It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Rediculous to Deny Billions of Dollars to U.S. Families Because Saudi Arabia Killed a Person.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

I don't see it that way. Its just that it is what it is.

So, you are saying that you don't care that a man was murdered or perhaps even dismembered whilst still alive?
Or is it the fact that he was a journalist and therefore beneath your contempt?

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I am saying it wouldn't have been a big deal if it weren't for the fact that he's a journalist and yea, I don't much care for journalists. Being dismembered while alive, yea, that's too bad. If they wanted him dead I'd have suggested just capping him. Far less trouble and more humane.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Nothing going on till after mid terms. Then either it will be handled like adults or the kids can figure it out.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The fact that Saudi Arabia is even on the map is testament to the President Trump office. Say what you like, facts are facts.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

You might want to learn a bit more about the "Sainted" Journalist Martyr.

www.frontpagemag.com...

In high school, Jamal Khashoggi had a good friend. His name was Osama bin Laden. “We were hoping to establish an Islamic state anywhere,” Khashoggi reminisced about their time together in the Muslim Brotherhood. “We believed that the first one would lead to another, and that would have a domino effect which could reverse the history of mankind.” The friendship endured with Jamal Khashoggi following Osama bin Laden to Afghanistan. Khashoggi credited Adel Batterjee, listed at one time as one of “the world’s foremost terrorist financiers” by the Treasury Department, with bringing him to Afghanistan to report on the fighting. The media calls Khashoggi a journalist, but his writings from 80s Afghanistan read as Jihadist propaganda with titles like, "Arab Mujahadeen in Afghanistan II: Exemplifies the Unity of Islamic Ummah". And when Osama bin Laden set up Al Qaeda, he called Khashoggi with the details. After Afghanistan, Jamal Khashoggi went to work as a media adviser for former Saudi intel boss, Prince Turki bin Faisal, alleged to have links to Al Qaeda. Those allegations came from, among others, Zacarias Moussaoui, the alleged twentieth hijacker.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You sound suspiciously like the prez....

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
110 billion is a drop in the bucket compared to our overall budget etc.

Not only that, but it would take YEARS maybe decades for SA to just switch to a different arms supplier. It’s not like a military infrastructure based on US equipment is universally compatible/interchangeable w Russian or Chinese.

More importantly, to me anyways, is how cozy the Trump family is with someone who
allegedly masterminded such a murder, silencing decenting journalism, when he is currently and actively trying to restrict our own.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

You are confused between money and troops.

If you want to hit Saudi Arabia where it hurts, you do it in dollars.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Here's a rather better source for the link between the two. Khashoggi reported on the war in Afghanistan, where he met Bon Laden (as did many journalists) and disagreed rather heavily with his move into terrorism. As for FrontPageMag - wow, I found something pretty horribly biased! Thanks, I need to take whatever it claims with an ocean of salt.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

I am not confused.
I would prefer we get out of the middle east all together!

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: carewemust

Having killed that someone they broke international law , this is about more than just the killing of Khashoggi.

I wonder how often this happens somewhere in the world? She we determine that, and "punish" all nations who have murdered one of their own citizens?

""punish" all nations who have murdered one of their own citizens?"

In our back yard? Hell yes.

He had LEFT Saudi Arabia for this very reason.
Ditto with Putin killing dissidents in the UK and USA.

Not in our house.

You don't see hit teams going after Snowden in Russia.

Trump is groveling to the Saudi Prince repeating a story that EVERYONE knows is BS.

An interrogation gone wrong? Hilarious.
Who sends an autopsy/forensic expert with a bone saw to ask someone a few questions.

Trump is an embarrassment to everyone is the US for carrying this spoiled princes water on national television.
edit on 17-10-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CajunMetal
110 billion is a drop in the bucket compared to our overall budget etc.

And the real number is 14 Billion in active contracts.

Not only that, but it would take YEARS maybe decades for SA to just switch to a different arms supplier. It’s not like a military infrastructure based on US equipment is universally compatible/interchangeable w Russian or Chinese.

Let Russia sell them some flying rust buckets.

More importantly, to me anyways, is how cozy the Trump family is with someone who
allegedly masterminded such a murder, silencing decenting journalism, when he is currently and actively trying to restrict our own.

Trump has a dictator fetish. It was on full display with the Putin news Conference where he threw the US Intelligence Community under the bus to flirt with Vlad and it is on full display with the Saudi Prince.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Ho and Turkey that is so tormented by this have 1000's of innocent Journalists in Jail and kill and torment their Kurdish citizens every day . I sure hope that is mentioned. No country is perfect and I presume some scapegoats will be found but it all smells of sides being taken like Turkey - Russia - Iran - Syria and any other anti Israel outfit.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I was wondering how long it would take the Party line to show up on ATS.

This has been in the news for, what, a week now and all of a sudden the same old heads pop up agreeing with each other. I guess the talking points memo was delayed somewhere.

If you don't think the extraterritorial murder of a journalist by a US ally is anything to worry about, you hold your own freedoms cheap.

To take the apologist line for the killers is beyond irony.
edit on 17-10-2018 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

I am not confused.
I would prefer we get out of the middle east all together!

The President hears you! But hey, why learn from history?

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Comparing the two sources is a prime example of the glaring difference between Right Wing v. Left Wing analysis.

Welcome to the post-truth world, or perhaps..........you have your truth and others have their truth and never the twain shall meet. Therein lies the path to annihilation. The two tribes are obviously irreconcilable.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
they attacked us on 911. Why should we do anything for 1 migrant journalist?

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
The issue here is that Saudi Arabia has grossly violated human rights and this incident just showcases it. We have no business to sell weapons of mass destruction to people with so little regard for human life.

Then why are we doing business in China then? Hell, I think we could name a bunch more. BTW what WMDs are we selling to Saudi? Do you think the military strength we are working on is to help the Saudi people...lol It is about helping us, it is always about us, that has never changed.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Turkey is our backyard?

And it is not like Turkey is any better than the Saudis

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Turkey is our backyard?

He was a US Resident and worked as a Journalist for the Washington Post.
That makes it our "backyard".
By "our" I mean people that still give crap about what the USA stands for.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join