It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DJ Deth - PH2018

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The rumors had been running around for a while. No one knew what to believe, but it was obvious that something was happening. Every neighborhood had its own version of the story to tell and the Police were no help when it came to getting down to the facts. They were being very tight-lipped about the whole thing which just made the aura of mystery even thicker.

It had only been a couple of weeks since the first body was discovered. Normally it would take years, or even generations, to create an urban legend with this much of a following. The nature of the assaults was to blame. Savage barely began to describe it. Sickening also came to mind. The idea that the victims were alive when it happened was just too much to think about. There was no way to even begin to imagine the extent of the suffering they must have endured. And with no discernible rhyme or reason.

“Hey Jason, any new leads?” The detectives both knew what the answer was going to be. Sure, they get their share of crackpots calling in with tips about Bugs Bunny or whatever, but every station that asks for tips to help solve a crime gets a little of that. This time it was a bit different though. Even the crackpots didn't want any part of it. Most of the tips were from people who really had nothing of value to add but felt compelled to try anyway.

“Not really.” Jason replied. “I am getting tired of chasing down calls about 'a bad feeling I had' and all the other nearly psychic tips. Although, there were two calls from the same number but they hung up without leaving a message both times.”

“Thats not your typical nut job.” Detective Wilson said.

“I know.” Jason replied. “I was going to look in to those calls. Maybe our quiet caller actually has something to say.”

“Are you Becca Anders?” Jason asked when the young woman answered the door. “My name is Jason Collins. I'm a detective.

“Yes I am. May I ask what this is regarding?”

'You placed two calls to our tip line but didn't leave a message. I was wondering if you wanted to tell me the reason you called.” Jason hoped his presence would encourage her to provide some details.

“I didn't call your tip line. I'm sorry, I don't know what you are talking about.”

“We traced the calls to your phone Ms. Anders. Is there anyone else here who could have made the calls at 3 AM?”

“No, I live alone.” Ms. Anders replied.

“Trouble sleeping?” Jason inquired. “Something troubling you?” Jason noticed her discomfort with his questions. “Not a lot of people get on the phone at 3 AM unless its pretty important. Would you like to talk about it?”

Becca Anders started to cry. She didn't know why, she knew nothing about the murders, only that something very wrong was going on.

“I was sitting at the bar in Brody's waiting for my friend Mallory to get off work. There was a couple near me talking about a rave they were going to. They said it was the third time they were going to see this particular DJ. DJ Deth.

“DJ Deth? Are you sure you heard them correctly?”

“Positive. The whole story they told was frightening. Not the kind of thing you dismiss lightly.” Becca wiped tears away from her eyes and continued.

'They said the show he puts on is unbelievable, with the most realistic special effects they have ever seen. Bodies getting ripped apart... It sounded so disgusting to me. How could anyone enjoy such a gory display?”

“Did they say when and where the next rave was going to be?” The detective inquired.

“Yes, its tonight at the old warehouse on Mill Road. You need the password to get in. Its “DJD ME”.

“Thank you Ms. Anders. Another detective will contact you to make a full report. You can do so anonymously if you like. I know this case is pretty frightening. Its OK if you don't want your name associated with it.”

“Thank you. I appreciate that.” Becca said. “This is all just special effects, right?” Becca asked hopefully.

“We are looking in to it Ms. Anders,” was all the detective would say before leaving.

Jason called his partner and told him he was heading to the rave as soon as he got changed into more appropriate clothes and asked him to meet him there as soon as possible. The rave started at eleven and it was half past ten already. Jason made it to the rave door at a couple of minutes before eleven. His partner was nowhere in sight. The bouncer eyed Jason patiently waiting for the password.

“DJD Me.” Jason said.

The door opened and Jason was ushered through. As soon as he entered the rave the door closed and was bolted from the inside. He would be the last person entering this rave. The man to his left grabbed his shoulder and said, “DJD Me is a binding contract. Have a good time.” With that he smiled a wicked smile and opened the velvet ropes allowing Jason to pass.

The room was thumping with a driving beat and the bass was shaking the floor. Dancing was necessary as standing still was almost impossible. Jason navigated the room looking for anything unusual, or more unusual than everything else he was seeing. People were dressed in all sorts of macabre outfits like it was Halloween in Hell town. Jason glanced at his watch. It was just a few seconds before midnight. Suddenly, the lights went out and the music stopped. People were screaming and cheering. Half a dozen spotlights lit up and focused on six different people in the audience. The crowd began circling the people in the spotlights as if being close to them was some kind of privilege. Jason hadn't noticed the six metallic chairs that looked like evil dentist chairs lined up across the dance floor. The crowd herded the six people toward the chairs. DJ Deth was pacing back and forth behind the chairs in an excited frenzy driving the crowd wild. All six people were seated when clamps swung up from beneath he chairs locking their arms and legs in place. The music started thumping and banging as DJ Deth's pace quickened. He shouted, “Musical chairs,” into his mic as he paced back and forth behind the six chairs. Spotlights from above lit each chair one at a time in time with the beat of the music. Jason was overwhelmed and fascinated by what he was seeing. The music stopped suddenly with DJ Deth standing behind an attractive woman in her twenties. Before Jason could even move DJ Deth swung his arm up over his head and down onto the woman's chest. In his hand was a knife that looked like something a Klingon would clean his toenails with. The blade was shaped like a box. It was clearly meant to remove a chunk of whatever it hit. In this case it landed on the woman's heart. DJ Deth withdrew the blade as quickly as he had lowered it. Blood gushed from the wounded heart. DJ Deth threw a powder of some kind in to the flume of blood which burst into flames and sparks upon contact with the strange powder. The crowd was going wild at the bizarre spectacle. The flames died out at the same moment the woman's trembling ended. DJ Deth was back behind his mixing board smiling broadly at his loyal followers.

Jason ran toward the mixer, slammed through the people nearby and reached the place where DJ Deth was standing just moments earlier. It was a mirror. DJ Deth was nowhere to be found.

The coroners report showed that a mixture of magnesium and solid silver nitrate was used to create the flaming spectacle. The strangers around town had vanished. And so ended this years Dance of the Dead. Next years schedule will be released soon for those brave enough to DJD Me.

The End.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I thought Anders was going to be DJ Deth!

Nice read.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

You know I had toyed with the idea of having her be the Hostess at the event but that made the story quite a bit longer the way I envisioned it. Neat thought though. And thank you.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Nicely done mate

DJ Deth struck me as the sort of character you might see in a Judge Dredd strip.

new topics

top topics

join