It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Rediculous to Deny Billions of Dollars to U.S. Families Because Saudi Arabia Killed a Person.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: vonclod

Yeah I know, you let others do the dirty work and you get to keep your hands clean and polish your rose colored glasses.

Would you have done business with Chinese organ farmers if there is money to be made?
How about buying body parts from Jeffrey Dahmer?

There are a lot of homeless and poor people in this country that would beg to differ.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Actually. Fair enough. Although ridiculous is spelled with two i’s and no e’s. See how red herrings work?

I’m aghast at which we are supposed to roll with OS.

After everything.

Trump had a shot to tell SA to stuff it. He blew it plain and simple. Reasons be damned.

I want to see him put his $ where his mouth is.

Just this once

edit on 16-10-2018 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

Well...even though President Trump was/is "tougher on Russia" than President Obama, very few Democrats will admit it.

As with the Kavanaugh confirmation, Democrats will not be satisfied with any action Trump takes against Saudi Arabia. It will either be not enough, or too draconian.

What's needed is more Republicans in Senate and few, or no losses in the House. If that happens after November 6, the whining Democrats, and the 2 remaining Squeamish Republican Senators can be safely ignored.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam

Actually. Fair enough. Although ridiculous is spelled with two i’s and no e’s. See how red herrings work?

After everything.

Trump had a shot to tell SA to stuff it. He blew it plain and simple. Reasons be damned.

Just this once

Maybe that 38 Billion Dollar Military Aid Deal with Saudi Arabia has something to do with his Reaction ? Hmm....

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

originally posted by: slatesteam

After everything.

Just this once

Maybe that 38 Billion Dollar Military Aid Deal with Saudi Arabia has something to do with his Reaction ? Hmm....

AID? What aid?

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I would like to know what other countries are doing to punish the Saudi Government. Are they refusing to buy Saudi oil or anything made from it?

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Having read the post, heard about this, seen it on the news and watched the following can be stated;

While it is correct that most countries execute people. People get killed around the world one way or another.
And the Saudi government is spending 110 billion for arms to be shipped there for their military. However, there is more to this than a man’s life and money.

Is the value of a man’s life to now be equal to less than 110 billion dollars? Reminds me of the story, a Christmas Carol, where the main character values money far more than those around him.

Now as it has been stated, that yes there are people killed around the world, though those done at the behest of a government is done either in an armed conflict, like a war, or via legal means. So in this case Turkey is not at war, on its territory. And the journalist was not a criminal, had no warrants on him. So we should be asking as to what all the man did that resulted in him being killed in an embassy by his own government. It is prudent to ask, and get answers, as it would clear up much. If we were to consider that Saudi Arabia is an autocrat kingdom, with a highly religious overtones. This is a country where some things that we would consider to be no big deal would warrant harsh punishment, even in some cases people are beheaded for their crimes. The legal system is very oppressive, and no very nice.

But beyond that, the murder, the other thing and this is what I think that is far worse, is that it appears as though they chopped the body up. Killing the man was bad, but to cut the body up to pieces, that is what is so horrifying. And if the man was not a criminal, had no warrants, or even under suspicion, what is far worse is that they killed an innocent man.

While the man was not a US citizen, which is true, but he did live in the US. So he did have a home, paid taxes on that, and lived in the US.
The US once stood for something, the justice system is not perfect, but it was based on an idea, of innocent until proven innocent, where people could print and read things that the government may not like without fear of reprisals. The very principles, the ideas of freedoms, which have inspired people and other nations, have been a beacon. And if we are not willing to stand and uphold on those principles cause they are inconvenient, then what does the country now stand for?

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Uhhhh. Nowhere did I make this more political than it already is. You did that. Nowhere do I mention Dems or GOP or Kavanaug, sooooo.

Anyway Zanti understands although I disagree there too.
Aid is a peculiar terminology for killings implements sold to a ruthless royal totalitarian regime on a grand scale, and also And I was really hoping his son-in-laws relationship and the vicelike grip of OPEC might shudder, just once at a legit rebuke from the US.

I could give a $&@#% about 38B in weapons to SA cuz muh jobs and China and oooh Russia might’ve gotten the deal.

Do you know how much the US is gonna spend on candy for Halloween this year? Gimme a break.

Get back to me when you wanna talk numbers. GE recently has cleared enough moola, dough, bread, cheese, and Benjamin’s off of it’s bank sheets to as to have lost enough $$ in terms of which FB would have NEVER existed...

Maybe in another lifetime I guess

edit on 17-10-2018 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   

It's not just this one event .

Lot of reason to not like the Saudi government.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

OH hell no! My outrage is reserved for #45 specifically.

Is he really gonna sit there and tell us “the king said it was cool, so it’s cool”??

I understand SA and the severity of the ME and SA I their dealings with people that are “different”.

Doesn’t make it right

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

think we just got to the root of your problem that your outrage is for Trump specifically. nothing he did was going to ok with you

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
American values are overrated.

I say we all pull our collective pants down, bend over and let the Saudis ride us like we're whores at the Bunny Ranch. Think of the money!

Don't forget to tip or leave a nice Yelp review.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Just one killing?

And that's ok?

Oh, how America what have you become.....?

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Oh, how America what have you become.....?

We're a hot piece of ass for sale to the highest bidder. You live in the U.K., pony up stud, we have some for you too.

You like that sexy, sexy missile? Yeah, big boy. You want it? How bad? Tell America. Only $50 to make you hollah.

edit on 17-10-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
The latest alleged details of Khashoggi's death are horrific. He might have still been alive when they started to dismember him.
But hey, they might have been 'rogue', right?
No. This is sickening and anyone who defends the Saudis needs their moral compass reset.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

That's terrible!

If we sold the Saudis the latest in effective torture and interrogation devices ahead of time this never would have happened.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
This Saudi saga certainly has taken Iran off the peoples Radar .... by design ?

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

The thing is SA is SA. We do business with many countries like this or worse.

It's disingenuous for politicians to care now.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

That's a filthy, mercenary way to look at it.

A reasonable, decent person with motivations that are not utterly broken, would rather be starving than do business with Saudi Arabia, and I have said as much of prior administrations, and my own nations government.

I can understand the evil motivations that politicians have for wanting to keep these connections running, and I can understand the avaricious desire on the part of the MIC in the West to keep ties with Saudi Arabia strong. But I cannot understand anyone from street level desiring that.

If you would rather keep this connection, than lose it on principle, using this incident as a reason, but also taking into account all prior incidents, then there is something fundamentally wrong with your mentality. If the first thing you think about when faced with situations like this is "Murican JEEEEERRBS" , then you need to get your priorities straightened out. I can understand being interested in improving the position of working folks, and protecting their interests, because I am all about that. That's why I favour things that actually help working people, like having strong unions, minimum wages that are HIGH, even for the lowest positions, and preventing costs of living from rising, by insisting that those higher wages be paid for by reducing the amount the shareholders, executives and managing level people get in THIER pay, as opposed by price rises on products and services offered.

Now, you can either back the above initiatives and ideas for maintaining workers potency, and power as a group of people, or you can stow this faux concern for the worker. You are a conservative. You don't care about the worker, you don't care about anyone who isn't making you money. You have all the empathy and compassion expected of a petrified corpse, and the best evidence for that, is that you think keeping American jobs, is more important than ceasing to do business with regimes which perform evil acts.

You cannot, unless you have all the moral solidarity of Blair and the wit of Bush, be serious.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Are the UN kicking them from the UN Human Rights Council? That's the biggest joke of them all. Not Trump, etc..... It's the lack of UN condemning them in the public and immediately removing them from the council.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join