It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump to withdraw from UPU treaty China BTFO

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Growing pains happen after 30 years of negligence.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: CharlesT
NAFTA was negotiated during Bush 1's administration but Clinton made it law.

Which was passed by a Republican majority.

Which just goes to show the globalist "uni-party" at work. There's a reason our stupid foreign policy doesn't change along red & blue lines. The globalists and various sociopaths just hide behind one or the other colors.

That's exactly why we need outsiders like President Trump who understands this. It was sickening, but revealing, to see Crime Family Bush and Crime Family Clinton (and crime boss Obama) come together after the election to drip their collective sleaze all over the election.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Fools

Exactly what I was thinking.

Plus, the USA is rated as one of the greatest recyclers on the planet. I am not environmentalist by any stretch of the imagination, but I recycle everything pretty much. And must people I know do as well.

No we are not LOL
Where are you pulling this out of?
Maybe do a little research on that one.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Then maybe this administration should have got those trade deals in place before trying to cut off one of largest suppliers.

Just from the tariffs earlier this year I had a shipment of cans delayed for months due to an aluminum shortage. I don't see how this new move will help with this problem at all.

Which only goes to show your utter lack of understanding of what you're talking about. We need to rebuild our manufacturing base and not be such buttercups about some inconveniences or temporary price increases on certain things fluctuating for a bit. Your cans have been kicked down the road for far too long.

If it wasn't for our manufacturing base, WW II would have almost certainly gone to Hitler. That's the scale of the issue we're talking about here.
edit on 17-10-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I just love how ATS is all of a sudden full of international trade experts. It seems many members here are experts on any given subject depending on what Trump did or did not do.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Plus, the USA is rated as one of the greatest recyclers on the planet. I am not environmentalist by any stretch of the imagination, but I recycle everything pretty much. And must people I know do as well.

No we are not LOL

I said it just for you. Because I knew you would refute it. USA! USA! USA! USA!

I bet its actually Finland.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

a reply to: Xcalibur254

China doesn't have a stranglehold on bauxite. Are US taxpayers paying for bauxite shipping?

Australia, Brazil, India, Guinea. None of them are pissing in our ear and telling us its raining of late.

Unless someone rapidly expands aluminum production and buys up all the surplus, there will be the same amount of aluminum produced next as this. China would have to sell elsewhere, those other suppliers would be left with excess stock after being under cut by Chinese companies with a glut. That excess on the market makes it easy to fill domestic orders. It just takes months for new supplylines to estsblish and everything to shake out.

Notice he was able to still get cans and the company is still in business, and the US economy is thriving despite the trade war that was bound to doom us all according to the wags.

(I also doubt Chinese bauxite is covered by the UPU agreement, so its probably just another red-herring Trump-bash.)
edit on 17-10-2018 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

No we are not LOL

I said it just for you. Because I knew you would refute it. USA! USA! USA! USA!

I bet its actually Finland.

You scoundrel you

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

This is true. I remember laughing at people and being smug because I voted for Ross Perot. And then had all other choices as unmarked or Libertarian.

All the global trade deals were horrible mistakes. Just horrible.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I just love how ATS is all of a sudden full of international trade experts. It seems many members here are experts on any given subject depending on what Trump did or did not do.

Folk are starting to educate themselves on larger issues again. Nothing wrong with that and about time. But go ahead and go back to sleep, you tell us quite often about how you don't follow any of it. So...what does that make you: The un-expert criticizing those who are educating themselves? The irony is palpable. You know I love ya' though, Bro, regardless.

edit on 17-10-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Some of us dared to get educated when Universities still taught something beyond fragile social coping skills. We also have broad experience in the real world and in business(-es) for spans of time longer than some other posters have been alive.
So there's that.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

If Trump handed MFN to China on a platter and completely rolled over, this same poster would criticize everyone for ignoring the real issues like how we were being sold out to China by R's and D's. It's just his way of telling everyone how smart he is. It's his shtick.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I did include Bush 1 in that statement. You are correct in that both parties sold us out. but Clinton DID have to approve it for it to become law. But I confess, I have no regard for either party at this point.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Yes, you're an expert in international trade, we know this. Probably an expert on many other subjects as well, we'll have to wait on the news cycle to find out what those subjects are though.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Look for Amazon to make a large campaign contribution and for this to go away.

That's normally how it works?

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
a reply to: The GUT

I have never seen that pic.

What the hell was Obama doing reading that book? Jesus H Christ.

Obama was and is a globalist in the truest sense of the word.

Some Americans thought he was talking about improving the country when he said he wanted to "fundamentally transform" America. Ha ha. No he wasn't. He was speaking to the global power-players. He wanted to transform us into something unrecognizable!

Think about this. He slapped more job-killing regulations on American businesses across all sectors than all previous administrations combined. Let that sink in. HRC would have continued.

President Trump is working for us, The American People, carefully taking us away from the precipice we were about to fall over.

edit on 17-10-2018 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I'm not an expert, but I know something about economics. If you think there's going to be a sudden, massive drop off in world Bauxite production or stocks, I welcome the opportunity to hear that argument. If there's some other fact you find amiss, you can point that out, too.

But simply saying, "like you're such an expert, for sure" because you don't know enough to follow the conversation is sort of sad.

I'm pretty well-rounded. You pick a subject, and we can talk about it. I don't mind being educated by someone who knows better than me. I don't usually post in a topic unless I have a good sense of what I'm talking about.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: watchitburn

Look for Amazon to make a large campaign contribution and for this to go away.

That's normally how it works?

Normally. Hopefully not this time? *shrug*

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Actually, you could learn a lot from RadioRobert. I do. I find him a sober and sharp researcher and I never skip over his posts. As much as I love you, I do tend to skip over yours. Such a broken record you are old friend---never advancing your viewpoint. Learning is growing. You seem stunted in your own growth.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join