It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Digital Dyson

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Dyson is famed among those paying attention, for being a good marketer, not a particularly brilliant designer. As a result, most of his kit does not do anything particularly revolutionary, in that it uses already perfectly well understood science and engineering, to do relatively simple things, rather than doing anything massively new.

Now, I haven't done a heap of research into this digital motor stuff, but what I would say, is that motors in electrically powered contraptions are practically ALWAYS digital in some regard. Most electrical motors work by way of various parts of a machine being told whether to be on or off, according to the necessities of the task they are attempting to perform. Whether its a computer controlled axis table on a milling machine, or a hand held tool, whether its a complicated task or a relatively easy one, the motors are nearly ALWAYS digital to some degree, controlled according to ones and zeros, open or closed connections, electrons either flowing or not as is necessary to get the job done. They might switch on and off thousands of times per second, in order to get a thing spinning at tens of thousands of RPM, but its all about the ones and the zeros at the end of the day, so the terminology here is marketing guff, in all likelihood.

Check out videos by AvE (Arduino versus Evil) on YouTube, for a useful, and absolutely hilarious look up the skirts of some of Dyson's prior output, to see what I mean.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Thanks for the reply and I understand that the power regulator and stuff might be digital but that is not what they state. They are talking about a digital motor and digital motors don't exist!

I found the statement from Dyson saying: ""Dyson digital motors use digital pulse technology, spinning at up to 104,000 times a minute"...so it's a stepper motor and each pulse turns electrical power into mechanical...where the motor does anything digital is beyond me...lol

I'll go check you video suggestion out..

Peace

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   

The proper term would probably be digitally controlled, but again, that only means the exact same way that practically every other modern gadget is controlled.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   
it is cordless? to get a very good vacuum capacity it cant be cordless unless there is something about its energy source.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Damla

Why would you say that?

Suction has nothing to with where the electrical power that runs the system comes from, only how much of it is available to power a cycle of the motor and the moving parts otherwise. A cable from the wall, or a wire to a battery, it makes no difference at all, as long as the input to the motor is powerful enough to make the thing do its job.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   

I like my house clean. i used lots of different vacuum cleaners. if it is cordless and if it is making a claim of actually being a good vaccum, it did something new.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Damla

Well, the marketing seems to be working, that's for sure.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   

the best vacuum i have is the biggest one. what the guy is showing is very small and it has no cord must be using a battery of some sort which is never enough to vacuum..if they didnt do something innovative they are taking a big risk for their name.

I wouldnt call that marketing.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   
if you are making a fade away product and you want to stay in the area of your business respectfully you hardly advertise that. or it is your suicide.

you just make a good package for it and put them on the selves silently and when people buy it and it doesnt work they think it was their own fault they bought it without making a good search.
edit on 18-10-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Ha we can all agree this topic kind of suck's which made me remember something, it should make you laugh because it's a true story and I do wonder how many vacuum cleaners have also been the victim of unwanted attention.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Oh God... If Dyson has gone digital with it's vacuum cleaners...will this than lead to more #metoo stuff?

But I guess the answer still stands, can one call it a digital BJ if you use a Dyson?

Peace

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Well dyson has one advantage you only have to wash the cylinder but of course Vax got there first ha.
(Oh lord I hope this does not inspire someone to have a serious vacuum cleaner related accident).

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join