It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump to withdraw from UPU treaty China BTFO

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It wont start a war, the Chinese need us more than we need them.

That is an unknown. They play the long game. They may not start a war, but..they may have the Intel to fund the right ones...
edit on 18-10-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
That is an unknown. They play the long game. They may not start a war, but..they may have the Intel to fund the right ones...

I'd say at that point, let them, they'll go broke before we do.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I don't know. China is a serious threat. I don't condone a specific behaviour towards that but they can make a million peasants go away in a land fill and the people can't do much against it. So bubbles bursting in made up economies don't have the same civil unrest.

On your point though they may be closer to that not being as possible due to their interconnection with the global economy for their own gain.

However, the efficiency they operate at because of the dictatorship is a factor in dealing with this type of trade warfare. Xi says and it goes. That is being challenged by a society that is becoming more westernized but not at the rate of the United states political decay.

All they have to do is continue to fund Republicans and Democrats hating each other and let us implode.

I guess I consider the most import correction we make is internal where as many believe its external..

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

All they have to do is continue to find Republicans and Democrats hating each other and let us implode.

We've been doing that since day one and we're still here.

China cannot afford a prolonged encounter of any type with the United States, their manufacturing is already being outsourced or automated, believe me, I work for a company based in HK. They are all feeling some heat right now and prefer the no tension status quo where they can make money and keep quiet.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

While I understand that, it's all based on levels of threats. They prefer the long game and most likely plan their move in more like 30-75 years. They literally implant bulk data collection in our products like our own Intel agencies but in more hardware than transmission intercept.

The data they collect has helped them escalate the tensions between Americans. We are at Vietnam level tribalism and we haven't even had the conflict yet.

Opportunity is an event or two away. If our society can't come together under stress it's more dangerous than nearly any other negative attribute. We aren't there yet but yanking economic levers around is exactly how unintended consequences start larger escalations.

If they have a long term benefit it's worth debate. If it's for political demagoguery its adding fuel.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Everything I’ve bough manufactured in China hasn’t lasted longer than a couple of weeks, I’ve be proactive in checking everything I buy now for at least 4 years

Only good products are manufactured in

Germany
USA
UK
Sweden
Switzerland
Poland

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

ebay will be hit a lot worse than Amazon...

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Reason he's pulling us out is the USPS is running billion $ deficits every year and needs bailing out by US tax payers. He wants it to be self sufficient. That's why he's engaging Amazon on their shipping rates via USPS. Simple economics people no conspiracies here.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
Everything I’ve bough manufactured in China hasn’t lasted longer than a couple of weeks, I’ve be proactive in checking everything I buy now for at least 4 years

Only good products are manufactured in

Germany
USA
UK
Sweden
Switzerland
Poland

Except that most of your stuff is manufactured in China, and then assembled somewhere else. Have you been checking that as well? I've plenty of goods from China that have lasted a while - you just need to do due diligence when buying them. Just like anywhere, there are decent, quality factories, and cheap ones.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Not sure why people assume "leftists" would be upset. The outdated policy has irked many administrations. I applaud him for doing this. And we are not out of it - that formally takes a year. Over that time, rates will most likely be renegotiated to something more fair.

Also this doesn't magically kill stores like Walmart and Amazon. Amazon actually doesn't like the treaty, either. For one, it only applies to stuff about 4 and a half pounds or less. For Amazon, it means they won't be inundated with knockoff products. When the treaty was created, it was done so with NO idea or planning for the actual types and amount of goods being sent from China to the U.S. now. It's ridiculous that it costs quite a bit more to ship nationally, than to ship from China to the U.S. - and Trump probably won't get a lot of flack over this one, it actually makes a lot of sense. Smaller stores in the U.S. shouldn't be screwed over when a cheaper knockoff product from China is cheaper to ship to the consumers, than if from the original manufacturer.
edit on 21-10-2018 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

The thing that every one should realize, is that the age of the US manufacturing is over. 

More than a thousand manufacturing jobs a day were added in October! 32,000 in that month and 296,000 over the year.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join