It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Shall Not Grow Old , Incredible Armistice Centenary Documentary by Peter Jackson

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
To mark the centenary of the end of the Great War Peter Jackson was commissioned to create a film using British Imperial War Museums archive footage , the form of the film was left to Jackson.

Peter Jackson recognised the gravity of the task he faced and created what can only be described as a stunning homage to the men who fought and died in the war by bringing them and their stories into the 21st century by digitally remastering the War Museums footage , the image below shows a comparison of before and after the restoration.

The men featured in the film are themselves with their stories narrated by actors , no more do we have to see WW1 as a black and white war , or the men who fraught in it as removed from us because of the frailties of the medium they were captured on.

Currently sitting with a rating of 9.1 on IMDB this looks to be the movie that will break my decade long absence from my local cinema.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Currently sitting with a rating of 9.1 on IMDB this looks to be the movie that will break my decade long absence from my local cinema.

Woah. Me as well. This is the second "prompt" I've had this morning that has somewhat re-sparked my former intense love affair with the greater aspects of cinema. Tanx, Mighty Gortex!

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
doctor who explored this event last year, in the final appearance of capaldi as the doctor.

wait, this might not be the same event! lol
my bad!
edit on 17-10-2018 by dantanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Nice! Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

You shouldn't have edited that, dantanna. Or, maybe rather, do a thread and expand on those ideas.

edit on 17-10-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

edit on 17-10-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: Deleted in case that post was considered "hate speech"... Facts can just f#ck off right?

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Wow. The remastering really brings the reality home. The Great War, World War I, marked both a defining moment, and a changing point in world history.

Many nations fell, and others came into existence. Also was seen the rise of the United States, in collaboration with Great Britain, as the world power on the world stage.

Many Bible prophecies can be traced back to the time period during World War I, which includes the start of the time of the end of the system of things that now exist.

It's probably not coming to a cinema around where I live. But will love to see this when it becomes available. Thanks for bringing this to my knowledge. Peter Jackson is also a very great producer and director. (Thinking of the LOTR trilogy of course. The Return of the King probably is the best movie of all times).
edit on 17-10-2018 by aniceday because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
To mark the centenary of the end of the Great War Peter Jackson was commissioned to create a film using British Imperial War Museums archive footage , the form of the film was left to Jackson.

Peter Jackson recognised the gravity of the task he faced and created what can only be described as a stunning homage to the men who fought and died in the war by bringing them and their stories into the 21st century by digitally remastering the War Museums footage , the image below shows a comparison of before and after the restoration.

The men featured in the film are themselves with their stories narrated by actors , no more do we have to see WW1 as a black and white war , or the men who fraught in it as removed from us because of the frailties of the medium they were captured on.

Yea Ill have to watch this one..dont know enough about this war except it was brutal started with the assassination of Arch duke Franz Ferdinand , though as Ive read here on ATS and elsewhere that this was nothing but a royalty tiff, a battle of monarchs and majesties all of them essentially related, and I cant remember which king or queen it was, but it was said if they where alive they could have ended it without the monumental loss of life. Whole generations of men were lost in a few countries all over supposedly an extended family quarrel.

www.bbc.co.uk... html

the fact that the monarchs of Europe were all closely related. Queen Victoria was sometimes called the Grandmamma of Europe, and there was hardly a Continental court that did not boast at least one of her relations. During World War One there were no less than seven of the old Queen's direct descendants, and two more of her Coburg relations, on European thrones. Before it happened, can anyone blame this family of kings, or their subjects, for assuming that a war between these crowned cousins was all but impossible?
edit on 17-10-2018 by putnam6 because: additions

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I cant remember which king or queen it was, but it was said if they where alive they could have ended it without the monumental loss of life.

British Royals have no power to start or finish anything, and not have so since The English Civil War during the reign of Charles I

It is Prime Ministers and their governments, and Parliament that have the power, so start or stop a war.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Wish I could see it in the theater..

The trailer said "one night only"...

Peace

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

You can see it in a theater , it will be going on general release in the coming weeks.
Dates TBA at the end of the month.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Cool...I will certainly check it out.

Thank you for the heads-up.

Peace

top topics

join