It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohhhh Canada...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Our home and native land...

Did we just become the best place to live on earth?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I mean we were already top of the list (minus the slavery tax rate)... im sorry but... this is a monumental day!

Our first real new freedom in... I don't know how long!!

No memes needed

We did it.... and Everyone should follow suit!

Colorado started a land slide in the west and theres only one direction...

Funny thing is that colmbus guy should have taken it with him

And as i type this... the reports are rolling in... pot will affect the real estate projections...

Resale values will be realing!!

Think of the F**** children!!

Sigh

I hate the news... and someone ate my twinky...

Happy Birthday?

edit on 17-10-2018 by Akragon because: Sorry...

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Canada's first legal marijuana purchase happened in Labrador....

Well duh...

Ever been down that way? Theres nothing else to do... LOL

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Oh, i wish i could live there...

Some day..

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   

That's amazing.

There was always something to do in Labrador. Like, um, sit in front of the TV, or, or, get up from the lounge and go to the toilet, or, perhaps look in the fridge a couple of times (good exercise).

Maybe, just maybe, roll the worlds biggest doobie! Oh man, need a newspaper to do that!

Hang on, I have to walk to the store to get a newspaper. May have to pay for delivery. But, then I have to go outside to collect the newspaper if it's delivered and have to raise my arm to wave to the neighbors.

I can't get up to do that.

Need a w
life, err, I mean wife.

Kind regards,

Bally

edit on 17-10-2018 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   
# it I'm moving to Canada, gonna need a thermal g-string to keep warm though.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   
South Africa beat you to it

Congrats on catching up

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Considering that this is a conspiracy forum....is no one worried about the purity of the cannabis that is now legal to buy?

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Yay, you can get high!

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Here is to hoping Michigan follows you and all the others Nov. 4th.
It's looking pretty good!

Way to go Canada!

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Smoke up brothers and sit back while you join your motherland as the latest 3rd world addition.

Priorities I guess.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Legal to buy doesn't equal legal to use.
Has anyone read the laws that now exist in their province regarding their residence and growing, or their vehicle and transporting, or their vehicle and being pulled over and suspected of use in the last 24 hours?
Lucky me I live in the province labeled with the most users, ( not me ) but even most that I know who do, know full well that many more people will be charged with cannabis related offenses than ever were before.
Many landlords and employers have now adopted zero tolerance policies.
People are going to lose licences, jobs, homes.
I don't see the good in this.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

On the plus side, doritos stock is up.....

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: AccessDenied

On the plus side, doritos stock is up.....

Oh, that was me.
The new Late Night Nacho flavour has taken over my snack shelf....
edit on 17-10-2018 by AccessDenied because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Don't forget that all minor possession offenses will be pardoned, now that's what I call sane reasoning within government.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
Legal to buy doesn't equal legal to use.
Has anyone read the laws that now exist in their province regarding their residence and growing, or their vehicle and transporting, or their vehicle and being pulled over and suspected of use in the last 24 hours?
Lucky me I live in the province labeled with the most users, ( not me ) but even most that I know who do, know full well that many more people will be charged with cannabis related offenses than ever were before.
Many landlords and employers have now adopted zero tolerance policies.
People are going to lose licences, jobs, homes.
I don't see the good in this.

The driving rules in bc are goi.g to be interesting. Our graduated licensing system already sucks...they've decided that the zero tolerance rules for alcohol with learners and novice drivers will apply to marijuana. Which means zero amounts of THC in your system driving period or you lose your license. It will stay in your system far longer than it will actually cause any effects. Alcohol will be gone the next day. This means as a learner driver you can sit and get completely and totally #ed up on a Friday night drive the next day no problem...you smoke a joint on a Friday and get pulled over driving to work on money. Goodbye license.
edit on 17/10/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Meh, not such a big deal. I'm in Colorado and the only thing I see is a lot of stoners everywhere. More high school kids getting high all the time, more so than before it was legal I mean. OH and the downsides is that everyone and their damn dog decide to move to where ever it is legal, bringing all their bs with them. So many people moving to Colorado, so many bad drivers, so many idiots that I wish would go back home to their own states. Of course now California passed recreational usage as well, so maybe more Californians will stay in California instead of moving to Colorado.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

It will stay in your system far longer than it will actually cause any effects. Alcohol will be gone the next day. This means as a learner driver you can sit and get completely and totally #ed up on a Friday night drive the next day no problem...you smoke a joint on a Friday and get pulled over driving to work on money. Goodbye license.

That’s the problem... it stays in your system long after the effects are gone. How will people on medical mj still be able to have their medicine, and drive the next day , not under the influence ?

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

My guess would be, the same way they did it before...

people who regularly use always have it in their system... and they won't be taking blood tests at RIDE programs

They will be looking for people who smoke and drive, not people who have smoked and drive

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Congrats !

On a completely unrelated note I am suddenly considering starting a home delivery cheesecake and cookies business

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: UncleSoze

Congrats !

On a completely unrelated note I am suddenly considering starting a home delivery cheesecake and cookies business

Actually, that’s a great idea ! But.. but.. if you can’t deliver alcohol to a customer, they won’t let you legally deliver edibles , or any product. Right ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join