It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BARTENDER Pour Me Another One for the Fine Texas Tradition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Join me, won't you as we raise a toast

I feel led to propose a toast to forefathers Wild Wild West.

wait even though we have to include the Native Americans they were here before us. I guess they got the camp out all the time sounds like fun to me.

Do ya suppose it was true that some of those guys were the famous guys like Bowie and Travis ....at the Alamo, man I went to school at San Marcos right there north of the Alamo. Those guys were out in the middle of nowhere. Good gravy. I read Bowie rode one horse all the way from Missouri accross the Red River....all the way to ....idk at least 400 miles betcha down through the bridle high grass all the way...

I grew up visiting the Brazos area, they had 30,000 acres......those people.....Thelma had famous registered longhorns, and was rough. But her 3 story home was full of her young world visits.....matching Mississippi River boat guitars.......but her mom had shot her in the tummy when she was young, story goes, I got to see some pioneer settlers ( they have meetings in Mineral Wellss ), she gave all the land and cattle to an artist they told me....

Cattle ran wild in the brush like rabbitts and no one wanted them......till the branding iron came in

And Quanah Parker, son of God love em all.....Cynthia Parker little girl took by commanch, makes me cry, they finally found her and forced off into a city and her son was out there.....and her husband that did Cynthia said evidently, she wouldn't let him have more wives, just her!

Her son friggin went to college and did business can you imagine.....he was 30 years in the plains before....

Hail to you Ladies and Gentlemen.......who have gone before us ....good job.....glass clink sound
edit on 16-10-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Thanks for that flag, that's the spirit!!

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I liked the John waynre version of Alamo. Great movie to drink to because you know they were boozing allot in that movie.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

All their movies.....huh....Dean Martin and John....Rollin drunk

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

And buy a round of the finest Whiskey or Bourbon for the men who invented barbed wire and machined the revolver and repeating rifle.

Err, um, sorry I should say the persons?

Yeah Nah, hang on, cheers to the women behind the men. Um that doesn't work either nowadays I guess.

Look GBP person. Whatever I write or say I guess I won't get it right. But I support your thread.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

If you spent as much time seeking help as you did posting incoherent ramblings... Well I might not have to read this drivel.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
That was hard to read word salad.

top topics

join