It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Rediculous to Deny Billions of Dollars to U.S. Families Because Saudi Arabia Killed a Person.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
October 16, 2018

This is the Trump Administration's position, if it is learned that Saudi Arabia is partly or fully responsible for the murder of Saudi journalist, Jamal Khashoggi.

Senior officials inside the State and Treasury departments are actively discussing plans to exact financial punishment on Saudi Arabia for its role in the alleged murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, according to three people involved in the discussions. The measures, which may include sanctions against the kingdom’s top leaders, could come down the pipeline as early as this week, officials told The Daily Beast.

Staffers and officials, including Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, have met continuously over the course of the last week in an attempt to detail the possible ways the U.S. could punish the kingdom without negatively impacting the U.S.’s $110 billion Saudi arms deal.

President Donald Trump has so far resisted calls by some lawmakers to halt U.S. military aid to Saudi Arabia in light of Khashoggi’s disappearance, arguing that nixing the arms deals would hurt American jobs.
Source: www.thedailybeast.com...

However, you have political leaders in this country...the ones we elect to office, wanting to prevent Billions of Dollars from flowing to U.S. families, just because Saudi Arabia killed one person.

“If we find that they murdered Khashoggi, there is no way we can do business as usual with the Saudi government. No way,” Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ), a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, told The Daily Beast, pushing back on Trump’s comments.

“That would be a disaster,” added Sen. Tim Kaine (D-VA), also a member of the committee. “I don’t see how the United States can overlook a human-rights violation as gross as this.”

Lawmakers have started to push back legislatively. Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY), who has been critical of the U.S.’s support for the Saudi-led military campaign in Yemen, introduced a bill on Thursday that would cut off U.S. military aid to Saudi Arabia “until the secretary of state determines that Jamal Khashoggi is alive and free.”
Source: www.thedailybeast.com...

Saudi Arabia has killed, is killing, and will continue to kill people. Why should the U.S. turn away Billions of dollars in Saudi $$$, allowing it to go to Russia, and other countries, simply because Saudi Arabia continues to be itself...for better or worse? As President Trump has said, America "isn't so innocent" on the world's stage either.

The politicians calling for cancelling billions of dollars worth of revenue/income for Americans, based on "principal", need to look in the mirror, and ask themselves WHY they haven't called for action against the Catholic Church in America? Hundreds of Thousands of children have been damaged for life by predator priests...right in their districts.

-CareWeMust

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
almost everything we're doing in this country right now is ridiculous why would you expect anything different?

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I side with you often.

Here, sadly no. We diverge

link   

I agree. I love these people acting shocked that the Saudi's killed someone when they routinely do this everyday in their country. They kill homosexuals, women who were raped, dissenters. Factor in that China also does this and no one has a problem that we do business with China. It is all very Naïve or disingenuous

link   

Anyone who has ever run a business knows that you have people that you dislike, but still take their money.

It's just good (profitable) business sense. Trump is a businessman, so I'm sure that's the way he sees this. I'm sure he'll get them in some other way though.

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The issue here is that Saudi Arabia has grossly violated human rights and this incident just showcases it. We have no business to sell weapons of mass destruction to people with so little regard for human life.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
When did you sell your soul?

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Because if you can’t stand up for one person you can’t stand up for the many. It starts with one person could end with many.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

LOL, you are funny, then I guess we will not be doing business with anyone. Nor ,I guess, will anyone be doing business with us.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

All of you people are so naive

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I'd like to halt the dependence on OPEC for entirely different reasons.

We need to #WalkAway from the Middle East.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

This state murder gets an extra-boost because a journalist was the target. CNN said a couple hours ago, that Trump's inaction is proof that he hates the Press, and sadly, his supporters are right with him.

Well....

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: Athetos

All of you people are so naive

That kind of sounds like something villains would say in the movies. lol

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam
I side with you often.
Here, sadly no. We diverge

That's OK. Murder is a divisive subject, whether it's an adult, or an unborn child.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

AAAnd, I seriously doubt he was just a journalist, there is some evidence coming out he was in the spook business.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Thank You, Thank You very much

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Get on the Trump train libtard.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I agree. I love these people acting shocked that the Saudi's killed someone when they routinely do this everyday in their country. They kill homosexuals, women who were raped, dissenters. Factor in that China also does this and no one has a problem that we do business with China. It is all very Naïve or disingenuous

Exactly right! I can understand DEMOCRATS wanting to hurt American Families, because that also hurts Republicans/Trump, but it disappoints that Rand Paul and Lindsey Graham are so short-sighted.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

AAAnd, I seriously doubt he was just a journalist, there is some evidence coming out he was in the spook business.

Yea, he was more than just a journalist. He has a rather cough cough interesting history. I think that's why Pompeo was sent. A spook would know things...

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

The Azzholes at CNN are showing all the Saudi "interests" that Trump and Kushner have in Saudi Arabia.. like this why he is so resistant to "hurt" the Royal Family. They don't mention that those "interests" are only a small percentage of the Trump and Kushner empire.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join