It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Site for Budding Electrical Engineers - Build Electric Circuits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Hi all,

I'm currently in the early stages of a project which requires some circuitry. While I can rig a nightclub in a field in the dark with my eyes closed, I know I'm not competent enough to pull this off safely (and I'm all about safety, sort of), so I've been doing some studying.

(*An amplifier comes from a factory with all of the wiring and circuitry already completed, hooking one up to a few speakers through some sound management gear is easy - building the equipment from scratch - not quite so.)

Anyway, about the website - www.build-electronic-circuits.com

Build Electronic Circuits was founded by Øyvind Nydal Dahl, author of Electronics For Kids and the creator of Ohmify.

After finishing his master degree in electronics in 2009, Øyvind has divided his time between teaching electronics to complete beginners and helping companies develop new innovative products.

Since launching Build Electronic Circuits, Øyvind has made a name for himself by publishing extremely easy-to-understand explanations of electronics. Now, more than 100.000 visit his website to learn electronics every month.

This guy has just managed to give me an understanding of Ohm's Law, which is something I've never managed to grasp. It involves numbers so it'll still be some sort of a headache, but at least now I know where I'm at.

Anyway, here's his blog - Build Electronic Circuits

It looks like he has 82 pages of entries, so it's quite a bit of reading, but the best part is that if I can understand it, almost anyone will be able to!

(I'm keeping details about my little project to myself, for now - there's a lot of work to do and it will be a long learning curve. If and when I manage to pull it off, I'll create a thread with photos [I just hope this isn't one of those ideas that get put on the back-burner, this should be pretty cool if I can pull it off])

While I'm learning what I need to know for free from his Blog, I've just noticed he also runs online classes too (I am in no way affiliated with the website or its author)

Anyway, I hope his blog can be as useful to others as I'm finding it

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I’ll check out the blog I’m a wee bit passed knowing about Ohm’s law but have been an electronics hobbyist for quite some time but have been wanting to get more into designing circuits and arduino projects so I’m sure I’ll find something of interest there. Thanks mate

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

Better get used to dealing with the numbers if you want to do much with electronics. Although you really don't need to know all the math they teach in college to get by.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

No worries boss, it's a great site!

a reply to: wtbengineer

I get a headache just looking at calendars, but I'll figure it out, lol

Eta,

[I just hope this isn't one of those ideas that get put on the back-burner, this should be pretty cool if I can pull it off]

I waxed over £160 on parts yesterday, so it looks a lot like it is going down, lol,

edit on 19/10/2018 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: Eta

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
wait until you get into inductive reactance

posted on Mar, 29 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: makesense
wait until you get into inductive reactance

Thanks for the headache! 🤣

🍻

new topics

top topics