It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Rediculous to Deny Billions of Dollars to U.S. Families Because Saudi Arabia Killed a Person.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

Lol, it's all good brother..we agree to disagree.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: vonclod

Yeah I know, you let others do the dirty work and you get to keep your hands clean and polish your rose colored glasses.

Speaking of "glasses", look at those Hillary was wearing when she crashed her Scooby van this week.

VidClip: twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

People should be thanking the guys that have to do the dirty work in the shadows so that they can go on believing the world all plays nice and go about their carefree life.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

People should be thanking the guys that have to do the dirty work in the shadows so that they can go on believing the world all plays nice and go about their carefree life.

So you have an intimate knowledge of it?

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

There is so much going on that there are times that I wish that I could go back to just watching the news at 5, go to work, cut my grass on Saturdays, drink beer and watch football on Sundays and live out my life in blissful ignorance.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I used to be in that life, so I guess you could say yes, I take it personally, knowing the toll it takes to do what needs to be done to keep others going about their lives and then hear them complain about the "dirty" work. But it is a life that certain people choose and are not in it for the glory.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Unfortunately I can never go back to that way, try as I might.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Unfortunately I can never go back to that way, try as I might.

It's why I joined ATS.

I wanted to see if others knew or were exposing what (little) I know.

So far?

Not so much.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Thanks for your service, that takes a lot of sacrifice even if you come back in one piece.

But you could understand why citizens ask why we are sending our young to Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, right? Aside from the message we are sending to sovereign countries who didn't attack us, we are sacrificing out youth, their youth, and trillions of dollars.

Is it wrong for voters to ask what it's for?

Just because it's dirty doesn't make it right.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
It's a sick joke that God saw fit to place Muslims on top of the greatest natural resource in the world. If it weren't for oil, we wouldn't pay Saudi any attention nor afford them any leeway.

It's a sad reality that we have to do business with them and if this story is true, we have to get past it somehow.

Now, I understand this deal is about US selling WEAPONS to THEM. This is not lost on me, but they WILL acquire them from another country if we do not.

Is it not better to keep your enemies close?

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
What ever you say Colonel Jessep.
At what point will you care or stand up for a single person? When it’s your father or mother? Son or daughter?

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I guess the only point I am making is most of the populous get to live their whole lives above the fray and never know what goes on in the shadows, and ALOT goes on in the shadows and it is ugly. But it is what it takes to keep the world most people exist in possible. And , again, I am not mad at anyone about it. It was a life I chose and many others choose. You may make it out alive or in one piece but you don't make it out the same person you were before. You do come out broken, but, do the best you can to try and re-assimilate as best you can. But I get what you are saying and understand that it is not easy to understand for most or even acceptable. I am glad we can have these debates and discussions and wish, as a whole, the country to get back to disagreeing but not thinking each other is evil because of it.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Don't even begin to lecture me. You have no idea how many people I have stood up for and did what I had to do so you can live a "normal" life

This guy was aSPOOk and when you go into that life you accept certain risks. Don't buy the BS that he was 'just a journalist":
edit on 16-10-2018 by norhoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

cheers.

All I ask, if we are helping a country in need, we leave it in better shape when we leave than we got there.

If they viciously attacked us, the inverse... But then help the people as they did not make the decisions (Germany, Japan, two of our best allies).

But I don't want my money going to countries who should be our allies, but have resources we want. That throws any morality we have out the window. You could say it's for cheap gas, but compare us to a country with a lesser service fatality/military budget and tell me at the end of the day it doesn't cost the same.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Pretty much agree, people have their panties in a bunch over the possible death of a journalist. Guilty until proven innocent again.

The question to ask is why is Turkey/Erdogan so concerned and fanning the flames? Couldn't it be because Saudi Arabia is a big hindrance to his dreams of a Caliphate?

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
He was a pawn in life and a pawn in death sure fine.
Not sure if you really did anything at all for me personally actually.
You didn’t happen to serve in ww2 did you?
Let’s hear the list then so I can start thanking you for your actions.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
If you truly want to understand what is going on and why, this book is a must. It explains everything.

www.amazon.com...
edit on 16-10-2018 by gernblan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
October 16, 2018

This is the Trump Administration's position, if it is learned that Saudi Arabia is partly or fully responsible for the murder of Saudi journalist, Jamal Khashoggi.

Senior officials inside the State and Treasury departments are actively discussing plans to exact financial punishment on Saudi Arabia for its role in the alleged murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, according to three people involved in the discussions. The measures, which may include sanctions against the kingdom’s top leaders, could come down the pipeline as early as this week, officials told The Daily Beast.

Staffers and officials, including Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, have met continuously over the course of the last week in an attempt to detail the possible ways the U.S. could punish the kingdom without negatively impacting the U.S.’s $110 billion Saudi arms deal.

President Donald Trump has so far resisted calls by some lawmakers to halt U.S. military aid to Saudi Arabia in light of Khashoggi’s disappearance, arguing that nixing the arms deals would hurt American jobs.
Source: www.thedailybeast.com...

However, you have political leaders in this country...the ones we elect to office, wanting to prevent Billions of Dollars from flowing to U.S. families, just because Saudi Arabia killed one person.

“If we find that they murdered Khashoggi, there is no way we can do business as usual with the Saudi government. No way,” Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ), a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, told The Daily Beast, pushing back on Trump’s comments.

“That would be a disaster,” added Sen. Tim Kaine (D-VA), also a member of the committee. “I don’t see how the United States can overlook a human-rights violation as gross as this.”

Lawmakers have started to push back legislatively. Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY), who has been critical of the U.S.’s support for the Saudi-led military campaign in Yemen, introduced a bill on Thursday that would cut off U.S. military aid to Saudi Arabia “until the secretary of state determines that Jamal Khashoggi is alive and free.”
Source: www.thedailybeast.com...

Saudi Arabia has killed, is killing, and will continue to kill people. Why should the U.S. turn away Billions of dollars in Saudi $$$, allowing it to go to Russia, and other countries, simply because Saudi Arabia continues to be itself...for better or worse? As President Trump has said, America "isn't so innocent" on the world's stage either.

The politicians calling for cancelling billions of dollars worth of revenue/income for Americans, based on "principal", need to look in the mirror, and ask themselves WHY they haven't called for action against the Catholic Church in America? Hundreds of Thousands of children have been damaged for life by predator priests...right in their districts.
-CareWeMust

So you are ok with journalist being killed if they dont agree with the administration?
We could call what we do on ATS for amateur journalism, is it ok for the goverment to start killing people who doesnt agree with politics or critize to much?

Hope you never made a bad comment about any goverment, cause why shouldnt they just kill you? You wouldnt object, right? Think of all the money the american people can make

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMNOTYOU

HE WAS A SPOOK NOT A JOURNALIST

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

You really think I can give you a list of places I have been . Come on man, I think you are smarter than that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join