It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honduras "Caravan" should be stopped by any means necessary, Trump threatens aid money

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Are you #ed up in the head. You think people looking for a better life should be shot on site?

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

Sad part is, for a half ass OP, it gets more stars and flags than many threads with big stories and even bigger implications.

It really shows that the members have been hyper politicized.

Any "antifa" thread will get tons of hits, and if you look into it a lot of times it's just ragtag protesters.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

Are you #ed up in the head. You think people looking for a better life should be shot on site?

Don’t be ridiculous. Of course they shouldn’t be shot. We should just carpet bomb their asses.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The US sends millions of dollars to many countries but specifically in Latin America, I am looking at just a few that have a high rate of immigrants in the USA.

The figures below are from: explorer.usaid.gov...

Venezuela

2014 6.2M
2015 7.3M
2016 10M
2017 11M
2018 4.4M to date

Total in 4.5 years 38.9M

Mexico

2014 225M
2015 333M
2016 181M
2017 291M
2018 28M to date

Total in 4.5 years 1,058,000,000B

Honduras

2014 69M
2015 133.5M
2016 127.5M
2017 175M
2018 53M to date

Total in 4.5 years 558,000,000M

Guatemala

2014 142M
2015 146M
2016 177M
2017 229.4M
2018 77M to date

Total in 4.5 years 771,400,000M

Columbia

2014 448M
2015 708.6M
2016 415M
2017 362M
2018 88M to date

Total in 4.5 years 2,021,600,000B

Brazil

2014 25M
2015 20M
2016 21M
2017 21M
2018 8.6M

Total in 4.5 years 173,000,000M

Total distribution for the last 4.5 years to the above 6 countries $4,620,900,000

Latin America is home to just 8 percent of the world's population, but 33 percent of its homicides. In fact, just four countries in the region — Brazil, Colombia, Mexico and Venezuela — account for a quarter of all the murders on Earth. Of the 20 countries in the world with the highest murder rates, 17 are Latin American, as are 43 of the top 50 cities.

***SNIP***

More than a third of all Latin Americans reported being a victim of violent crime in 2016, according to the report. In some countries, like Venezuela and Mexico, nearly half of the population suffered a violent crime in the last year.

Violent crime is not a new problem in Latin America. But the numbers in the Igarapé Institute's latest report suggest a crisis that has gone unaddressed for far too long.
www.washingtonpost.com... d34bb245e800

So not only are we sending these countries millions and billions of dollars, we are also supporting illegal immigrants within our country to the tune of currently reported of 113-116,000,000,000B a year.

Maybe we should quit funding these countries completely and only fund the illegal immigrants within our borders. Or, quit funding the illegal immigrants and only fund these countries.

I think Trump should reconsider funding to all countries that have high crime rates and high emigration of it's citizens. The cost of both are increasing by large amounts and throwing money at them doesn't seem to resolve anything.

I just know that while there are US citizens that are homeless, have no medical care or coverage and are hungry, mentally ill, and or have opioid use issues, and can't afford college education, we owe it to them first. When we have the needy in this country taken care of, only then should we be sending some of the over 50 Billion in aid a year to other countries. But especially so in countries that aren't taking care of their own people and seem to be unable to curb violence in any manner we need to re-think our aid packages.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

I don't think any reasonable person doesn't recognise that there are serious issues that need addressing.

But I think Comrade Burns solution in the OP is particularly unpalatable and consistent with his apparent bloodthirst.

Its obvious that the USA can not continue with current policies.
Large numbers of immigrants and massive contributions to source nations.

I don't have any magical answers....but I do know the OP's solution and the tone of his posts only serve to do more damage to America's reputation outside of the USA.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
We should just carpet bomb their asses.

Carpet bomb?!?!?!?

Lightweight.

We should use toe poppers, punji pits and Debbie Wasserman's voice cranked to 11.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Seems unlikely. I wonder how many hundreds, if not thousands, of people have died in that desert trying to get here...

If that doesn't deter 'em, I doubt that would.

Detain, and deport. Or just stop 'em at the border.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

It's October, and the desert isn't quite so bloody hot, that makes travel a bit easier.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: queenofswords

It's October, and the desert isn't quite so bloody hot, that makes travel a bit easier.

So it's just a "coincidence" that they do this 3 weeks before a midterm election.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
These illegals could simply POOF disappear the second they cross the border. Not separated from mommie illegal or uncle illegal or set up at the border control lavish Hilton oasis. They just disappear and no body knows a GD thing. It never happened.

So Jose calls American Police to report his entire family didn't make it across the border illegally and never checked in or called...nothing. What are the Police supposed to do?

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Is it?

I don't claim to know. I do know, however, that deserts are cooler in the fall. Other than that, your guess is as good as mine.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Is it?

I don't claim to know. I do know, however, that deserts are cooler in the fall. Other than that, your guess is as good as mine.

*Looks around to make sure he's still on a conspiracy site*

Yeah, it's a conspiracy.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   

TRUMP SAID NO: The Guatemalan Police Just Arrested The Honduran Politician Leading The 3000 Midterm Migrants Political Stunt

www.reuters.com...

(Reuters) - The organizer of a caravan of hundreds of migrants traveling north on foot from Honduras was detained Tuesday morning in Guatemala, according to a Reuters witness.

Three Guatemalan police officers zeroed in on Bartolo Fuentes, a former lawmaker in the Honduran Congress, detaining him from the midst of a crowd of several hundred people that he and three other Hondurans had led from San Pedro Sula, Honduras, since Saturday, bound for Mexico.

edit on 16-10-2018 by GrandePoobah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Last time I looked, yes, it is!

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I have a simple solution that will make everyone happy!

We will have all registered Democrats house the migrants in their homes!

Win Win

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
www.foxnews.com...

A "caravan" of foreign invaders, not the first of its time, consisting of thousands of foreign nationals intent on breaching our Sovereignty is actively heading for the United States.

These squatting trespassers aren't wanted here.

They must be stopped. Trump should deploy the Marines with orders to shoot on sight ANY foreign enemy target attempting to breach our sovereignty and attack our economy. This must end immediately, without delay or discussion.

Maybe if US had not meddled so much back then this would not be happening? There could be another option, go fix what the US caused in the first place, then migration ends, why is that not an option? And even i bet it would be cheaper than send troops that will just cause more harm and then more people raising up to ask for their lives back and go look for what has been taken from them. Logic should be simple, somehow is not

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BoneSay

Taking responsibility for our actions is out of the question.

We absolutely will not take rational steps towards solving this problem, end of story!

(I agree with your sentiments completely by the way)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Send them all to the Canadian border Justin Trudeau said he will except them. I like to see if JT will put his money where his mouth is .

Edit;

Never mind he already changed his mind.

www.theguardian.com...

How do you except someone? Is that like accepting them?

Excepting someone sounds a bit sinister to me........

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: CADpro
These illegals could simply POOF disappear the second they cross the border.

What is the disappearance method?

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

YES! Shoot everyone!!!!!

I love it, lock and load mofos, the war is on.

U one of them softy wussy skinny pant wearing half boy type?

Forget shooting , whatz we needs here is a nuclear bomb drop at the borders to let them know we mean business.

Its the only sane rational solution

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join