It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this Fake News?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

It's fake because they start by calling him a liar. I'm not reading past their first lie, which is the headline.

If they want me to read they should stop lying.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: WeowWix

Yes and it's been proven the op lied. Trump never said that.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Meanwhile you haven't demonstrated what relevance his previous financial interests have?

I have teeth. Am I a cannibal? Am I at risk of becoming a cannibal?

Again, what are you complaining about? That he has those interests at all? That those interests affected something he's already done? What is it?

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

He never said he liked red?

"I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down."

--nope. You didn't. You lied. Trump lied. One, easy, done.
edit on 17-10-2018 by WeowWix because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-10-2018 by WeowWix because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Meanwhile you haven't demonstrated what relevance his previous financial interests have?

I have teeth. Am I a cannibal? Am I at risk of becoming a cannibal?

Again, what are you complaining about? That he has those interests at all? That those interests affected something he's already done? What is it?

Have you eaten people in the past? Have you knowingly accepted millions of dollars from cannibals?

Those would be the relevant questions in your analogy.

The only thing I’m complaining about is the rush by yourself and others to bury the facts in the story by using the headlines (which it is common practice to take liberties with, in all media including your right wing news agencies) to call the entire thing fake. It’s a blatant method of trying to obscure what the actual articles are about. And it’s something people have started to not even think about, they just cry “Fake News!!!” and disregard the entire thing. That’s a horrible precedent to set for yourself if you’re concerned at all with truth in media. To just disregard an entire story because of how you’ve been told to view the headline.

Beyond that, if you can’t see what relevance a President being massively paid by a foreign government has on how he treats that government, I don’t know what to tell you. I’d think that would be a valid concern for everyone.

Evaluate the truth of an article by the validity of the information it contains, not an emotional response to the headline or the subject.
edit on 17-10-2018 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

What headlines? What story?

It's one guy's tweet in response to the President's tweet.

The former mischaracterizes the latter. Moreover, none of Trump's previous financial dealings with SA were illegal. He also hasn't done anything yet about the current Turkey/SA issue. So like I said, all of this is nothing more than hand-wringing over the POSSIBILITY of tainted action driven by a conflict of interest.

In other words....more complaining I have teeth. Better keep me away from public places. I *might* eat somebody.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: richapau
a reply to: JAGStorm

Its Don the Con. When his lips are moving he's lying.

Meghan Trainor, is that you?

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeowWix

He never said he liked red?

"I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down."

--nope. You didn't. You lied. Trump lied. One, easy, done.

NPC logic. Trump lied about having assets in SA because .. the color red.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

What headlines? What story?

It's one guy's tweet in response to the President's tweet.

He said the media is not misquoting Trump. So I linked a CNN story where the headline is them lying about what Trump said.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

a reply to: Fallingdown

They had no real ties I can see other than they bought apartments from Trump in America.

See that’s the problem, no one can really see because Trump refuses to release his taxes which would let you see if he had interests in Saudi Arabia. Without that no one can say for sure if he does or doesn’t.

However, on multiple occasions he has said he makes money from them and then on another he says he has never done business with them. Two contrary statements means one is a lie.

If I was a betting man I would put my money on the statement made the most often.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

If Britain had a leader like Trump, we would become the evil savages we used to be, when we were empire building. After the Nazi situation in Europe, the good and decent amongst the folk of this nation abandoned that sort of thinking, and swore that not only would they tread on the neck of anyone advocating it, but they would teach their children to do so as well.

That is why the consequences of anyone trying to return our nation to that state, are that the people attempting it WILL die screaming, and be displayed in public in order to send a message to anyone else who gets the notion to start that crap again, a message that says clearly and emphatically "Be better or be dead, these are the options".

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

However, on multiple occasions he has said he makes money from them and then on another he says he has never done business with them. Two contrary statements means one is a lie.

The only lie is yours. Please quote Trump saying he has never done business with anyone from Saudi Arabia.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Disgusting. Think like me or die.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You misspelled "Be fascist, racist, or Nazi, and we kill you".

Its not disgusting. Its called being British, and its been that way here amongst those of us who respect our grandfathers and ancestors, since the beginning of WWII.

I have no problem with people not thinking like I do. I cannot stand the Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber style of pop music, I would very much like it if rap and hip hop was only played in places where I am not standing, because frankly its an affront to culture as far as I am concerned. But I would never kill over those things. I dislike German sausage, because there is only really any need for a 50/50
pork and beef mix, with little no no seasoning at all, in a skin. Messing about with the smoke levels is frankly messing with perfection. But I am not going to kill over it. I believe in Jesus, and I know that were I to kill, I might go to hell. But I would not kill people of other faiths, or no faith over my faith. I would however risk my eternal soul to ensure that fascism never takes over this country.

My grandfathers are not here to once again take the Nazi horde to task, and slay them in their hundreds from the deck of a destroyer, or march up their beaches and savage them in their pillboxes. It falls to me to keep Britain from that fate, me and every grandson and granddaughter, every descendent of those who fought that war, to never stop fighting it, so that the human race is never degenerated by the effects of eugenics, so that this nation is never tarnished with the evils of fascism and Nazism.

A person can have many thoughts which I will disagree with, but be perfectly happy to ignore, or acknowledge but disagree with peaceably. There is only one thought a person might have, one way of life a person might adopt, that will render them nothing but a target to me, and in that way I differ from those I oppose. They want to kill everyone who isn't just like them. I want to see everyone who thinks like that dead. You should be able to see a difference there, and if you can't, you need to re-read history, before it starts repeating on you.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Thejoncrichton

It's really getting annoying whenever someone tries to discuss something about Trump one comes along and says "but Obama"... that's not the topic. Stop deflecting.

It's not deflecting, it's discrediting your position by pointing out your previous position.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join