It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melania Trump's plane fills with smoke, forced to turn back

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I tried posting this in the breaking news forum but there was no post button...

Just breaking now, Melania Trump's plane was forced to turn around after filling with smoke. I'd imagine any plane she's on would have the means of ensuring her safety during an incident like this, but a plane filling with smoke is never good. Hopefully she remains safe.
Source

Looks like the plane has landed safely.

According to preliminary reports, the plane had just taken off from the air base when Secret Service agents leaped up and ran to the front of the cabin. Smoke began to fill the plane, and journalists on board reported a burning smell growing stronger. The entourage held wet towels over their faces until the plane touched down safely.

edit on 10/17/2018 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Man, my nitemare........Holy crap Jack that's friggin the worst......I ain't L yin

Declared an emergency and were asked how many souls onboard ......serious crap
edit on 17-10-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

JOINT Andrews a/f base obviouslu earns its name from ...

Just a theory, just a theory...
edit on 17-10-2018 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Quick , alter the news pattern : time for a falseflag

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I wonder how much smoke there really was. We know how "news" organizations can exaggerate. Was it like they make it sound? The plane filled with smoke? Or did they see a few wisps, or even just smelled something burning and did the wet towel thing out of an abundance of caution? We will probably never know.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Nope, my lady....you're spot on.....a good detective, a natural

Smelled a charger on a lithium battery a little one surely. Shirley not a real circuit problem.....wait, your name isn't Shirley

Tango underwear Romeo out......give me a vector Victor.....Rollin on the floor my lady!! Hugs

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

On an aircraft, any amount of smoke is bad.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Exactly. If there's smoke it's time to land pronto.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

no mater how much smoke there was in a plane a smoke is something very dangerous and needs an emergency landing and given first priority

(post by Fallingdown removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Any chance that she had stopped by Canada??

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

a thin haze of smoke and the smell of something burning

www.msn.com...

Seems pretty minor. Nonetheless any smoke is not good and rest assured I would have been FREAKING out if I was on that plane.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
They updated the article it was left blank before -

Reporters were told the plane suffered a "minor mechanical issue," that one crew member sid stemmed from a "malfunctioning comms unit," although the White House has yet to confirm the source of the issue.

A minor mechanical issue from a malfunctioning comms unit ... creating smoke , what could that be ?

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

A simple short circuit in the unit. It happens. I've seen them changed out many times for issues like this.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

It's a bigger issue because she was on the plane than it really was. Pull the circuit breaker to isolate power to where the smoke is coming from, dump fuel, and return. You still need to get on the ground, but it's not a huge thing as long as the smoke stops when you pull the breaker.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Fires on ships and airplanes are considered very undesirable. They are quite unhealthy and can drastically shorten a person's life.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Which is why you land again, but 9.9999 times out of 10 if you isolate power from whatever it is that is smoking, the smoke stops, indicating it's not actually fire. I watched a couple dozen aircraft come back with engine fire warning lights causing their return. Of those, one had an actual engine fire. That was caused by a failed hydraulic pump that leaked onto a hot engine component.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
If I was a younger guy, I could get away with saying she is soo hot, the plane caught fire. Nope, I see her as most elegant and classy lady.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

My first reaction as well VXN

I know with helis, even touching the rotor/blades will ground the aircraft until it can be inspected and balanced. I only know this because I had a pilot of a medevac chew me out for nearly touching his blades, just with my hands out of curiosity, while we were securing their landing zone. This was years ago, so I suppose the tech could've improved but that always stuck with me
edit on 10/17/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

AS you noted, the good part is a good crew almost always can control the situation. The level of danger says it gets checked out. Losing that battle in the air is fatal.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join