It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Slams ‘Very Unfair’ Drug Sentences

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yes from experience. PCP hallucinations are no joke and will make even a very non aggressive person like myself very aggressive. You'll also overestimate your own capabilities and gain a sense of superiority to other people. It's INCREDIBLY dangerous because of its dissociative and hallucinogenic properties.

A2D

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Dope is against the law. Pay the consequences for being caught with it.

When a traffic light turns red, do you stop or just run thru it because it's your choice to do so or just want to joe smo badazz no body tells you what to do. When a Police officer writes you a ticket for running the red light, you then pay the consequences.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

Fair enough, cheers for the explanation, I've personally never tried it to know...

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I don't know what the situation is nationality, here it's county to county, but I'm a big fan of the drug court programs. It's basically an intense rehab, but when you complete it your charges are dismissed. A good friend of mine was facing three 50 year consecutive sentences for some pills. He did the program for two years, and he got all the charges dismissed. He's still sober and clean today.
edit on 17-10-2018 by sine.nomine because: Typo

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

I've seen videos of people running naked down the street after getting piped up on drugs and then beating on cars that stop and beating on cop cars. I've even seen videos of people on coke getting shot multiple times and not dropping. People like that already don't care about the law. All legalizing will for those guys is keep them out of prison or rehab, and keep them on the streets. Law abiding citizens shouldn't have to deal with crap like that.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I'm asking you to provide facts that laws make it worse... yes. Please provide because my Google is not pulling any facts up. Thank you.

A2D

I'll make you a deal.

You give me a logical answer as to why the US has the highest incarnation rate in the world, due to their 'war on on drugs'... Yet, for some reason still has one of the highest recreational use rates in the world... Then I'll google up a statistic to dispute your answer.

How's that?
edit on 17-10-2018 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Yeah, well, you don't have a third world toilet butted up against you where illegals can traffic drugs throughout your country. You don't understand the issues here.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Right. Let me just smoke some PCP and see how much I care about some "legislation"... when you're high on PCP you literally don't know your ass from the Eiffel tower...

A2D

You know this how, from experience?

You can find lots of videos of people high on PCP. I mean, how do you know a car will crash if it hits another one head on? You don't need to experience it to know.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I could drink 12 beers and still not be as screwed up as I would be if I popped an oxycotin (sp). I'd also be sober within a few hours while the oxy would stay in my system for at least 12.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

a reply to: narrator

Do you want your child's teacher to smoke meth? Most likely no...

Do you want to carpool with the guy who is snorting lines of coc aine off his dash board?

Imagine a country where Jim and Jackie Snort shoot up a couple loads, throw their needles down at the park and then take a nice relaxing joy ride down to the movie theater....

Dude, I seriously don't think you need to "imagine" any of that... since everything you mentioned is already just a fact of reality.

Making the use of drugs a 'criminal act' doesn't deter that kind of reckless behaviour.... It just creates a lot of other problems on top of it.

But you don't think it creates more problems when you legalize it? All that's gonna do is keep drug addicts on the streets. It's not like the majority of your crack heads and meth heads and heroine addicts are middle/upper class tax paying law abiding citizens.

Lol yup always the poor people...

Cocaine traces found in UK Parliament buildings

www.cnn.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

www.seasidepalmbeach.com...

www.mercurynews.com...

www.livescience.com...

middle class coc aine use

www.elementsbehavioralhealth.com...

wealthy biggest narcotics users
edit on 17/10/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Yeah, well, you don't have a third world toilet butted up against you where illegals can traffic drugs throughout your country. You don't understand the issues here.

lol... But yet, both our countries have an extremely comparative rate of recreational drug use.

edit on 17-10-2018 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

I don't know what the situation is nationality, here it's county to county, but I'm a big fan of the drug court programs. It's basically an intense rehab, but when you complete it your charges are dismissed. A good friend of mine was facing three 50 year consecutive sentences for some pills. He did the program for two years, and he got all the charges dismissed. He's still sober and clean today.

See? I'm all for REAL solutions. Congratulations on your buddy for remaining sober, too. I've never personally experienced an addiction like that, but I know it's gotta feel good to be able to stay away from it. I used to smoke cigs and quit cold turkey when I was ready.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

So keep the addicts on the streets? That's your solution to drugs problems?

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

a reply to: dug88

So keep the addicts on the streets? That's your solution to drugs problems?

Huh??? When did I say that...I was responding to your assertion that all drug addicts are poor and living on the streets....i was just posting many examples showing why that's not the case. Drug addiction is a problem for people from all economic levels not just homeless street people. And yes many drug addicts are productive members of society. it's not so black and white.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Speaking from experience, the opiate crisis is real. I struggled with it for over a decade, and I've lost so many friends to it. 7 in the ground and 2 in prison (that I know of). I'm one of the lucky ones. I can attest that alcohol is almost as bad, but it's not the same thing. Apples and oranges. I've lost many to alcohol too, but... Ugh... I can't...

As for weed laws. I'd be for legalizing it just to shut up hipsters who have a "weed culture". I don't even smoke, but get a life.

ETA: I've been clean over five years and am doing absolutely amazing.

edit on 17-10-2018 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Right. Let me just smoke some PCP and see how much I care about some "legislation"... when you're high on PCP you literally don't know your ass from the Eiffel tower...

A2D

You know this how, from experience?

You can find lots of videos of people high on PCP. I mean, how do you know a car will crash if it hits another one head on? You don't need to experience it to know.

Unlike some people I don't believe everything I see on YouTube videos...

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I'll take that as a "no, I dont have any actual statistics to verify my claim". Appreciate the honest answer.

A2D

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: aniceday

So what are we defining as drugs? The number one biggest killer of people, destroyer of natural resources and all around scourge on the planet would probably have to be sugar. Followed closely by coffee and nicotine. Lest not forget alcohol....

I think there is a serious case to be made for the meat industry too. So many of us in western society are deeply addicted to not only the meat we buy but the hormones/ drugs that are pumped into them. Try going a week or two without steaks and burgers and chicken and please tell ushow you feel.

Our entire human condition is wrapped around drugs and addction. Quit thumbing your nose at the crack heads and opioid abusers and start looking at the big picture. How many kids a day do you see you hat are obese? How many 20 year olds have diabetes or can’t walk a mile? How many news stories do you see on the daily pertaining to alcohol related mishaps? I’ll bet the ratios are pretty disturbing compared to say, opioid overdose victims. Not trying to take away from the opioid crisis it’s a disaster. When I lived in Connecticut most gas stations had signs asking people not to throw away there used hypodermic needles in their trash... it’s a mess but it didn’t cause our problems. It’s a response to them.

Victimless? Our culture thrives because of slave Labor, systemic, blatant ignorance from the people in charge and a ln uncanny knack for raping the planet in order to achieve a better bottom line. Consumerism in and of itself is a drug. More addictive than the best black tar heroine. Advertising has made sure of that since the day we were born. Do you buy things like internet access, cell phones or Nike attire? Do you shop at grocery stores? Heck do you drive a car? All addictive drug like tendencies.... and yet we never put the blame on automobile owners? Why is that? Seriously think about that one. It’s ok to horde money but if you do so with just about anything else (cats, clothes, people) you are viewed as a kook. Horde money like an addict and you get put on the cover of Forbes...
Our culture is a scourge on not just human society but all existence within the blue dot. Worst of all I it was designed that way through billions $ in research by the people in charge. They masters it. They figured out how the human brain ticks and they exploited it. But if the tv man says it’s ok it must be. No more thought necessary.... There is no difference in the brain from a scientific standpoint, when you leave Target with a shopping bag full of merchandise and when you leave your drug dealers house with your score. It’s the same exact thing as far as your brain is concerned.

Drugs (in the sense that that you are implying) are a reaction to this reality. They are a cause to this mindset. Please look in the mirror before you begin pointing fingers. We are all to blame for the situation we find ourselves in, least of all the true drug addicts as they participate less ( on average) than your Joe plumbers or soccer mom. If you add up all the carnage I’ll bet the soccer mom in Suburbia kills a lot more children in some third word country than your average broke, poor crack addict.

“The world will not be saved by old minds with new programs. If the world is to be saved, it will be done so by new minds with no programs.”

No more pointing fingers. We are all hopeless “drug” addicts. Come to terms and make a change. That goes for all of us.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I'll take that as a "no, I dont have any actual statistics to verify my claim". Appreciate the honest answer.

A2D

Well, maybe if you were able to prove my "claims" were false with some sort of peer reviewed scientific study, then I'd feel obligated to google up some stats for ya.

But other than that, I gottta say, I feel my claim was fairly fricken validated.

People are going to use drugs... Whether TPTB approves of it or not.

No law is ever going to change that fact.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

You have no facts to verify your claim. That means I dont need facts to dispute it.

It's clearly your opinion that drug laws make things worse and it's my opinion that you're wrong.

And yes, people will use drugs regardless of rhe laws...that doesnt mean laws are irrelevant. People drink and drive regardless of it being illegal. Does that mean we should just legalize it? What about raping children? That's illegal but people still do it...should we legalize that while we're at it?

If you want to bring some facts and statistics into play, I'd be more than happy to debate with you. Until then we shall just....A2D
edit on 17-10-2018 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join