It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crimea College Terror Bombing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
At least ten dead and dozens more injured. There were multiple attackers which went from classroom to classroom shooting. The rescue seems to have been chaotic, they ran out of stretchers and the local hospital was overwhelmed too.
It's treated as terror and the blame gets pointed towards Ukraine, but nobody knows.
www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
No good will be keeping a close eye on this one, hopefully it won’t serve as the catalyst for renewed violence in the Ukraine.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR
No good will be keeping a close eye on this one, hopefully it won’t serve as the catalyst for renewed violence in the Ukraine.

Unfortunately it probably will.

Question is, did they do it.... That question in this case likely doesn't matter.

I'd put my money on Russia before Ukraine on this. Aside from some rogue Ukrainians, what would Ukraine as a whole have to gain from poking the bear right when it starts to lay down?

Chechnya showed the lengths Russia will go to for justification on internationally unpopular endevors.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

From what I heard the violence never stopped just the reporting. It's probably some ultra nationalist group. There was Al-Qaeda terror in Russia before but in Crimea would be stupid...

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

Unfortunately it probably will.

Question is, did they do it.... That question in this case likely doesn't matter.

I'd put my money on Russia before Ukraine on this. Aside from some rogue Ukrainians, what would Ukraine as a whole have to gain from poking the bear right when it starts to lay down?

Chechnya showed the lengths Russia will go to for justification on internationally unpopular endevors.

I tend to agree the Moscow Apartment Bombings were and utter farce perpetrated by Putin and the FSB to allow him to take actions with the approval of the people of Russia.

Peep- I mean in a big way back up to the intensity that it was at several years ago and not the “slow simmer” low intensity conflict.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

My thoughts exactly. Russia has way more to gain from such an event. And like you said they've shown they have no problem killing their own citizens to further their agenda. Something the Crimean peninsula is all too familiar with.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

That could be definitely the intention behind it too make a big conflict break out. No matter who did it somebody wants escalation.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

The only issue I see with that is that we're hearing in to the colder months. If Russia wants to reignite the conflict in a big way they would probably wait until spring.

I'm wondering if it's just something as simple as Putin's numbers started to drop on the peninsula and he needed something to bump them back up.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
18 killed as reported so far it was first thought to be a gas explosion then a shooter allegedly ( Student ) started finishing off before finishing his own existance, will we ever get the true story ? I hope so poor kids.

8 people have been killed after an explosive device went off in a college in Crimea. Russia is investigating a possible terrorist attack following the bombing, which witness accounts suggest was followed by a shooting attack. According to Russia's investigative committee some 50 people, the majority of them teenagers, were injured after the blast went off in the school's canteen. Sergei Akysonov, the top Russian official for Crimea, said the attacker was a fourth-year student at the vocational college who killed himself after the attack. Initial reports had said the blast, in the Black Sea city of Kerch, had been caused by a gas explosion.

news.sky.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a bomb, going room to room, multiple attackers.. its up to 18 now.. but i imagine its actually higher.

someones identified a student of the college as being an attacker.. considering Crimea was Ukranian, i guess it is a ukranian!

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

"It's probably some ultra nationalist group."

My very first thought, we are talking about the Ukraine here.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
a bomb, going room to room, multiple attackers.. its up to 18 now.. but i imagine its actually higher.

someones identified a student of the college as being an attacker.. considering Crimea was Ukranian, i guess it is a ukranian!

It Could just as easily have been a Russian student copycatting from some American examples. Not multiple attackers one student.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: skywatcher44

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

It Could just as easily have been a Russian student copycatting from some American examples. Not multiple attackers one student.
Reports are sounding like two attackers one that killed himself and one that fled the campus.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

And one who set off the explosion. Or do you think it was coincidence and a gas leak? Or the two... It's all very confusing.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I heard 15. But many injured and the rescue is a mess.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

And one who set off the explosion. Or do you think it was coincidence and a gas leak? Or the two... It's all very confusing.

Up to 18 last count I’ve seen not sure if that includes the one (or 2?) dead suspects so possibly 19 or 20 dead total. I hadn’t seen anything about the bomb being a suicide vest or the likes, it could have just been an improvised device triggered by a simple mechanical timer, but things are still fluid.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

www.bbc.com...
BBC says 17 dead, it's mass murder now and one identified student.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

www.bbc.com...
BBC says 17 dead, it's mass murder now and one identified student.

I’m trying to get a hold of one of my friends who’s a Russian speaker to watch the live news broadcasts out of the region to try to get a former hold on what happened.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

"It's probably some ultra nationalist group."

My very first thought, we are talking about the Ukraine here.

Could be that and at the same time an Islamic attack too. Crimea is considered part of the Islamic world going back before Russian colonisation? Crimea was muslim Tartar before they came? Maybe a Islamic terror attack like Chechens helping out displaced Crimea tartars?

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Shocking really.

R.I.P to the poor victims, speedy recovery to the survivors.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join