It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insane rape statistics in Sweden - almost as bad as South Africa!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Canadian reporter Doug Saunders rigorously investigated the narrative, and concluded that it “falls apart as soon as you speak to anyone knowledgeable in Sweden.” Official Swedish statistics do indeed show a high rate of rape, but that’s because Swedish law has an extremely expansive definition of what qualifies as rape under the law.

source

This article will show that according to crime victim surveys, the actual rate of sex crimes has been more or less unchanged in Sweden between 2005 and 2014, despite the fact that immigration has increased during the same time period. Instead, the increasing rates of reported rapes are influenced by expansion of the legal rape definition, an increase in the tendency to report rapes, police efforts to classify each individual rape as a separate crime and their tendency to classify any sex crime that could potentially be rape as rape. It will also demonstrate that reported rates between countries such as Sweden and Denmark cannot be naively compared to do the large difference in legal rape definition and police registration methods.

source

She also sent a graph from Sweden’s annual crime survey to prove that “sexual assault” is skyrocketing in Sweden. However, a closer examination reveals that, like Farage’s comments, the claim is misleading for a number of reasons.

source

"What we're hearing is a very, very extreme exaggeration based on a few isolated events, and the claim that it's related to immigration is more or less not true at all," says Jerzy Sarnecki, a criminologist at Stockholm University who has devoted his career to the study of criminality, ethnicity and age.

source

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Claim: "There has been a major increase in the number of rapes in Sweden."

Facts: The number of reported rapes in Sweden has risen. But the definition of rape has broadened over time, which makes it difficult to compare the figures. It is also misleading to compare the figures with other countries, as many acts that are considered rape under Swedish law are not considered rape in many other countries.

For example: If a woman in Sweden reports that she has been raped by her husband every night for a year, that is counted as 365 separate offences; in most other countries this would be registered as a single offence, or would not be registered as an offence at all.

source

Trump’s comments led us to wonder, what is Sweden’s immigration policy? How large scale is it, and has it lead to crime increases? There are more asylum seekers in Sweden, but crime statistics seem to have been going down, not up.

source

This is the exception, though, not the rule. A cursory look at the data shows there is no immigrant-driven crime or terrorism wave in Sweden. There has been no “absolute surge” in rape. And Horowitz, the ultimate source of all this, is facing serious allegations of selectively editing footage of Swedish police officers to make it seem like they’re blaming crime on immigrants when they actually aren’t.

The American president is using the world’s largest megaphone to amplify a false panic about brown-skinned immigrants raping white women.

source

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Wow, you are quoting opinion pieces from Mother Jones, 1 link that doesn't work, Snopes (opinion as well) and another opinion piece from a Canadian Newspaper. All sources are extremely liberally biased sources (IDK about the non-working link). Good job..?

But I think I'll take the nationally reported crime stats over some linguistic gymnastics trying to say the stats mean nothing.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I just did the diggingforproof for you, I also linked to government sites .

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Are you able to find some information on what actually qualifies for rape in Sweden, I ask because this has been debunked several times here. What is considered assault in say the U. S is considered rape in Sweden, the story you are spreading is not accurate.

Wait a second, I thought you guys thought just grabbing a girl at a high school party was rape.

Now you want to define it by its true definition hmmm I wonder why?

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Whos you guys ? Show me where I attempted to do that , we both know you cannot so stop with hyperbole and lies.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Which link doesn't work for you ?

But do read this bit again then apply some logic to it.

For example: If a woman in Sweden reports that she has been raped by her husband every night for a year, that is counted as 365 separate offences; in most other countries this would be registered as a single offence, or would not be registered as an offence at all.

edit on 17-10-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Leftists defending an anti-leftist rape culture.

‘Intellectuals’

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Something that is misunderstood here is swedish sexual assault statistics count each individual assault, separately. Say a child is sexually abused over years by her or his father, an arrest is made, in Sweden each isolated incident is counted. In the U.S it would be one count. 100s of counts vs. one count.

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
I am confused by your statistics. From other statistics I have seen, rape is most often committed by individuals known by the victims.

www.rainn.org...

Why is this?

It also seems to have to do with their immigrant population.

And here lies the rub of why most here on ATS would pretend to give a # about rape statistics. If you want an insightful look into why more rapes and assaults aren't reported in the good ol' USA take a look back at any Dr. Ford threads here and be ashamed.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Ok so it's not so much the definition that is skewing the statistics but is the accounting of the incidents. Either way it makes no difference when looking at the number of people convicted, if they are 93% immigrants they aren't counting the immigrant more than once in the body count of convictions. This statistic alone shows that there is a severe problem and it is the one related to gang rape at the bottom of the first link in the OP.

It's all well and good to say that "you can count a man raping his wife once a day for a year as 365 incidents" but it doesn't mean that they actually do, or that there are a high number or repeat rapes, especially in such a socially aware, progressive country where women are protected by the courts and treated well in the reporting process - I would guess the incidents are reported fairly soon limiting the number of multiple accounts.

It's easy to point out this issue and then dismiss all the stats as being related to that, when the gang rape stats alone prove something very different and they can't be discounted so easily. How can you account for 93% coming from immigrants or children of immigrants? Is it because they have all been counted multiple times as well?

I'll review the links/source more closely as well, it was a lot to look at and am busy. The link that wasn't working was the second link on your first response with sources.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   

No worries I will post up another link for that second article and hopefully it will work for you, as I'm sure you are aware the media is somewhat full of it, especially these sites that are anti immigration they really embellish the stories.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
It really surprises me that Sweden hasn't had armed vigilante groups sneaking around and taking care of these raping scum.

Would it also surprise you the op is not accurate.

IT would surprise me because Sweden has been in the news far too often about those violent immigrant gang banger (rapists) and also in Germany and other places.

It is happening a lot so the OP is valid enough.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Are you able to find some information on what actually qualifies for rape in Sweden, I ask because this has been debunked several times here. What is considered assault in say the U. S is considered rape in Sweden, the story you are spreading is not accurate.

Wait a second, I thought you guys thought just grabbing a girl at a high school party was rape.

Now you want to define it by its true definition hmmm I wonder why?

Ooooh, if he only GRABBED her! Are you rewriting history here?

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   

It really surprises me that Sweden hasn't had armed vigilante groups sneaking around and taking care of these raping scum.

IT would surprise me because Sweden has been in the news far too often about those violent immigrant gang banger (rapists) and also in Germany and other places.

(quotation needed)
Gang rapes in Germany? Yes, they are happening, but in my memory in the last years there was only this one in Hamburg where some especially stupid and a$$holey (born in Germany, but that does not matter) kids left a girl halfnaked in the snow, they were sentenced. Were there really that much more like you imply? I would need reliable sources for that.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   

I hear police forces in the EU are implementing chainmail to combat against the huge spike in knife attacks. They are literally going backwards in time. Now that's what I call Progressive!

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   
In SA it's due to culture and poverty.

It's a common belief here that raping a virgin cures aids...

TIA.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
Leftists defending an anti-leftist rape culture.

‘Intellectuals’

Can you show a single example on this thread of a 'leftist' defending rape culture?

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   

The accuracy of a story isn't determined by how often you have read about it.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   

You had a good OP going there until you started rambling on about shoes, as if that was relevant at all to rape.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   

This has been happening ever since they opened their borders to these people. Culture clashes constantly. It’s just now it seems they have the time and statistics to prove how bad it is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join