It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Rediculous to Deny Billions of Dollars to U.S. Families Because Saudi Arabia Killed a Person.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: soberbacchus

www.senate.gov...

from the congressional record 60 D 39 R

go tell your easily debunked lies elsewhere to others who are more gullible

Right and that was during the tiny 4 month window where Dems had the votes to pass something.

You claimed they had total control of both chambers for 2 years.

That was false.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

this is a lie and I weep for your reading comprehension skills, tho it explains a lot of your posts.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: soberbacchus
a reply to: shooterbrody

You keep changing your BS.

Reid changed the filibuster on Nominees. Not laws.

And why would he have to that if the Dems had total control of both houses as you claimed?

Yes he did to stop republicans from being able to stop nominations under Obama. Problem is when you change the rules its just a matter of time until the other side can do the same.

Right. that is why it was called the Nuclear Option.

Reid limited it to only lower court judicial nominees, since the GOP were blocking everything.

When the GOP took the Senate they eliminated the 60 vote rule for everything including Supreme Court Nominees.

The maneuver by either is really ugly. It outright breaks the constitution through a slimy legal loop-hole.

60 votes are required. That is the rule.
The Majority Leader introduces a "Point of Order" saying only a simple majority (51 votes) is needed to close debate.
The Presiding Officer denies the Point of Order as violating Senate Rules.
The Presiding Officer's ruling denying it is then Appealed and it takes only 51 votes to win an appeal of a Presiding Officer's ruling, so the majority overturns the denial and a new precedent is created (based on the overturned appeal - not on the validity of the 60 vote requirement)

The founders forgot to imagine how slippery some Senators would be, or maybe they just never imagined such a majority of Senators would go along.

Reid justified it due to the unprecedented obstruction Dems were facing, the GOP weren't allowing ANY nominations and he sold it by saying it would only be for the lower courts, not SCOTUS, but at the end of the day he started a race to the bottom of the barrel and of course the GOP would win that race eventually.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

this is a lie and I weep for your reading comprehension skills, tho it explains a lot of your posts.

Sorry you feel so weepy. Maybe it's some kind of hormonal thing?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

Sorry you feel so weepy. Maybe it's some kind of hormonal thing?

nope
thanks for your concern

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

whatever that means.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Then we are even lol

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
At least trump is being honest, whereas most politicians would spin or ignore it. However, our alliance with Saudi Arabia and the weapons we sell them is extremely immoral and unethical.

We really can't say we're the good guys. It blatantly shows how America is a empire with no regard to morality. How are we any different if we give massive amounts of weapons to a wealthy country that supports terrorism, tortures dissidents, condones slavery, and is nearly the exact opposite of our current culture.

By supporting a country so morally void, all our advances in human rights are mute. Either we are a culture that expands on human rights or we are a culture that pretends to be moralists while giving money to countries with clear opposite agendas.

So OP, go ahead and defend your blood money. I'm sure your happy with a country whose ends justifies the means. Torture, rape, genocide, overthrow of sovereign nations, terrorism, ect... just as long as American families can live in comfort and ignorance. Happily supporting an empire that does whatever it takes to remain on top.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
At least trump is being honest, whereas most politicians would spin or ignore it.

Cuz likening it the Kavenaugh hearings is honest?
The Prince of Saudi Arabia is just being smeared?

His personal hit team, complete with doctor plus bonesaw just happened to be on Holiday at the consulate when Khashoggi was coming to pick up his documents?

Ignoring all the facts and intelligence provided to him...uh, I don't know what happened to the guy.

Insane that you think that is no spin and honesty.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Well, I just meant the part about trump basically saying we shouldn't let some killing get in the way of a billion dollar deal.

I didn't watch the part where he attempted to defend the Saudi king. Once Trump basically said "money is more important", regarding Saudi Arabia, then he was being more honest than I remember most recent presidents being.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
We do not know what happened. We have heard rumors of what has happened, however there are far too many questions to be answered and ultimately the evidence will either be presented for one side or the other, and it will show one fact or another.

There facts are that the Journalist, went to the embassy in Turkey and did not come out, he was killed.

There are 2 stories now floating around the news:

What Turkey is stating: The man was attacked, the consul told to leave, and then he was injected with something and while still alive, dismembered piece by piece, and the body disposed of.

What Saudi's are saying: The man came in, there was a fight and he was killed.

However, now the question should be where is the body and in what condition is it in? If there is audio tape, and I know that this is going to sound very bad, but if there is audio, it needs to be released, where all can hear it for themselves. But in either case, the body will show the truth of the matter.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Would you still feel the same way if it was one of your
loved ones?

I think not... A line has been crossed.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

Would you still feel the same way if it was one of your
loved ones?

I think not... A line has been crossed.

You're comparing apples-to-oranges.

Saudi Arabia killed one of its own countrymen. It has done so thousand of times in the past. It will do so thousands of times in the future.

If Saudi Arabia wants to buy our products, which helps American families prosper, they can buy our products. It's as simple as that.

If we stopped doing business with countries who kill their own citizens, would we then be "isolationists"?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Ok, so if a terrorist nation want to buy weapons..it's cool.
Got it.
edit on 21-10-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Got it.

When a government kills its own people that isn't terrorism its actually tyranny. Many countries do this including China and Russia. So not dealing with them is not a solution unless we stoped doing business with all countries leaving out most of asia and south America and half of Africa.

I think the trick will be make it hurt enough so the crown prince won't do it again. But we have to leave him a way out because we can't afford not to work with them. Without Saudi Arabia we lose any hope of controlling the muddle east. And they have the ability to destroy the area. They could go full out in Yemen causing Iran to have to defend directly. The only reason they have not destroyed Yemen is they fear the damage to relationships. But if they have nothing to lose Yemen is in trouble.
edit on 10/22/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Got it.

Is Saudi Arabia on the U.N.'s list of terrorist nations?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Is Saudi Arabia on the U.N.'s list of terrorist nations?

No.
But all that proves is the level of hypocrisy displayed by Security Council member nations and their allies.

Saudi Arabia is by far the largest exporter of Islamic extremism.
It is also the largest sponsor and supporter of Islamic terrorism.

If this was Iran many people would be screaming for further sanctions possibly even military action.

I guess those people are comfortable with their own hypocrisy and double standards.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   
There are thousands of moral reasons to never do business with Saudia Arabia again.

But the one reason to do business with that cesspool, evil Monarchy always seems to win out.

Money

So, it comes down to - Would you sell your soul for 20 pieces of silver?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

It's clear as day, they support/fund radical islamic terror. And..U.N.? I read hear all the time how useless and corrupt they are.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
possible he had 15 makup artista help change his looks...and walked out.

mobile.twitter.com...

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join