It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump to withdraw from UPU treaty China BTFO

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: cognizant420
a reply to: GrandePoobah

I will be glad when we get all out steal mills up and running again. Its gonna hurt for a while I'm sure but in a few years we should be back on track as a top manufacturing country again.

Optimism! It seems like a lost trait nowadays. Screw the globalists. We can do this.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
I think folk are finally starting to understand how big a threat China is to us first economically and increasingly national security-wise in a number of arenas.

To make things worse, the globalists have totally bought into China as the next superpower which has caused many of our politicos to be happy with "managing our decline" and to become rich doing it.

President Trump can't just come out and say we've engaged in "war," but that's basically what's happening.

Is it already too late? That's the question, but Trump picked up the kicked-down-the-road can and said game on---it's now or never.

re quoting your post for truth!

Damn skippy.

Particularly this part:

...the globalists have totally bought into China as the next superpower which has caused many of our politicos to be happy with "managing our decline" and to become rich doing it.

edit on 17-10-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: cognizant420

And by then a large number of people in my industry will be out of work. Yay!

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

If your industry is built on screwing the US for the benefit of the Chinese then good riddance. Industries that require the US to be screwed should be gone.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Putting the cart before the horse?

You can't build, expand, or maintain an industry without a viable market. This creates one.

You want businesses to build, expand and operate at loss in the face of market forces then you'll cut off subsidizing products produced by cheap labour in a foreign country that is subsidizing them also? Talk about carts and horses.

Markets take time to readjust. It may take years. But there are lots of less antagonistic countries happy to access the best and biggest consumer market in the world without our subsidizing shipping. Even better if our own industry fills the gaps.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Only if your line of work can't survive a market that doesn't have Chinese businesses heavily subsidized by the Chinese and US governments.

I can live with that.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Bingo.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Does this mean Walmart is going to finally fail?! If so thank god! Havn’t stepped foot on that stupid store in a decade.

Don't like Walmart either do ya? Not like I care but man you are so cliche'd I am almost embarrassed for you.

An aside, I bet Walmart is rushing to figure this one out. As well as Amazon.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
NAFTA was negotiated during Bush 1's administration but Clinton made it law.

Which was passed by a Republican majority.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Walmart is the devil.

link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Because both parties suck.

link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Anything that requires packaging in aluminum cans is dependent on China. The US imports 99% of the bauxite it uses for aluminum production.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Walmart is the devil.

Amazon is a bigger devil and yet I use them all the time. I feel like a junkie sometimes when I press "place order".

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Anything that requires packaging in aluminum cans is dependent on China. The US imports 99% of the bauxite it uses for aluminum production.

Luckily Australia has the worlds largest deposit of bauxite. I see no problem there. Australia isn't actively engaged in trying to "destroy" us.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

China doesn't have a stranglehold on bauxite. Are US taxpayers paying for bauxite shipping?

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Because both parties suck.

Pretty much, but some people still like to play the partisan game as evidenced by the comment I was replying to.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Exactly what I was thinking.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Does this mean Walmart is going to finally fail?! If so thank god! Havn’t stepped foot on that stupid store in a decade.

Don't like Walmart either do ya? Not like I care but man you are so cliche'd I am almost embarrassed for you.

An aside, I bet Walmart is rushing to figure this one out. As well as Amazon.

Cliched you say....NO
I come from a small city where that devil company ruined many of my close friends family businesses. And maybe if they had to pay property taxes then maybe I would give them a pass. But mostly I like to buy American made.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Then maybe this administration should have got those trade deals in place before trying to cut off one of largest suppliers.

Just from the tariffs earlier this year I had a shipment of cans delayed for months due to an aluminum shortage. I don't see how this new move will help with this problem at all.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Exactly what I was thinking.

Plus, the USA is rated as one of the greatest recyclers on the planet. I am not environmentalist by any stretch of the imagination, but I recycle everything pretty much. And must people I know do as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join