It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Conservative truly concerned about Pres. Bush

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Some of you may know that I hold fairly conservative views about economic issues and I like small government, etc...

After pondering the ramifications of Prsident Bush's "Sound Bites" from Europe yesterday, I am REALLY wondering where this man is taking us.

More importantly, does he REALLY think this way or have his advisors lost their ever-lovin' minds?

The "sound bite" in question is "I want to discuss Mr. Putin's decision making process and help him out with that" ( I paraphrased)...

Now I am certainly no expert on how to rule the world but I don't think Mr. Bush should be helping Mr. Putin, indeed I think that's exactly BACKWARDS...

The link below is a VERY good articulation of what I am thinking... (naturally I think that way since my wife wrote it
)

www.thedivinesibyl.com...

Frankly, Mr. Putin has pulled off more successes in "decision making", IMHO, than Mr. Bush... How arrogant are we (the U.S. administration) going to get?

How many "single fingered salutes do we need to see around the world before we take a step back and LISTEN?

I would really appreciate any European perspectives on this issue from members in the E.U.

I respect the opinion of the citizen much MORE than the pundits, politicians and media folk.

This is a very hard time to be me...

m...

[edit on 2-24-2005 by Springer]

[edit on 1-3-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally Bush declared he had gotten a "sense of [Putin's] soul". I believe him. In fact, I tend to believe he got some on him, and then brought it back home, because I really don't see much difference between the two leadership styles.

Oh Val...

It so true though. Outside of the kind of dictators we're so fond of overthrowing for compassionate excercises in nation building, I've never seen such concentration of vertical power in modern times. It's all rather counterintuitive to spreading democracy in my mind. Unless democracy is telling 49% of your own people to shut up and sit down and the rest of the world to go to hell. You'd think though with a joint effort of minds like these there's no train they couldn't make run on time... right off a cliff.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Hell of a column, Val.

How arrogant are we (the U.S. administration) going to get?

I think the best is yet to come, Springer; after all, Dubya now has a "mandate" and "political capital" to burn....

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sandge
I think the best is yet to come, Springer; after all, Dubya now has a "mandate" and "political capital" to burn....

That's what really "concerns" me... He is going out and about like a knight on a white stallion.

I wonder just how long that "mandate" is going to hold if he continues this type of arrogance.

m...

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Putin is knowbody's fool and more respected in the world than Bush in my opinion. Seems to me Bush talks when he should be listen, and listens when he should talk at times?, but no matter he represents the USA and its people. Now that's democracy at its finest.

Batton down the hatches for the next four years.

Dallas

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
It will continue as long as the media continues to try to sell us on his bull, hopefully some more conservatives and well just people in general wake up to what is going on and start really criticizing Bush and force him to address these issues instead of skirting them with his "talk" like normally does.

I cringe everytime I hear the President speak.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

Originally posted by sandge

That's what really "concerns" me... He is going out and about like a knight on a white stallion.

I wonder just how long that "mandate" is going to hold if he continues this type of arrogance.

m...

As many times as I have defended "dubya" on this very board, I have to admit some concerns of my own. I don't know what's going down.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
ya, he seems to think he has plenty of our kid's potential future income to burn too......

we can't afford to free the whole world, isn't there an economist somewhere in DC that can show him the facts of life and convince him of this fact....
either that or come right out and say that our money isn't real, it really doesn't matter how much spend, we'll just print more, and well, everybody party down!!!

[edit on 24-2-2005 by dawnstar]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
As many times as I have defended "dubya" on this very board, I have to admit some concerns of my own. I don't know what's going down.

DrHoracid, if you were to do a search back a year or two on my posts, you'd see I too was once a fairly vocal defender of Dubya, or at least the policies I THOUGHT he was implimenting which have now taken strange "turns".

The near future could be very interesting at least, I will be watching this E.U. tour much closer now.

The "mission", as I understood it, was to mend fences, pretty odd fence mending in my book.

m...

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

Oh my God I just had a heart attack stroke brain anurism

Bush's foreign policies leave much to be desired for anyone expecting peace in their lifetime. I wish I knew how we could safguard ourselves agianst him, but it appears that all avenues of citizen self preservation have been blocked in one way or the other. When did the president stop working for the citizens? I thought He was supposed to be doing this, but I cant tell by his actions. And I know I cant fire him.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The President is supposed to work for the "people" and do NOTHING to harm the Nation. When I look at this administration's track record it becomes harder to find those "core values" being performed.

While I don't put much stock in the "oil" scandals and all the hyperbole surrounding President Bush's administration I am having a very hard time seeing the "good"...

m...

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
hey, maybe these people will get their way, and Bush will leave DC to be the new president of tx.......he can use the tx. national guard to fight his wars then....

source

//ed to shorten link//

[edit on 25-5-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
dawnstar:

While I am a Texan, and agree with some of what the "secession" folks think, I would NOT want Dubya to Run an Independant Texas.

Imagine what a war with Mexico, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Louisianna would be like!

Seriously though, the thought that President Bush is out there "Ruling the World" is more than enough to give pause without adding the Texas Republic group into the mix.

m...

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer I am having a very hard time seeing the "good"...

Like all, but those hoping against hope, you can't see what's not there.

Putin has played the Kennebunkport mafia like a fiddle; Russia is in several spaces concurrently ( world energy powerhouse, mediator of choice for Pakistan/India nuke talks, EU darling). All of this while Mr.Putin has put back hardline communist tactics, enpowered the Red Mafia as the true power and continued a genocide/scortched Earth campaingn against Chenchenya.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Imagine what a war with Mexico, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Louisianna would be like!

Talk about a quagmire. Louisianna?
I'd sooner "take" North Vietnam than follow some of those good old boys (and gals) into the swamp.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
What do you expect when you elect, and re-elect! the cowboy awol ex-coc aine addict, potsmoking, skull & bones fratboy, ivory league wannabe, recently turned Christian, megalomaniac, oil power driven human being into President of the free world?

And so, the world will continue to snub us...

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I have to congratulate Val, this is one of the best analyses of Bush I have seen in a while, yesterday as I was listening to the news, the "sense of [Putin's] soul". I believe him.

That quote kind of got stuck on me, and I wonder if Bush is really in a crusade to get allies or to “convert” the unbelievers of his policies, it seems that Mr. Bush is “soul” seeking rather than diplomacy making.

I wonder sometimes as what is the truth intentions fo our leaders when it comes to our nations needs.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Just saw the press conference he did with Putin.

He dried up.

Man! it's embarrassing to watch when he does that. He kind of wanders of the script and just doesn't stop digging (mixed metaphor I know)

He talked the talk when he was in Bratislava but I got the impression he's actually intimidated by Putin. Putin would of got on well with his daddy them both being ex intel.

The point where Bush dried up was when press freedom was mentioned. I thought he was going to say something about Russian press freedom but then he just mumbled on and on. Putin just stood there no one helped Bush out he just kept digging.

I hope you get a chance to see it. It is embarrassing.

I know Springers views on Bush normally. Making allowences for the fact I don't hold with the guy at all, I'd say that this whole Europe trip is something neither he nor those close to him believe in. I don't like Bush but I always get the impression he does what he feels is right. He's doing all of this for other reasons that he doesn't believe in. The only time I've seen him comfortable was when he met Blair.

[edit on 24-2-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
I know Springers views on Bush normally. Making allowences for the fact I don't hold with the guy at all, I'd say that this whole Europe trip is something neither he nor those close to him believe in. I don't like Bush but I always get the impression he does what he feels is right. He's doing all of this for other reasons that he doesn't believe in. The only time I've seen him comfortable was when he met Blair.

[edit on 24-2-2005 by John bull 1]

John bull 1 has NAILED it. This is a FAKE performance. Now my nig question is WHY?

Why would the guy who usually has done what he felt was right allow himself to be put in this position?!

There is more here than meets the eye.

Oh, BTW, my "normal views" on Bush have officially CHANGED.

m...

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Gee, it seems like just about all the conservatives at this board have finally figured out that Bush isn't really a Conservative at all. It seems more like we have a middle-of-the-roader, at best, who isn't afraid of using the military.

Sandge is probably right in that we are going to see a lot more coming down the pike. Especially when the special weapon is detonated in a major city.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join