It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least religion sucks everywhere: Violent protests at HIndu temple

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Violent Protests Erupt In India As Ancient Hindu Temple Opens Up To All Women

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Hundreds of protesters descended on an ancient Hindu hill temple in India on Wednesday, seeking to thwart women who, until recently, had been banned from entering the popular pilgrimage site.
The crowd fought street battles with police, damaged police and television vehicles, and ultimately bullied women into turning back from the Sabarimala temple in the southern state of Kerala, according to local news reports.
The mob also verbally and physically assaulted several female Indian journalists who were covering the protest ― some of whom say police didn’t do enough to protect them.

n September, India’s Supreme Court lifted the temple’s centuries-old ban on women between the ages of 10 and 50, who were barred because they could potentially be on their periods

The News Minute, an Indian digital newspaper, said reporter Saritha Balan was physically attacked while embedded with a group of devotees traveling to Sabarimala on a bus. A mob of around 20 men reportedly forced Balan to exit the bus before kicking her, taking her photograph and calling her “derogatory names,” the news site said.

at least religion sucks everywhere.

it is just not something i will ever understand.

let me also say that people should be able to believe/worship of they want to. if theyre into it then thats great. i hope their lives are better for it.

but i just dont get it.

all the different religions that preach or teach love and tolerance all have their crazy ways.
they preach love and tolerance... sure

but there is a lot of hate and intolerance with it too.

at least it is crappy everywhere.....

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

At least the core texts are pretty much incorruptible - but it's all downhill from there .
A friend of mine travelled to India many times . Once , he told me , he'd noticed all these men were going into some kind of temple entrance , and went in there himself to see what was happening . He walked round a few corners and then discovered them all worshipping a large stone d*ck set over a pool of milk which they were pouring over it repeatedly . Then they caught sight of him and he ran away fast but they were very angry and he had difficulty losing them . He's a wise old soul but he said could well have died that day .

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Hundreds of protesters? Sounds like a bunch of radicals, there are over a billion people in India and 80% of them are Hindu.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

At least you got that right.

There are many things I don't understand as well, but that doesn't mean others don't deserve the freedom to pursue their own happiness, fulfillment and interests. If we expect our own freedom to be respected then we also owe it to others to provide the same respect.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Hundreds of protesters? Sounds like a bunch of radicals, there are over a billion people in India and 80% of them are Hindu.

does not change my opinion at all.

just like when people like to dog Islam when something happens. they go to that "but its the religion of piece" angle.

same deal

its my opinion. you dont have to agree

i think the world would be a better place if religion never was.
a lot of bull# laws in many countries comes from these magic tales.

its 2018

people need to
#wake the # up

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

At least you got that right.

There are many things I don't understand as well, but that doesn't mean others don't deserve the freedom to pursue their own happiness, fulfillment and interests. If we expect our own freedom to be respected then we also owe it to others to provide the same respect.

i guess yo must have missed the part of my post that i put in bold.
let me show you again

let me also say that people should be able to believe/worship of they want to. if theyre into it then thats great. i hope their lives are better for it

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Oh I agree religion sucks, doesn't change the reality that's just a bunch of radicals and likely not how the majority feel. It's little like me thinking all Americans are gun nuts because of an incident involving guns.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
radicals yes but just the fact that there was a centuries old ban on women age 10-50 cause they might be on their periods.

# is backwards man

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
radicals yes but just the fact that there was a centuries old ban on women age 10-50 cause they might be on their periods.

# is backwards man

India as a whole is quite backwards, the way they think over there is somewhat bizarre.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

What do you mean you don't get it?
Really?

Politics is violent, schools are violent, streets are violent, homes are violent
When you,say religion is violent are you blaming the ideal?

It's like saying science is violent, science is not violent, science is reporting the facts.
Religion is not violent, religion is a law, guideline or philosophy
The religion is not violent people are violent, all people are violent

Even non religious are violent, Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot

It's a human condition not a religious condition

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

But I have seen atheists act disgusting and it's bull as well
Let's have them all up against the wall

Or maybe kill all the religious, oh wait, that's violent, but that's what atheists are

You should apply a little thought because you are seeming very violent with your end religion spiel

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
this is one of the types of reasons why the constitution forbids government from interfering in religion (ie freedom of religion). you will notice that it was India's supreme court that decided that women must be allowed at this holt site. and that would be why religious adherents are seemingly rather (righteously) pissed off. it is not for the government to tell religion what they can and can not do in a case like this.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

you say this...

at least religion sucks everywhere.

Then complain that people say..

just like when people like to dog Islam when something happens. they go to that "but its the religion of piece" angle.

So which is it are blanket statements good or bad?

You might have a better point if you focused on the lack of education that could keep such a rediculous law on the books for so long, instead of just dogging on all religions despite the good many religions do in the world.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

all the different religions that preach or teach love and tolerance all have their crazy ways. they preach love and tolerance... sure but there is a lot of hate and intolerance with it too.

It's rather hypocritical don't you think? Religious ideology has created more wars, conflicts and terrorism in this world. There's only one true God, so why do we have so many religions that have different beliefs? What amazes me is how women in many religions are treated as being subservient to men. Many women are enslaved and oppressed by these religions. Even the Catholic religion doesn't allow women to become priests. Ever see a women Pope, Bishop or Cardinal? It kind of leads one to believe these religions and the scriptures in the bible were created by men and not by God. You really don't need to be associated with any religion to believe in God and to live a loving, respectful and peaceful life.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Yet the bible states in the New Testament
"We are all one in Christ
Neither Jew or Gentile, slave or free, male or female but all in one Christ Jesus"
Galatians 3/28

Kinda makes yours an argument from ignorance doesn't it WeRpeons

No you don't need to be associated with religion to live long and prosper but that doesn't mean you don't need to be associated with religion to kill millions either

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

What do you mean you don't get it?
Really?

Politics is violent, schools are violent, streets are violent, homes are violent
When you,say religion is violent are you blaming the ideal?

It's like saying science is violent, science is not violent, science is reporting the facts.
Religion is not violent, religion is a law, guideline or philosophy
The religion is not violent people are violent, all people are violent

Even non religious are violent, Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot

It's a human condition not a religious condition

people dont worship schools and politics hoping when they die they get to spend eternity with magic people.
so as i said. i dont understand.

it all just seems so bizarre to me.

here is our giant book of love and tolerance.
unless youre gay
or a woman
or this
or that

then # you

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   
violence brings violence.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

It seems beyond your logic?
It's not religion or spending eternity with magic people

It's now and about people, irrelevant of their faith
Stalin had no faith 100 million dead, Mao Tse Tung more, Pol Pot, why are atheists so violent so deadly compared to the religios of the world

Stop blaming religion and blame people

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I do blame people.
I also blame religion.

It is my opinion that religion sucks.
You don't have to agree

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

If You ever get an inkling, read the story of Adam's first wife, "Lilith" The original text read "Adamu and Lilith created from the same dirt..." (EQUAL) but TheQuorum™ the guys who COPIED everything removed Lilith and in comes "Eve" who NEEDED a bit of Adam to get going (subservient)

Then TheQuorum™ each jumped into their BIG RED TRUCKs and drove away...

What part of TheTruth needs a 'rule book' a "sales team" and a Hall to hold trinkets?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join