little to bring it back. The worst events in man's history have been non-religious events...

The one down side is people tend to not evolve from past states with religion very fast and so we see them today as more morally wrong in some cases, but typically if you look in the past and you see religion as wrong it was still morally cutting edge for that time. I think today we CAN, and I say CAN evolve morally better without religion, but I do not want to be around with the next BIG non-religious event that goes morally off course, and we humans can do that in a blink of an eye...

edit on 18-10-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

dude you can give up your personal crusade

i think atheism sucks
i think its worse than cancer

it is my opinion

I think hate and intolerance by atheists is as disgusting as that of religion, I think you are showing that now and you are a hypocrite

I also think atheism is a religion, atheists fundamentalists are as vile and toxic as their religious counterparts who love to poison others.

You are one of them...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join