It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White woman blocks black man from going into his home -Inspirational

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Oki have to post here in agreement with one4all, i myself recently worked as a reception area concierge for a large accomodation building with 230 tenants, this was for almost four years.
Now with so many tenants and guests/friends i often have had to ask people for I.D. Who enter building, for a variety of reasons.
They could tailgate their way in, they could look suspicious, recent thefts from building may require regular I.D. checks even if you live there.
If i come to you asking for this I.D. And you flatly refuse and im concerned for security of building and other tenants, i am given authority by the building manager to call the police to your flat for what is deemed unauthorized entry into the building. Even tho you may well live there.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Rhombus101

I don't think anyone would have a problem providing a concierge or security personnel their id or key fob. I do have a problem providing a random stranger one. There is a big big difference.
I also think there is a vast difference in how apartments are handled in the US vs the UK or other places in the world.

In the US, you are given a swipe card, that's it. You either have one or you don't. If this building has security issues, then they should hire a security guard. It should not be up to individual people to decide who looks "sketchy" or worthy or whatever else they come up with.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rhombus101
Oki have to post here in agreement with one4all, i myself recently worked as a reception area concierge for a large accomodation building with 230 tenants, this was for almost four years.
Now with so many tenants and guests/friends i often have had to ask people for I.D. Who enter building, for a variety of reasons.
They could tailgate their way in, they could look suspicious, recent thefts from building may require regular I.D. checks even if you live there.
If i come to you asking for this I.D. And you flatly refuse and im concerned for security of building and other tenants, i am given authority by the building manager to call the police to your flat for what is deemed unauthorized entry into the building. Even tho you may well live there.

but the one4all does not work as a concierge.
he has no authority to anything

he is just a cowboy tough guy that lays down demands and people BETTER comply or he will READ THEIR LEASE out loud and get them EVICTED

major difference

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Bitxushanty

To be clear, I do not mean to imply that you are the "awful lady". I am simply stating Portugal has its own very real and recent racial concerns, as in my link.

If you want to say that conditions you see are not as dire as reported, then the same can be said here.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm in a position to see how this issue is handled at plenty of apartment complexes here in the US. They tell people not to let anyone in whom they do not know unless they have proper keycards or codes. It's in their newsletters written by complex staff. That sort of implies that if you don't know someone and they don't have a means of access on their own, it's up to you to prevent them from entry.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Rhombus101

but the one4all does not work as a concierge.
he has no authority to anything

he is just a cowboy tough guy that lays down demands and people BETTER comply or he will READ THEIR LEASE out loud and get them EVICTED

major difference

Are you STILL all hot and bothered that some people will ask you to follow rules and who will follow up lawfully if you do not .Are you an Anarchist of some type by chance?...lol.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

Are you STILL all hot and bothered that some people will ask you to follow rules and who will follow up lawfully if you do not .Are you an Anarchist of some type by chance?...lol.

not hot and bothered all
amused and entertained that there are people like you out there that are so #ing kick ass that they demand to see peoples papers if they decide they are sketchy even though you have zero authority to do so.
even better that you are so tough if a person does not comply to your demands you will get really really mad and call the police on them......

its fantastic.
best thread i have been in in quite some time all thanks to you.

i got a lot of laughs at your expense today.
through reading how other people responded to you and through telling people at work what this internet tough guy claims to do.
everyone had great fun at your expense.

please continue. its amazing

and you didnt say you ask people to follow the rules
you went all charlie bronson and laid out exactly how you DEMAND and then ran DOWN the list of THINGS you would DO including TAKE it as far as YOU can with the LAW!!!!!!!

its great.

anything else to say that i can chastise you with?

(post by one4all removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by one4all removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
a reply to: one4all

You would get buried in Texas.

You would get buried in Alberta.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Krakatoa

If that's her job? Absolutely. Once he's proven he lives there, which he did. It's over. Anything else is harassment.

See, in shared apartment complexes, you are not supposed to allow access to people who do not live there or are not accompanied by someone who lives there. It is the duty of every tenant to follow those simple rules. Else, someone gets let in that should not be there and bad things happen.

In this case, once he showed his key fob/card, and proved it worked in the door, she should have backed off. I have, in past even pulled the door closed while explaining to them why I was doing that. They usually get pissed, but too bad. I'm not going to be the one to let someone in, have them rob or hurt someone in the building, only to find I was the one that allowed that to happen. Then, I could be tossed out of the building and lose my residence.

However, if the person either proved they have access via key/card, then come on in, and I will hold the door for you.

You are normal...awesome....this is correct, you are a good Neighbor and Stakeholder.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 16-10-2018 by CADpro because: maybe rude

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

it's up to you to prevent them from entry.

Nothing could go wrong there..eh?

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: JAGStorm

Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm in a position to see how this issue is handled at plenty of apartment complexes here in the US. They tell people not to let anyone in whom they do not know unless they have proper keycards or codes. It's in their newsletters written by complex staff. That sort of implies that if you don't know someone and they don't have a means of access on their own, it's up to you to prevent them from entry.

i would love to see one of those letters

i would imagine the extent of it might say dont let someone in if they do not have a card. as in do not let them in on your wipe.

you all are taking that as en entire different meaning.

but i could be wrong

but since it is so common at so many places i would love to see an example of it

thanks

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

If they try to get in or ask you to let them in and you don't know them, you aren't supposed to let them in or let them follow you in.

If they have a means of access, then clearly it should be obvious they belong there.

So, if I was going into my scholarship house and some person came up and asked me to let them in, I would say no. They either had the code to let themselves in or they could darn well call in for someone who knew them to come let them in, but I wasn't going to let them in.

This is the exact same message I see repeated in newsletter after newsletter.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: TinySickTears

If they try to get in or ask you to let them in and you don't know them, you aren't supposed to let them in or let them follow you in.

If they have a means of access, then clearly it should be obvious they belong there.

So, if I was going into my scholarship house and some person came up and asked me to let them in, I would say no. They either had the code to let themselves in or they could darn well call in for someone who knew them to come let them in, but I wasn't going to let them in.

This is the exact same message I see repeated in newsletter after newsletter.

so not like dude is saying.
not DEMANDING to see cause someone LOOKS sketchy and all that

pretty much what i said

dont let them in om your swipe

nothing in the newsletter about acting like charles bronson then?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join