It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cherokee Nation Issues Statement Regarding Sen. Warren

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

originally posted by: Tanga36
a reply to: mysterioustranger

And that is a travesty, in my opinion. So much evidence was lost because of that. I only have the familial stories about my dad's grandmother to go by and very little trail to help me sniff out her heritage. I've only been able to make calculated guesses regarding where she came from and what her story is.

contact me privately about genealogy questions...I may be able to advise...am in touch with several tribal nation leaders and a professional geneologist

As an interesting (to me) aside...

My mother's side of the family is predominantly Cherokee/Hopi. Of the few grandparents and family members that have taken DNA testing, it appears that our Hopi side has a maternal haplogroup of H1f. I have the same haplogroup.

Would that support the family stories that somewhere in our Hopi background there is the possibility of Spanish intermingling?

Sorry for going off the reservation with the question, but genealogy has never been my forte.

Not my forte per se either, so I defer to my geneologist friend (professional)...tribal elders, leaders and Shaman...

I do know the Hopi have some Hispanic interbreeding going back 5-600 yrs.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

And that is a travesty, in my opinion. So much evidence was lost because of that. I only have the familial stories about my dad's grandmother to go by and very little trail to help me sniff out her heritage. I've only been able to make calculated guesses regarding where she came from and what her story is.

contact me privately about genealogy questions...I may be able to advise...am in touch with several tribal nation leaders and a professional geneologist

My mother's side of the family is predominantly Cherokee/Hopi. Of the few grandparents and family members that have taken DNA testing, it appears that our Hopi side has a maternal haplogroup of H1f. I have the same haplogroup.

Would that support the family stories that somewhere in our Hopi background there is the possibility of Spanish intermingling?

Sorry for going off the reservation with the question, but genealogy has never been my forte.

Not my forte per se either, so I defer to my geneologist friend (professional)...tribal elders, leaders and Shaman...

Since that silly Pueblo incident, yes... lol

Sorry to have bugged you about it. We have that and a pesky "unassigned DNA" part to our Hopi side that I guess I'll eventually figure out.

Thanks for your time!

edit on 16-10-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Since that silly Pueblo incident, yes... lol

Sorry to have bugged you about it. We have that and a pesky "unassigned DNA" part to our Hopi side that I guess I'll eventually figure out.

Thanks for your time!

Anytime...all things are related, in this world and the next!

Any how-to-find's geneological advice you need to ask..feel free to p.m. me

Peace

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I saw "Unto These Hills" as a child visiting North Carolina with my family in the 60s. I literally cried I was so sad about the story. The Cherokees are beautiful people with a truly drmatic history. The "Trail of Tears" is a stain of our Americn history.
edit on 16-10-2018 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Tanga36

why does their opinion matter? DNA doesnt lie.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

face it everything trump says has an element of creepyness in it. Hes just icky.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

congrats.. I have a jeep too. It also says its a Cherokee but its not white its navy blue.

Is there a point you are making?
I dont name my vehicles but sometimes I call them names.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: LSU2018

congrats.. I have a jeep too. It also says its a Cherokee but its not white its navy blue.

Is there a point you are making?
I dont name my vehicles but sometimes I call them names.

I think his point was that Elisabeth Warren is a lying racist and stupid too.

Lyin' Liz
edit on 16-10-2018 by MRinder because: Add info

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Well DNA could prove heritage to any tribe all you need is samples to compare it with.
Can't believe they this far behind on building their database...

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Right not in America but I remember this little story about the time the Native tribes gathered together and invoked a forbidden ritual a dark form of the ghost dance and tried to get all the evil spirit's to drive the white man back, they were told that in time the white race WOULD be rolled back but you know how it goes make a deal with the devil and lose your own soul.

So the white men that will be driven back will actually be the descendant's of the very people whom made this dark deal, think on that.

Of course if the Great all spirit and sky father is also Yahweh and they betrayed him to make this dark pact then it will probably fail if it is against his plan.

edit on 16-10-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

Perhaps she was just "early" for the new boston tea party?
She was going to lead Mass dems in throwing crates of MAGA hats into boston harbor?

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Liberals simply dont care what real Native Indians think.

What, and Conservative, Republican right-wingers do?

I haven't got a horse in this race but come on....the truth is no-one really gives a # what Native Americans want or think or what their best interest are unless it aligns with their own agenda's.

As an aside; I'd guess Senator Warren has at least as much Cherokee DNA in her blood as the vast majority of so-called Irish-Americans have Irish DNA in their blood.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

oh warren isn't related to bono?
wasn't that what her results showed?

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

That's gotta hurt,right? As if it ain't bad enough, the people you want to use for whatever reason speak up and say "hell NO you ain't".

Not shocked. Not about her ancestry but about her flippant use of a claim to something she had no right to. Why people try to claim dubious ancestry is beyond me.
edit on 16-10-2018 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I guess its possible to be related to both.....many other Americans claim to be related to Bono, or Bobby Sands or Michael Collins....possibly even Daniel O'Donnell.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It seems to me this has actually backfired on her.

People forget, but I'm sure will be reminded of the other elements to this story. The directory that listed her as Native American she did not correct. The statement from Harvard that she was the first person of color to receive tenure. The old video of her talking about it and how her parents could not get married for a couple of years because one of the families would not allow their child to marry a Native American. Not to mention the cookbook she collaborated on.

I think she poked herself in the eye with this. Not in the case of partisans who don't actually care, they just support her because she has a "D" added to her name, but those who decide elections. It will haunt her if she runs for President and no doubt she intends to do just that.

Politics really does have a lot of entertainment value.

Were I a Native American I'd be very much offended by Warren.
edit on 10/16/2018 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Who said it was supposed to determine which tribe? Her mom told her growing up that she was part whatever tribe, right? So the DNA test proved that she did have NA lineage, thereby supporting her family claim.

It's like if I saw one of you shoot somebody with a revolver and later the cops found gunpowder residue on your hand. The residue test supports my claim and proves you shot a gun recently, not what type of gun.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Oh bravo!

😂

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Warren is self destructing on Twitter, she has tweeted
over 20 times about her DNA test that proves she is not
a Native American Indian....its sad to watch.

It's like she is literally losing her mind.

And she shut off comments to your You Tube video.

Only a matter of time, she is done, might as well
put a fork in her potus run.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join