It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live exorcism tonight 2/24/05 on channel 4

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stuey1221
Yes that was officially the biggest waste of time, ever! I was half expecting a sleepless night with images of the devil or some crazy s***... boring as f***

i was waiting to be scared to death, but oh no...it was pure crap.
when it first started up, i had doubts to some guests saying it was not going to be a true exorcism

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
The breathing unsettled me. However it was a complete wet blanket.

Still... they're not doing it for "educational" purpose. Its purely to wheel in the masses.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Nerdling! Your avatar picture is going to give me nightmares! Turn it off please, make it stop!!!

[edit on 25-2-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Nerdling! Your avatar picture is going to give me nightmares! Turn it off please, make it stop!!!

I thought the same thing when I just saw it!

cheers telling us about that show, i'm glad i was wimpy enough to not watch from what you lot have said

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
That program was utter rubbish!!! Channel 4 totally trivialised an very real paranormal phenomena!! People who have had experience with such things can testify that things like evil/malevolent spirits are totally real and are capable of "possessing" a persons body

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jah Warrior 108
People who have had experience with such things can testify that things like evil/malevolent spirits are totally real and are capable of "possessing" a persons body

People like...you? I'd be most interested in hearing if you're willing to share.

Also, noticed the pic, do you practice wushu?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
It would have been nice to have seen a real demonic possesion excorcised on Tv but the difficulty would be that all programs that try to prove the excistance of spirits/demons haunting etc etc etc tend not to have anything that proves there excistance happen when the cameras are around.Could you imagine the reaction of people if they had managed to film truelly unexplainable events as a lot of priests who carry out these tasks have claimed to witness people, would freak big time and would throw alot of skepticism in the bin.Sadly nothing in that programme proved he was under any evil possesion in the first place as he was willing to go ahead,surely if a demon was to take over your body it wouldn`t be to pleased to go on tv and be excocised.So to conclude yet again no evidance not truth therefore waste of time as are ufo`s.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I thought it was quite freaky about what the priest said about the holy water flying across the room. Thats some scary sh*t right thurr. He looked very trust-worthy to me. I beleived him.

The actual show was crep, I could have been playing CS or something instead

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   

People like...you? I'd be most interested in hearing if you're willing to share.

Hey saint! I have had quite a few experiences with evil and malevolent spirits. Someone very close to me was under the influence of a very powerful discarnate spirit for many years. Having been through such things, your perceptions on reality change and you realise that there may be much more to life that seen through the normal five senses.
I am willing to tell you more if you are interested...
Also I practice Wing-Chun and Jeet Kune Do.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by weirdo
It would have been nice to have seen a real demonic possesion excorcised on Tv but the difficulty would be that all programs that try to prove the excistance of spirits/demons haunting etc etc etc tend not to have anything that proves there excistance happen when the cameras are around.Could you imagine the reaction of people if they had managed to film truelly unexplainable events as a lot of priests who carry out these tasks have claimed to witness people, would freak big time and would throw alot of skepticism in the bin.Sadly nothing in that programme proved he was under any evil possesion in the first place as he was willing to go ahead,surely if a demon was to take over your body it wouldn`t be to pleased to go on tv and be excocised.So to conclude yet again no evidance not truth therefore waste of time as are ufo`s.

it would of been nice to see a real demonic possesion, but i dont think they would show it. There would end up being a shed load of complaints.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Hey saint! I have had quite a few experiences with evil and malevolent spirits. Someone very close to me was under the influence of a very powerful discarnate spirit for many years. Having been through such things, your perceptions on reality change and you realise that there may be much more to life that seen through the normal five senses.

I like a good paranormal mystery just as much as the next guy, but maybe that person close to you was bipolar, or had some other mental illness. What did your person do that you would classify as demonic posession. You should start a new thread and talk about it.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I thought the show before it "The real exorcist" was good. That i enjoyed. Creepy stuff. I didn’t think the kid was making it up, but then i wasn’t there so who knows? But saying that, it was well presented documentary.

Unlike

The exorcism show. Everyone in the studio seemed to be confirming it was deliverance, something the presenter just couldn’t get to grips with. Priestly expert says "its actually a deliverance" div of a presenter keeps saying "well in just a minute we'll be proceeding with the exorcism". Its a deliverance man what’s your problem. I saw the actual deliverance, i thought the guy doing the deliverance was kind of scratching around to make it seem more then it was.

I fell asleep after that, next thing i knew south park was on, but i was wondering, what did they say about the brain readout?

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Auto-suggestion. Samething as people in Haiti who think they've been cursed by voodoo witches, they believe it enough that they actually make themselves sick, and some even die. It's just a mind/body connection. It works in hypnotism too. They've done plenty of experiments, where they hypnotise people, and then tell them that they are about to put a burning cigarette into their hand, so they then put an UNLIT cigarette on skin of their hand, and they STILL welt up, even though it wasnt even lit. They've told a girl that she is wearing a crown of thrones, like Jesus, and minutes later she starts to bleed from her forehead. The mind/body connection is fascinating, but thats all it is. Knowing how complex the brain is, as well as the mind/body connection, I'd opt for a more natural explanation over demons. But thats just me.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   

I fell asleep after that, next thing i knew south park was on, but i was wondering, what did they say about the brain readout?

Nothing really as the guy studying needed more time to study the readouts,but basicly he didn`t see a relationship between the front and rear parts of the brain as in most cases of outer body experiances.The thing l found strange was the lack of comments when the graph readout was played in time with the image of the deliverance there were areas on the graph where the lines had gone wild.There where large increases and decreases similar to an earth quake seismograph yet there was no reference to or explianation for them.At the point when the spirit had left the graph was shown with only a small deveation.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I turned it off after the so called "exorcism" and i am glad i didnt miss anything that was interesting. I feel like writting a letter of complain to channel 4 stating that i was "misinformed" about the content of the show.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Cheers weirdo.

They should do a follow up to the brain readout and give it some in explanation. I don’t disbelieve the possession of humans by out worldly sources, but as with UFO's i expect there's a lot more they know that they’re not telling.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I am most certainly interested! Specifically, I'd like to compare/verify my experiences to make more sense out of them. If you don't mind the heat of a forum, here is good or if it's too impersonal, U2U is always welcomed.

Cool! I'm a bit fortunate to have an institute in my area that teaches contemporary Shaolin Wushu. This is my fav. quarter because we're working on snake-style and straight sword. I'll be sticking with these two I'm sure a primary styles. Also fortunate is my instructor being 3rd generation. His master was taught by a Shaolin monk back in the day and is still around for a road-trip seminar once or twice a year. Best wishes for your training! After trying two other martial arts in the past, seems the Chinese arts are where it's at! Just my biased opinion though

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Just on a side note i practise Wing Chun and JKD too! , but that exorcism program was very disappointing... but they did talk about the brain readings whilst meditating and OBE eperinces, which was quite intresting...

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedom_88
Just on a side note i practise Wing Chun and JKD too! , but that exorcism program was very disappointing... but they did talk about the brain readings whilst meditating and OBE eperinces, which was quite intresting...

Cool! I wonder how it differs from what I'm learning. Here's the link to my school:

www.shaolinwushu.net...

We'll have to discuss Tai Chi over some Chai Tea sometime...

Oh, exorcism, right. Did you hear about the demon that got arrested last week? He was charged with possession.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Oh cool i'll check out that link

......my gym's link is here if you want to see it:

www.roblocksacademy.com...

We'll have to discuss Tai Chi over some Chai Tea sometime...

Oh, exorcism, right. Did you hear about the demon that got arrested last week? He was charged with possession.

LOL suprisingly I have'nt heard that one... intresting....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join