It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Do Ideas Come From

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
In back to the future the idea for the flux capacitor came from a dream. In-spiration seems weird to me the longer I think about it the weirder it gets. Especially if we talk about true novelty.
I can see how one invention builds up on the one before. But to come up with something truly new, that's just amazing.
Most people who write, make music, paint,... all those creative arts make things kind of like X but slightly different. Just every now and then there is one who is just so out of his own middle it is truly new for everyone around that person.
Have you ever accomplished something that deserved the label "novelty"? How did you do that? Did it come to you in a dream or staring into nothing? Where does inspiration come from?

I wish I had a theory if you have one, please share. If not state your thoughts anyways maybe we can figure this out together?

edit on 16-10-2018 by Peeple because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
In back to the future the idea for the flux capacitor came from a dream. In-spiration seems weird to me the longer I think about it the weirder it gets. Especially if we talk about true novelty.
I can see how one invention builds up on the one before. But to come up with something truly new, that's just amazing.
Most people who write make music, paint,... all those creative arts make things kind of like X but slightly different. Just every now and then there is one who is just so out of his own middle it is truly new for everyone around that person.
Have you ever accom9lished something that deserved the label "novelty"? How did you do that? Did it come to you in a dream or staring into nothing? Where does inspiration come from?

I wish I had a theory if you have one, please share. If not state your thoughts anyways maybe we can figure this out together?

Everything that ever existed, and that which does exist now, including that which is yet to....comes from the greater cosmic all, the akashic record...and the universes themselves.

Nothing is new. The saying to emphasize. this is: "The child...is father....to the man".

Contemplate that for a bit...

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The ability to correlate certain life experiences some times creates a unique idea from a unique life.

a reply to: Peeple

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

necessity. Its the mother of invention.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

So you're basically saying the inspiration comes from the metaphysical universe? Or akashic records?
Because the time is ripe for certain inventions?

link   
a reply to: Athetos

or just of thought about what to cook for dinner.

link   
Good artists copy. Great artists steal.
-Pablo Picasso

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Interesting thread topic.

I’ve often wondered about the mind and where it gets its ideas from. Are some minds more open to suggestions from the spiritual realms ? Can great inventors and scientists be influenced by outside sources ? Can evil doers who think of malicious acts be influenced by the spiritual realms ?

I’ve even thought about a day where government entities will own your ideas , and your mind will be considered an asset , which they will use , as they see fit. ( This already happens in some communist countries)

The human body and spirit is very complex, and intertwined. It will be interesting to read some of the replies in this thread.
edit on 16-10-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

And the "new" aspect is only for the witness outside of those experiences?

a reply to: Sillyolme

Yes, I get that, build up from previous inventions or necessity, but what about truly new ideas? Are there any at all?

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

That's a great quote, I never heard that before. But wasn't Pablo into cubism? Someone was the first to start that style without someone to steal from.

a reply to: Sheye

Glad you like the topic. China has Great issues with creativity, they don't have much novelty in their science and arts. Which makes me wonder if that comes from the fact that they lack a lot of freedoms?

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Ideas come from thinking laterally. Ideas come to furation by thinking criticality .

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

You'll have to expand on that. I don't get what you're saying? Are you saying it's just a matter of changing perspective, new approach = new idea?

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I think a lot of the new ideas come from stronger magnification.........how nature works it's magic is seen and replicated at a larger level.
Also ideas just appear out of thin air......when the mind is not thinking at all.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Exactly that is what is so astonishing "out of thin air" from dreams, from nothing. How?

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

You'll have to expand on that. I don't get what you're saying? Are you saying it's just a matter of changing perspective, new approach = new idea?

Dreamers come up with the ideas. Doers work out the bugs and finish them.

Dyslexics think laterally more than most others.

Steve Jobs ( dyslexic ) came up with the idea . Steve Wozniak finished it .

A lot of dyslexics, like Apple founder Steve Jobs, are highly intelligent, even gifted. "We're learning that individuals with dyslexia tend to have strengths in other areas, in creativity and imagination. ... Spielberg dealt with his dyslexia, which he says was not diagnosed until five years ago, by making movies.Sep 28, 2012

abcnews.go.com...

edit on 16-10-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

U need to find out the origins of things to figure that out. Do we know the origins of anything? Or just believe everything that is told to us? What was the first thought ever? I believe most of ideas come from nature. inspiration comes from surrounding enviornment.
edit on 16-10-2018 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

So the secret is lack of education? Less indoctrination is the key to novelty?

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ElOmen

"Can I eat that?" probably the first thought. Fear of getting sick when trying something new. Strong motivations hunger and fear and convenience.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

You’re mistaking dyslexic for dumb . That usually happens when someone judges them by their grammar.

Take a look at this list of famous dyslexics. Businessman, architects, artist/sculptures and inventors which are all creative fields .

www.dyslexia.com...

I’m not saying dyslexics come up with all the ideas. But they shoulder a large role .

BTW I would bet my house that Donald Trump is dyslexic .

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Less education doesn't equal dumb for me, just like I said less indoctrination. I thought that was clear?

<<   2  3 >>

join