It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump to withdraw from UPU treaty China BTFO

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Wierd, because American manufacturing is going like gangbusters right now. Jobs in the sector hit a low at 10,000,000 (that's 10 million) workers eight years ago. It's at 12,747,000 right now. Manufacturing has gained over 400,000 jobs since the November 2016 election. 171,000 jobs were reshored last year of the 189,000 added. That's about 90% of growth in the sector simply from "coming back" .

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Ah, so now all of a sudden you're not a believer in Jesus? My how quickly you change. Maybe Trump turned you away from the faith, he certainly doesn't represent it.

Jesus Christ My lord, you just love speaking out of your ass don't you? All of a sudden? Quote me ever mentioning religion or Jesus on these boards. just ONCE and I'll gladly eat crow and concede you're the greatest ever in all of history.

What a joke you continue to be.

link   
MOD NOTE:

KNOCK OFF THE TIT FOR TAT!

Even in the dreaded Mud Pit making it about the poster and not the topic is not allowed. If this continues Posting Ban's are in your future. Be warned.

If you can't post on topic move on.

Do not reply to this post.

link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Ok, maybe you should take my vote away Mr. America.

Captain Murica, not "Mr America" and if I had the ability it already would have been gone long ago, believe me. We're working on it, that's about the best I can do for now.

link   
I guess trump has come in to finish off the free market and get conservatives used to market intervention as policy.

These policies are needed to be changed over time not overnight. Because trump needs wins he is sacrificing consumer stability and gambling on perfect scenarios. Even with a booming economy we have almost a trillion deficit..

Wake up folks vote for libertarians.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

How American of you. Maybe you'll throw me in a concentration camp next.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Wierd, because American manufacturing is going like gangbusters right now. Jobs in the sector hit a low at 10,000,000 (that's 10 million) workers eight years ago. It's at 12,747,000 right now. Manufacturing has gained over 400,000 jobs since the November 2016 election. 171,000 jobs were reshored last year of the 189,000 added. That's about 90% of growth in the sector simply from "coming back" .

All the more people to be laid off when it crashes.

Obama brought unemployment from 9 to 4.7. Trump 4.7 to 4.1.

The economy is doing great thing is a bubble. Look at the spending and interest we owe devouring wage growth.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Honestly, I doubt you bother to vote based on your mellow-dramatic posting history of political-nihlism. Why would anyone be arsed to take your right away?

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

I didn't vote, that doesn't take away the fact that if I do decide to Mr. America would want to take it away.

How very Constitutional of Mr. America, allowing only those who agree with him to vote. May as well not have an election at all if different opinions aren't welcome.

Mr. America, what a hero.
edit on 10/17/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

The bubble started long ago. Wages are growing faster than anypoint in the past ten years.

You are right that our ridiculous spending needs to be cut and that inflation is eating away gains, though.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
MOD NOTE:

KNOCK OFF THE TIT FOR TAT!

Even in the dreaded Mud Pit making it about the poster and not the topic is not allowed. If this continues Posting Ban's are in your future. Be warned.

If you can't post on topic move on.

Do not reply to this post.

It would appear this fell of deaf ears. Return to the topic, move on or possibly be Posting Banned. Your choice.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 17-10-2018 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Wages are not growing faster. Unless you fudge the numbers.

And ceratainly raising costs for the consumer and business owner doesn't help.

What we have is a huge burst coming as interests rates raise and investments slow in the next years.

What trump supporters don't get is he is a dictator in the sense that he is required to make the changes. Once he leaves or a majority is lost now the perfect scenario he has is not there. We could have even greater deficits.

American homes are expected to lose 16k in the next 25 years just from the interest on debt...

Which is why I don't vote for Republicans or Democrats.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I would love to order things from America on E-bay but if i look for a small ram stick for a laptop i get quotes of 18-20 $ for postage when i can get free postage from china .

America should have seen this years ago and done something about it , this is a bit like bolting the stable door after the horse has bolted

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
I would love to order things from America on E-bay but if i look for a small ram stick for a laptop i get quotes of 18-20 $ for postage when i can get free postage from china .

America should have seen this years ago and done something about it , this is a bit like bolting the stable door after the horse has bolted

Well they divided the public so badly that they all agree politicians are liars but then argue about the lies they know they are being told.

People are so lonely and isolated now they just want to pick fights no matter how irrational.

Yeah our policies have been terrible in some areas. That doesn't mean flailing around hoping throwing the kitchen sink at the problem is the right idea.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

It's not free postage from China. It's American tax dollars paying for the shipping.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

That is only true for shipping to America.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

It takes time for supply lines and markets to realign. You're absolutely right, that time comes at a cost. Which is why noone has ever had the stones to do what needs to be done. If you want to piecemeal it out over decades, it will never, ever get done.

The tariffs take time to bring everything back to equilibrium. You're right that there is a price tag on that. We're paying it, and the economy is still chugging along.

Do you think US taxpayers subsidizing Chinese shipping costs is somehow beneficial to the long-term economy of the United States? Make that argument. The rest is just "Oh, this is too fast for me" talk.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join