It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Rediculous to Deny Billions of Dollars to U.S. Families Because Saudi Arabia Killed a Person.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Well then I guess your not anything more or less then some random poster on ATS, thanks for nothing.

a reply to: norhoc

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I’ll still be watching the Crown Jewel in a couple of weeks. I won’t be canceling my wwenetwork subscription.

We ALL know that Islam is the most anti-leftist extreme far-right hateful, intolerant, supremist rape-culture that has ever existed, bar NONE! So what else can you expect from an islamic kingdom? Why fight it? In fact a lot of low-iq morons are calling for western societies to adopt this disgusting culture into our own.

Dogs bark, sharks bite, the world still has to go on.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMNOTYOU

originally posted by: carewemust
October 16, 2018

This is the Trump Administration's position, if it is learned that Saudi Arabia is partly or fully responsible for the murder of Saudi journalist, Jamal Khashoggi.

Senior officials inside the State and Treasury departments are actively discussing plans to exact financial punishment on Saudi Arabia for its role in the alleged murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, according to three people involved in the discussions. The measures, which may include sanctions against the kingdom’s top leaders, could come down the pipeline as early as this week, officials told The Daily Beast.

Staffers and officials, including Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, have met continuously over the course of the last week in an attempt to detail the possible ways the U.S. could punish the kingdom without negatively impacting the U.S.’s $110 billion Saudi arms deal.

President Donald Trump has so far resisted calls by some lawmakers to halt U.S. military aid to Saudi Arabia in light of Khashoggi’s disappearance, arguing that nixing the arms deals would hurt American jobs.
Source: www.thedailybeast.com...

However, you have political leaders in this country...the ones we elect to office, wanting to prevent Billions of Dollars from flowing to U.S. families, just because Saudi Arabia killed one person.

“If we find that they murdered Khashoggi, there is no way we can do business as usual with the Saudi government. No way,” Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ), a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, told The Daily Beast, pushing back on Trump’s comments.

“That would be a disaster,” added Sen. Tim Kaine (D-VA), also a member of the committee. “I don’t see how the United States can overlook a human-rights violation as gross as this.”

Lawmakers have started to push back legislatively. Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY), who has been critical of the U.S.’s support for the Saudi-led military campaign in Yemen, introduced a bill on Thursday that would cut off U.S. military aid to Saudi Arabia “until the secretary of state determines that Jamal Khashoggi is alive and free.”

Saudi Arabia has killed, is killing, and will continue to kill people. Why should the U.S. turn away Billions of dollars in Saudi $$$, allowing it to go to Russia, and other countries, simply because Saudi Arabia continues to be itself...for better or worse? As President Trump has said, America "isn't so innocent" on the world's stage either.

The politicians calling for cancelling billions of dollars worth of revenue/income for Americans, based on "principal", need to look in the mirror, and ask themselves WHY they haven't called for action against the Catholic Church in America? Hundreds of Thousands of children have been damaged for life by predator priests...right in their districts.
-CareWeMust

So you are ok with journalist being killed if they dont agree with the administration?
We could call what we do on ATS for amateur journalism, is it ok for the goverment to start killing people who doesnt agree with politics or critize to much?

Hope you never made a bad comment about any goverment, cause why shouldnt they just kill you? You wouldnt object, right? Think of all the money the american people can make

I didn't say it was "OK". What kind of glasses are you reading through? I said that it isn't worth sacrificing Billions of dollars to American Families, because Saudi Arabia killed one of their own citizens.

By that standard, we shouldn't do business with any nation. But of course, the same whiners would then complain about the U.S. being "isolationist".
edit on 10/16/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Would you sell a belt to your neighbor if you knew he was beating his wife and kids with it?

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Good thing I don't care what you think of me.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
Would you sell a belt to your neighbor if you knew he was beating his wife and kids with it?

If Saudi Arabia was hurting all its citizens with weapons, I wouldn't sell the country any weapons, no matter what the price.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

False comparison there, unless you are saying the Saudi's killed this guy using weapons we sold them? Are you also saying we should not do business with China, Venezuela, Russia, or any other country in the world? No ones hands are clean
edit on 16-10-2018 by norhoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Arms deal with shady country most likely responsible for 9/11 and funding radical Islamic terror: $100 million

Standing for democratic/Western ideals or at least paying lip service to it in order to hold on to the last shreds of our international integrity: Priceless.

Anyways, all this bone saw-wielding, Pulp Fiction craziness has me rethinking the now-not-so-wacky hushed-up/covered-up Vegas shooting conspiracy theory.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Funny... not a word about doing deals with Saudi's when Obama was pres. Now that Trump is Pres everyone has a problem
edit on 16-10-2018 by norhoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The CT community has been objecting since at least 9/11.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Well you all got reeeeal quiet for 8 years while Obama was in there

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
The issue here is that Saudi Arabia has grossly violated human rights and this incident just showcases it. We have no business to sell weapons of mass destruction to people with so little regard for human life.

In principal, I agree with that.

In reality, Israel / Mossad has done worse, and everyone KNOWS it.

I don't like it happening anywhere, but why the hippocracy?

I never stated that we should sell Israel weapons.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I see this as simple you dont give a loaded gun to a 5 yr old. And you dont give weapons to states that show they have as much sense as a 5 yr old. The complete lack of anything resembling morals means they should never have the ability to kill others.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMNOTYOU

October 16, 2018

This is the Trump Administration's position, if it is learned that Saudi Arabia is partly or fully responsible for the murder of Saudi journalist, Jamal Khashoggi.

Senior officials inside the State and Treasury departments are actively discussing plans to exact financial punishment on Saudi Arabia for its role in the alleged murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, according to three people involved in the discussions. The measures, which may include sanctions against the kingdom’s top leaders, could come down the pipeline as early as this week, officials told The Daily Beast.

Staffers and officials, including Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, have met continuously over the course of the last week in an attempt to detail the possible ways the U.S. could punish the kingdom without negatively impacting the U.S.’s $110 billion Saudi arms deal.

President Donald Trump has so far resisted calls by some lawmakers to halt U.S. military aid to Saudi Arabia in light of Khashoggi’s disappearance, arguing that nixing the arms deals would hurt American jobs.

However, you have political leaders in this country...the ones we elect to office, wanting to prevent Billions of Dollars from flowing to U.S. families, just because Saudi Arabia killed one person.

“If we find that they murdered Khashoggi, there is no way we can do business as usual with the Saudi government. No way,” Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ), a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, told The Daily Beast, pushing back on Trump’s comments.

“That would be a disaster,” added Sen. Tim Kaine (D-VA), also a member of the committee. “I don’t see how the United States can overlook a human-rights violation as gross as this.”

Lawmakers have started to push back legislatively. Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY), who has been critical of the U.S.’s support for the Saudi-led military campaign in Yemen, introduced a bill on Thursday that would cut off U.S. military aid to Saudi Arabia “until the secretary of state determines that Jamal Khashoggi is alive and free.”

Saudi Arabia has killed, is killing, and will continue to kill people. Why should the U.S. turn away Billions of dollars in Saudi $$$, allowing it to go to Russia, and other countries, simply because Saudi Arabia continues to be itself...for better or worse? As President Trump has said, America "isn't so innocent" on the world's stage either.

The politicians calling for cancelling billions of dollars worth of revenue/income for Americans, based on "principal", need to look in the mirror, and ask themselves WHY they haven't called for action against the Catholic Church in America? Hundreds of Thousands of children have been damaged for life by predator priests...right in their districts.
-CareWeMust

So you are ok with journalist being killed if they dont agree with the administration?
We could call what we do on ATS for amateur journalism, is it ok for the goverment to start killing people who doesnt agree with politics or critize to much?

Hope you never made a bad comment about any goverment, cause why shouldnt they just kill you? You wouldnt object, right? Think of all the money the american people can make

I didn't say it was "OK". What kind of glasses are you reading through? I said that it isn't worth sacrificing Billions of dollars to American Families, because Saudi Arabia killed one of their own citizens.

By that standard, we shouldn't do business with any nation. But of course, the same whiners would then complain about the U.S. being "isolationist".

What american families are you talking about? the super rich arms dealer families or?
Do you think that this money will be shared amongst the american people?

When the weapons sold get used against american people, do you still think this is a good idea?
edit on 16-10-2018 by IAMNOTYOU because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2018 by IAMNOTYOU because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Oh look, whataboutism on a discussion forum when the argument is thin or morally reprehensible. Meanwhile, a guy is dead in a brazen caper, piled high with obvious lies, sprinkled with cover up, underscoring a blatant disregard for international laws/norms. And the POTUS is acting more like a damage control PR rep than the leader of the free world.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I wonder how many Saudi spies we killed in retaliation?

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Pretty sure the US is with starting (unjust) wars and selling weapons worldwide is directly and indirectly responsible for many many millions of death people (let alone wounded and displaced) and just helping SA with this war against Yemen resulting in tens of thousands of death civilians is way worse that SA killing this journalist.

And there is a good change many millions of people in Yemen will die of starvation resulting from this war which again the US and some other western country's support according a new UN report:

The United Nations is warning that 13 million people in Yemen are facing starvation.
www.bbc.com...

The situation in Yemen is hardly covered in the media, wonder why!?

That said even so I guess it's nice that the US and other western countries get more critical at SA so if that 1 person killed is the reason for that which doesn't make that much sense it's still a good thing.

edit on 16-10-2018 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Jamal Khashoggi Was Not a American Citizen , does the U.S. have Reason to Start a War Over that ? Hell No !

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The guy was a Saudi and worked for the Washington Post. I do not think Trump is truely upset that a WaPo reporter got killed. If he was an American citizen we should be doing something about it but he was not. Trump does not go killing WaPo reporters that cut him down. That guy was not the sharpest person to go there after he wrote those articles about the Saudi hierarchy.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: IAMNOTYOU

HE WAS A SPOOK NOT A JOURNALIST

Source?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join