It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live exorcism tonight 2/24/05 on channel 4

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Tonight on UK TV, a live exorcism is being performed to sciencists to prove that exorcism are real and people can be taken over by demons. I think, this might end up being a bad move and probably will get a lot of complaints.

Mod edit: to alter the thread title with the date of this post.

[edit on 2-3-2005 by kinglizard]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Years ago I saw one on 20/20. Did anyone else catch that? It was so scary and real that it left no doubt in my mind that people do indeed get possessed.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Complaints have already been made against channel 4, apparently that what was heard on UK radio. i really not sure if this sure is going to be fake, but i really hope its going to be worth it.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
No way for us United Stateians to pick it up here i suppose

I just saw Constatine so it'd be cool to see some real life stuff...anyone want to TiVO it and put it up on a site?

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Spanish\Latin television shows stuff like this all the time. My wife is from El Salvador and pretty much everyone she knows believes in possessions and exorcisms. I understand that the Vatican has accnowledged a handfull of exorcisms, but don't quote me on that

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Why are scientists so ready to dismiss things that they have no explaination to? Just because their "science" has not evolved enough to describe certain phenomena does not mean that it does not exist! Possesion is real! I wonder what stance this program on channel 4 tonight will take....?

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
do you think the US will ever show something like this???

i would want to see something like this because i am interested in it...

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Thought it was funny when I went to the main thread page, this thread showed 6: replies and 66: views. 666

Peace

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
do you think the US will ever show something like this???

i would want to see something like this because i am interested in it...

im not sure, it might be. I think i read that it was shown in the states, but i might of read something else.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Channel 4 has always sought to have on-edge television. I think I'll tune in so long as this isn't a derren brown mindfowk.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Thought it was funny when I went to the main thread page, this thread showed 6: replies and 66: views. 666

Peace

thats cause i am the Devil

according to Mackiller that is

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Channel 4 has always sought to have on-edge television. I think I'll tune in so long as this isn't a derren brown mindfowk.

I met Darren Brown in Canterbury when he was filming his new show in Canterbury (my home town). I got a picture with him on my phone
....(look for the dude with eyeliner and a truckers cap, im dressed in black too!! (ill be in the back, hitting someone with my phone)

anyways, watch it Nerdling, its meant to be really good

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
thats cause i am the Devil

That was your old avatar wasn't it?

Please let us know how the show was.

I'm going to dig around online and see if I can find some exorcism vids for those not in the UK.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

im not sure, it might be. I think i read that it was shown in the states, but i might of read something else.

thanks for the information...

i don't think it would be though...

it could be "too violent"

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
thanks for the information...

i don't think it would be though...

it could be "too violent"

yeah, thats what people are worrying about and the scenes are meant to be "disturbing"

JAK

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This is a serious show apparently.

In an interview I missed, but was told about it was stated that each parish is overseen by one who is qualified, as far as the church is concerned, to carry out such operations. It is just that this information is not broadcasted (no pun intended).

The head of this particular branch does, by all accounts, appear a very level headed man who himself readily and with some relief, admits that the vast majority of those who it is suggested may be suffering from possesion are experiencing metal problems.

He also made a few cracks about ghostbusters.

I don't know if this programme will be featuring him but it is supposed to be serious and genuine, and as such has been the subject of complaints for weeks already.

Jack

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
thanx for that JAK

due to it being real and not "fixed" its gaining hundreds of complaints. i think its going to scare a few people, i remember watching a program once about an Italian girl, it was very creepy watching her. It took about 5 guys to hold her down.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
so is derren brown doing it? if it is will it be like the sceance again where it was only in the peoples minds?

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSpallacus
so is derren brown doing it? if it is will it be like the sceance again where it was only in the peoples minds?

I doubt Darren Brown is going to perform an exorcism

its a trained priest who is doing it.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
well you know what i mean, like he's the presenter and then he lets ol' p-diddy do his stuff.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join