It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who wants your DNA info?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
What if the evil powers that be are just creating a show so more people get their
DNA sequenced.

In the last two years i've seen an extraordinary push to have more and more people do a DNA test.
I seriously wonder with all the press on Elizabeth Warren, now Lindsey Graham getting in on it, is it all part of a push?
I've seen it being touted as a great Christmas gift, which makes me wonder about the timing of everything coming out.

How many people wonder what they really have in them? They are just one little innocent test away from finding out.
I bet 23 & me, Ancestry etc, and companies like that have their sales through the roof right now!

The question is how can DNA data stay private, every sequence is totally unique, so it's not like it can ever be totally private.
I'm naturally a conspiracy theorist, but this topic in particular really bugs me.

www.businessinsider.com...

Another privacy concern is the possibility that your DNA could get shared with other companies without your consent. 23andMe and Ancestry both have research partnerships with pharmaceutical companies that explore things like the genetics of aging, psychiatric disorders, or lupus.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
If they want a DNA sample, they're going to have to buy me dinner and drinks first.

I may be easy but I'm not cheap.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Yeah gotta have at least one date.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I'm pretty sure I remember a few years ago there was some court ruling about these DNA results.

I think once sequenced, these companies own the trademark/patent on your DNA.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

So you're saying that the government wants to get into my genes.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I've mainly been joking about all this
DNA non sense. but I do think
It's a little weird that its being
Talked about alot.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Why does it bother you so much?
What do you think they're going to do with the information if they have it?

I have to say that as part of a work project I did my DNA test through 23 & Me and it was awesome! I was so surprised and thrilled with the results! It also let me down a path of historical research in an effort to educate myself on key wars and mass migrations that could have led to my specific DNA.

Anyway, I think it's cool. Also, I worked for the FED at the time and they had all the information they wanted on me with or without the test lol!

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

They are keeping a special folder for all those who have ET DNA above a certain threshold. It will be used to either (1) kill everyone on the list and eradicate that DNA from humans from this point forward, or (2) spare all of those on the list from the eventual culling.

You don't have to personally get tested if enough of your relatives do, maybe a good topic for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.

Disclaimer: My actual knowledge of this has not been approved by any government agency.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Nice train of thought, its hard to keep up with the snipshow that is US polotics, last week it was some guy kava whatsit, now ford and heritage, next week some other non entity but if we believe in our inner conspiracy radar which is that ALL politicians feed from the same trough and ALL their snip stinks, then could this be the agreed mantra they are trying to implement

With the connection to DARPA and facebook, which then happily gathered identity's and then traded to make $$££ while holding no moral fibre, most of todays zombiles would give personal data just to use an APP, i have many a time rejected an app on phone or tablet as it wishes to "collect other data",irrelevant to the working of the APP.

DNA is unique to each of us, except OJ and a bucket load of cash, therefore these sites such as Ancestry must be loving people giving them money and their DNA, the paranoia (sci fi movie overload also) kicks in with what could then be achieved with this level of information, wanna frame someone for murder, we got ya DNA, wanna clone someones iris, give them a Samsung phone, because we all want to use that level of security, just to unlock a phone.

Strange times, along with todays announcment that Little doubt’ UK will face life-threatening cyberattack

Information highway we are all just data now

0110100100100100110 + 01101010010010 =

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Oh my, you still don't get it.
The primary reason they want your DNA is to slot you into the Worlds Family tree. I hope you realise, if you check, ancestry et al is run by the Mormons. They are building a World family tree.
Now what can they do with it. Firstly, when you "give" them your DNA sequence you give up the right to its privacy. They then share it with (here's the bit that's going to kick you in the teeth) law enforcement people and others. That means any crime anywhere in the world, if DNA found, they can link you or any of your relatives to the said crime. So that's not just you. Can you guarantee that any of your relatives will not commit a crime?
Then there's geneticists. You think they are honourable people? Think again. Sooner or later they are going to decide just who has children and who does not. If it happens that in your past your relatives had inherited a gene with a defect that will cost heavy health care. No fault of your own because your ancestors have this defected gene, but you WILL be stopped from having children.
This and more is coming, Pandora's Box is open and you can't shut it.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
They collect every other bit of information they can.

Why would DNA be a exception.
edit on 16-10-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

I believe you forgot something. When DNA is able to display the likelihood for certain folk to be more statistically liable to get certain diseases than other folk, health insurance costs will go through the roof. From what I read on ATS, that's not something that needs to happen in the US because the prices there are sky high already.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I am not worried about anyone having my data. If insurance companies want to raise rates because of genetic snps and gensets, they are deceiving people. Just because you have the genetics for a disease doesn't mean you will ever get it. If you eat things you cannot properly metabolize because of the genetics effect on enzyme proteins or amounts of enzymes being inadequate, then you will get the disease. Knowing your genes can let you avoid the hereditary diseases from getting hold, we need to eat foods our bodies can properly metabolize. The foods people are eating now causes more disease than anything, simple food chemistry that most people can eat can cause problems for someone who has a different ancestry because the genetics have adapted differently. We cannot eat everything, spices might be needed for one individual but cause illness in another. If you have an autoimmune susceptibility like Lupus, you sure do not want to start consuming a lot of calcium or vitamin D. Calcium channels power many autoimmune diseases.

I think the people who are running our nations nutrition should do more research so they can understand how they are making people sick.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Someday future databases will have everything on every individual, perhaps including DNA.

Imagine the possibilities, they can possibly someday identify who is likely to suffer medical conditions, psychological conditions, propensity for violence... etc etc.

Then the almighty AIs can create the perfect human populations by weeding out the undesirables.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Oh?! I just give a DNA sample to 23 And Me and they can tell me if I am an Indian Princess or King or Duke or whatever? Here!

Now tell me if I am royalty!

A: You are royally screwed! "Anonymous" DNA big data analysis is not. You will be tagged and numbered. Heck, they already own you from the cradle to just past the grave. Why not figure out the stock they have on hand? Know which to breed. Which ones are sickly. Which need to be culled. Oh, and you are going to gladly pay for it too!

All because you need to be special.

#WhiteBreadTheNewBrown

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I had mine tested through 23andMe. They have all those programs but you have to volunteer the information to them. They DO tell you it'll help them better find other DNA relatives for you though. This is my makeup.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

That sounds like a dystopian future to me. No thanks. The government are never here to help. Except help themselves.

ETA
a reply to: LSU2018

Just out of interest, what did you already know about your ancestry before taking the test? Did the results agree with what you knew?
edit on 16/10/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I am not worried about anyone having my data. If insurance companies want to raise rates because of genetic snps and gensets, they are deceiving people. Just because you have the genetics for a disease doesn't mean you will ever get it. If you eat things you cannot properly metabolize because of the genetics effect on enzyme proteins or amounts of enzymes being inadequate, then you will get the disease. Knowing your genes can let you avoid the hereditary diseases from getting hold, we need to eat foods our bodies can properly metabolize. The foods people are eating now causes more disease than anything, simple food chemistry that most people can eat can cause problems for someone who has a different ancestry because the genetics have adapted differently. We cannot eat everything, spices might be needed for one individual but cause illness in another. If you have an autoimmune susceptibility like Lupus, you sure do not want to start consuming a lot of calcium or vitamin D. Calcium channels power many autoimmune diseases.

I think the people who are running our nations nutrition should do more research so they can understand how they are making people sick.

Same. I don't mind if my DNA is announced. Hell I'll show them my DNA.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I have not broken into any houses, beat anyone up, or killed anyone. I warned my grandkids and daughter that if they got their DNA done, they can't be criminals, even the kids agreed that it was not a problem, they weren't planning on stealing or killing anyone.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Instead of looking at the now, I wonder where it's all going? There are already huge data sumps drawing in everyone's online communications, searches, whereabouts. Add in biometric data that fleshes out the WWW metadata and now we're increasing all the genomic metadata which takes it all to another level.

It's a weapon that can be used for good or ill and the sides aren't clear.

Since the UK and US banned whistleblowing we'll never see it coming and won't know the half of it when it gets here.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join