It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump to withdraw from UPU treaty China BTFO

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
President Trump just scored another HUGE win for US businesses and trade. The NYT just announced that the President intends to withdraw the US from the Universal Postal Union, a UN subagency which has been dictating the US to subsidize package deliveries from foreign competitors (primarily China). See:

www.nytimes.com...

Here's a brief synopsis: NYT is reporting that President Trump will announce self-declared terminal dues rates to put an end to the absurd USPS postal subsidy on Chinese shipments to the US. In other words, say goodbye to tens of billions of dollars of Chinese crap and cheap knockoff goods flooding into the US with “free” (taxpayer funded) shipping. The new rates will be phased in 6-12 months from now.

Under Trump’s plan, the US shall withdraw from the Universal Postal Union (an unelected UN subagency that’s ultimately behind this insanity) within 1 year unless they modify their policies and regulations to facilitate fair international shipping rates. The State Dept. will immediately begin bilateral talks with other countries to ensure the mail keeps flowing as it should without the UPU mucking things up for us.

So what does this mean for the nation, and for Trump? We just scored another HUGE victory in our trade war against China, and one which will have a lasting effect on both US and Chinese businesses. We’ve been losing tens (if not hundreds) of billions of dollars every year to subsidized Chinese shipping, and those losses are about to come to a screeching halt. Expect to see more booming economic figures in the US, while China plunges further into financial turmoil.

edit on 17-10-2018 by GrandePoobah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: GrandePoobah

Does this mean Walmart is going to finally fail?! If so thank god! Havn’t stepped foot on that stupid store in a decade.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Look for Amazon to cry about this.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
"Trump not messingk around"
"Trump like Vinningk"

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Look for Amazon to cry about this.

I am going to be honest. I do buy my practice bolts from Amazon and they are made in China. And if I remember correctly I have a few full tang knives that I got from China on Amazon.
Sorry guys I had to confess my sins.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

That's huge. Finally a president with balls.

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I think folk are finally starting to understand how big a threat China is to us first economically and increasingly national security-wise in a number of arenas.

To make things worse, the globalists have totally bought into China as the next superpower which has caused many of our politicos to be happy with "managing our decline" and to become rich doing it.

President Trump can't just come out and say we've engaged in "war," but that's basically what's happening.

Is it already too late? That's the question, but Trump picked up the kicked-down-the-road can and said game on---it's now or never.

edit on 17-10-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Nice!

My biggest issue was China and trade, one of the main pillars on the why I supported Trump, among other things.

China needs a kick in the arse and the general naive part of society will most likely cry about this.

We finally need to separate the US from China, as its been taking advantage of the US for so long thru terrible policies.

I'm so glad Trump is POTUS, thanl god everyday.

Good thread, S+F 😁
edit on 17-10-2018 by Arnie123 because: #Respect

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

It likely is too late. It's now a question about our decline.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
I think folk are finally starting to understand how big a threat China is to us first economically and increasingly national security-wise in a number of arenas.

To make things worse, the globalists have totally bought into China as the next superpower which has caused many of our politicos to be happy with "managing our decline" and to become rich doing it.

President Trump can't just come out and say we've engaged in "war," but that's basically what's happening.

Is it already too late? That's the question, but Trump picked up the kicked-down-the-road can and said game on---it's now or never.
Absolutely and that terrifies me about some politicians accepting defeatism and trying to sleaze their way to riches.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Damn man, I love this President. How dafuq does he keep on top of all this sh1t? It's just one amazing idea after another.

Sorry to sound like a fanboy but this one is one of the greatest decisions I've heard yet.
edit on 17-10-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: Missed word

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I'm not so sure. US society is quick to mobilize for what we deem a threat.

As long as we have an Administration plugging the holes bit by bit, we can save our country.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Bad day bro?

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
In before liberals tell us why we need substandard Chinese garbage and a massively subsidized shipping system that only benefits China.
edit on 17 10 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

As long as we have an Administration plugging the holes bit by bit, we can save our country.

Or at least go down swinging.

edit on 17-10-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

No, it's just the truth after do many years of building China up. That's my opinion. Hope I'm wrong.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I hope you are too.

Allow me to give you some optimism though. Trump has awarded the military the largest budget in (recorded...) history. Now he's aiming to starve China out. I know it was all rosy while China raped the world with their cheap crap but Trump will do at least seven years and with the momentum he has now, a lot of things are going to change for the West's benefit.
edit on 17-10-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: Auto correct bs

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Cue the outrage from the left: WTF I love cheap Chinese goods now!

link   

I have never seen that pic.

What the hell was Obama doing reading that book? Jesus H Christ.

link   

originally posted by: GrandePoobah
President Trump just scored another HUGE win for US businesses and trade. The NYT just announced that the President intends to withdraw the US from the Universal Postal Union, a UN subagency which has been dictating the US to subsidize package deliveries from foreign competitors (primarily China). See:

www.nytimes.com...

Here's a brief synopsis: NYT is reporting that President Trump will announce self-declared terminal dues rates to put an end to the absurd USPS postal subsidy on Chinese shipments to the US. In other words, say goodbye to tens of billions of dollars of Chinese crap and cheap knockoff goods flooding into the US with “free” (taxpayer funded) shipping. The new rates will be phased in 6-12 months from now.

Under Trump’s plan, the US shall withdraw from the Universal Postal Union (an unelected UN subagency that’s ultimately behind this insanity) within 1 year unless they modify their policies and regulations to facilitate fair international shipping rates. The State Dept. will immediately begin bilateral talks with other countries to ensure the mail keeps flowing as it should without the UPU mucking things up for us.

So what does this mean for the nation, and for Trump? We just scored another HUGE victory in our trade war against China, and one which will have a lasting effect on both US and Chinese businesses. We’ve been losing tens (if not hundreds) of billions of dollars every year to subsidized Chinese shipping, and those losses are about to come to a screeching halt. Expect to see more booming economic figures in the US, while China plunges further into financial turmoil.

Another huge win for the Koch brothers you mean.

Another huge gutting of US hegemony and influence through out the world, you mean.

Rah! Rah! Rah! Trump! Trump! Trump!

You are being sold out son.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join