It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who wants your DNA info?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It all gets crazy when you add frequencies to the mix ....

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I won't give them my DNA because I want to remain able to convince myself that I'm ET and don't belong here with the other dumbdumbs native to this rock. I won't let them spoil my dream!

A2D

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I know it's kind of cool to know where you come from, but there is no real practical use for that. Unless you are an American senator who wants to be special. Private corporations have too much information that they use and sell for massive profits. I do my best to limit what information they have on me, and there is no way in hell any organisation or religion are having and owning the rights to my DNA sequence. If anyone ever needs my DNA for health reasons, it will be healthcare professionals bound by the Hippocratic oath.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: LSU2018

I have not broken into any houses, beat anyone up, or killed anyone. I warned my grandkids and daughter that if they got their DNA done, they can't be criminals, even the kids agreed that it was not a problem, they weren't planning on stealing or killing anyone.

Don’t break into houses, start fires, beat people up or plot murder. ( except for one guy )

The reason I wouldn’t want the government to have my DNA.

Is that I would lose control of something that is me .

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Wouldn't touch one of these with a ten foot pole...

Only a matter of time before this info is compromised. They're sharing with everyone. See this for example:

Drug giant Glaxo teams up with DNA testing company 23andMe
edit on 16-10-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

It's already happening. Corporations are now requiring blood screening not just for the workers but also for their spouses. Basically to test for nicotine, but I'm sure other things are being tested too.

Ok, to be fair, you can opt out but your health insurance will be 4x the cost.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Don’t break into houses, start fires, beat people up or plot murder.

...or serve in the US military or be a relative of someone serving in the military. Link and another.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

They can now test your DNA for the propensity of being a criminal type or malcontent. If you have ever had a blood test anywhere, the 3 letters can access your information. HIPAA....what a joke..... Designed by the insurance corps and that information is for sale, you can bet your covfefe!!

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: ausername

That sounds like a dystopian future to me. No thanks. The government are never here to help. Except help themselves.

ETA

Just out of interest, what did you already know about your ancestry before taking the test?

Quite a bit of it but I thought I'd have more German DNA than 17%. I knew my last name was originally from Southern Germany in the Baden-Baden area, and my dad's great great grandfather came here from Ireland in the early 1800's and settled in Pennsylvania. I knew from my mom's side that my other half came here in the late 1600's/early 1700's from Britain and eventually settled in Altamont, TN in the mid 1800's. But most of that was because my mom researched her family tree. You can look at the Wikipedia page for Altamont, TN and you'll read about General Adrian Northcutt, he was my 4th or 5th great grandfather. His father, John Northcutt, is how I was able to join the Sons of the American Revolution since he fought in it.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I'm not giving my DNA unless they demand it. That whole serial killer thing scares me. I have no idea what I have done in my sleep but more importantly, what my crazy family may have done. Then again, they may combine our DNA with some Nephilim Beast. I am sure they are close to that tech already if not already there.

Then there is the whole framing you for all kinds of stuff. They have your DNA. Whos to say they can't synthesize it right now? I am just some random guy but that is one lottery I would probably win..

There are all kinds of crazy things swimming around in my head on this subject.

Man I love ATS.. I can just unload without judgement..

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Haha, I had my fair share of fights until my early 20's (I'm 39 now) but never anything that got me arrested. I never stole anything or broke any other law though. I thought about getting each of my kids a 23andMe kit but they're between 10 and 16 so I'm gonna wait a little while longer. I want them to appreciate the results like I did.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder

Oh crap.. A little after dinner video. I will be down this rabbit hole tonight I guess!

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MetalChickAmy

I don't think they can do anything with it. I have a very interesting family history that's been traced back to the 1500's so I wanted to see what my ancestry looked like.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Scifi2424

I work with my wife from 7 to 5, pick my youngest son up from daycare, then go home. It's the same exact routine day in and day out. They better have a REAL good story if they're gonna frame me.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Try to catch the drool of the dog or cat and substitute it for one of the kids samples without telling the kid. When he finds out he is half beagle he may start acting more human.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MetalChickAmy

Well said. I'm of the same mind. I have a distant relative who has been bugging me to have the test done, even offering to pay for it. I said "No Thanks" many times and explained to him that I've already had medical testing done---not corporate testing. I couldn't figure out why he was so insistent until a long conversation with him recently revealed that he's a flaming racist. He is actually trying to figure out which line of the family has the "purest" blood---that being the Swedish line. Sadly, I had to tell him just how "tainted" my line is with the Native American and Chinese grandmothers in there with the white Europeans.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

As long as he doesn't go all Hurrshty Burrshty on you it should be fine. Avoid IKEA.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Who wants your DNA info?

Wait til fascistbook and twitler add it to their site.

And dating sites. Then people could see what their future kids would look like and what diseases they might have.

At that point, Orwell would be shown to be a rank amateur.
edit on 16-10-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: crayzeed

I believe you forgot something. When DNA is able to display the likelihood for certain folk to be more statistically liable to get certain diseases than other folk, health insurance costs will go through the roof. From what I read on ATS, that's not something that needs to happen in the US because the prices there are sky high already.

I think they can do that now.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scifi2424

originally posted by: MetalThunder

Oh crap.. A little after dinner video. I will be down this rabbit hole tonight I guess!

I keep getting errors whenever I try to view this video or anything related to it on the web (outside of Youtube as well). what the heck, this looked juicy!

<< 1    3  4 >>

join