It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this Fake News?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
twitter.com...

Someone please explain this to me.

President Trump says he has no business with Saudi Arabia, yet there are tons of examples of him
talking about business with Saudi Arabia.

Sure sometimes you can claim Fake News and we'll never know, but sometimes facts, you know like words coming out of your
own mouth say otherwise.

I'm not talking about anything else right now, just this. If I say I hate the color red, yet you find ten videos of me saying I love the color red,
and then I claim it's fake news and I have never said I love the color red, What am I?????

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

A liar.
If I say it first will I win something?

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Its Don the Con. When his lips are moving he's lying.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

One of these contradicting statements must be false.

But today we witnessed prominent (at least seen by their amount of threads) members of ATS justifying having commercial contacts with the Saudi-Arabian government disregarding any torture killings, because $$$MONEY, so we should pop up some corn and watch the show of gaslighting, rewriting of history, rewording of speeches and overall cringe-worthy devote bootlicking.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Trump gave up all his business engagements after elections 2016 and prior to taking office. If there were deals in KS then those were abdicated as well.

That said, as POTUS he is very very deeply involved with business with KS. And for sure a chopped Saudi reporter weighs nothing in that scale.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

For the record, it is fundamentally impossible for two contrary things to be the truth. Only one of these things can be accurate. Reality does not change, only perceptions
of it do.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

One of these contradicting statements must be false.

But today we witnessed prominent (at least seen by their amount of threads) members of ATS justifying having commercial contacts with the Saudi-Arabian government disregarding any torture killings, because $$$MONEY, so we should pop up some corn and watch the show of gaslighting, rewriting of history, rewording of speeches and overall cringe-worthy devote bootlicking.

Meanwhile Obama's non-deal with the Iranians was A-OK!

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

He says they buy his apartments. That suggests his interests are in the US not in Saudi Arabia.

Can you source what apartments he owns in SA?

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Thejoncrichton

It's really getting annoying whenever someone tries to discuss something about Trump one comes along and says "but Obama"... that's not the topic. Stop deflecting.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

Trump gave up all his business engagements after elections 2016 and prior to taking office.

Wrong. He did not divest.

link   
Everyone in western civilization has business dealings with Saudi Arabia, to one extent or another. If you drive a vehicle which runs on gas, diesel, has grease or plastic derived from oil, you are doing business with Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia is one of a few Islamic States which recognizes Israel as a nation. This is why Saudi Arabia gets U.S. support. We sell them weapons because we have common enemies. If we didn't sell them weapons, they'd buy them from somewhere else and probably would not be our allies against countries which don't recognize Israel as a nation state. You don't have to believe everything Trump says. If he said water isn't wet, why would you believe him? These types of common sense lies are meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Trump's policies are more important than his ridiculous rhetoric. Actions speak louder than words. People need to stop paying attention to what Trump says & focus on what he's accomplished instead.

Also, its important if one is lying in order to deceive, like with Democrats and Obama: "If you like your insurance plan, you can keep your insurance plan"; "With Obamacare we will reduce your insurance premiums by $2,500, per family per year"; "I cannot pass amnesty through executive action… I am not a dictator"; "Not one dime of Obamacare will go for abortions"; "It was not my decision to pull all the troops from Iraq" Obama accused the Pentagon of not providing him with a strategy to defeat ISIS. Another lie. Obama also claimed in the same press conference that he brought the deficit down by two-thirds since he came into office. Another lie. That was just one speech. Obama Also said that 2% GDP growth was the new normal. These are several of the deceitful lies from Obama & Democrats, there are thousands more.
edit on 17-10-2018 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Peeple

Well hypocrisy is annoying. But having read the op I see no contradictory statements.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Thejoncrichton

No, of course it wasn't.

But guess what? He is not the President now. Its all on Trump. Everything is his fault now, just like the financial crisis was Obama's fault, even though he inherited it, just like the war was Obama's fault, even though he inherited that.

Obama was in no way perfect, and limited in his power because of Republican obstructionist methodologies, only having about a month with a clear shot to get anything through congress in his entire eight year Presidency. He did many things that bare no resemblance to right or proper. But again, he is not the President now, and who is sitting in that office NOW, is all that matters. As I only had to explain to another rampant whataboutist earlier, your argument means nothing, if all you can do is wave the whatabout flag, because in reasoned argument, you might as well be waving a white flag.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

If you didn't care when your side did it then I don't care what you say about the other side doing it.

With that said the op is based on fake news, Trump didn't contradict himself as far as I can tell.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
And? Why exactly do I care? Is Trump killing babies now or what? Who cares if the guy lied. He's a politician now....they all lie.

A2D

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

Trump actually appears to have told the truth.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I didnt say he didnt or did...I'm just saying I dont give a bleep either way.

The dems act like it's crazy to lie...yet NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THEM was willing to say Bill Clinton was guilty of perjury.....

The hypocrisy runs on both sides of this river and frankly I'm tired of hearing about it. Both sides are bleeping mental.

A2D

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

Lying in and of itself I don't care about. Depends on the context. This is a ridiculous thing to fixate on .. more so when you realize he didn't contradict himself.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Has anyone considered that Trump corporation may have cut ties with Saudi Arabia since 2015 ?

edit on 17-10-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

What hypocrisy?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join