It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honduras "Caravan" should be stopped by any means necessary, Trump threatens aid money

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Maybe fake one's, you know like psych tatics.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I personally don't look for excuses...
Hmm I said to much. (Shifts eyes)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: RadioRobert
They are certainly entitled to due to process. They aren't entitled to illegally live in the country before seeking it.

Well, you cannot extradite anyone before they get due process so they, by default, end up staying until the legal process runs its course.

Well, if you come here violating Federal immigration laws and actively avoid due process until it is forced on you by the deportation process, you are "gaming the system." Masking them all as "refugees/assylum-seekers" who are seeking "due process" when the vast majority are not doing either only plays to the emotive.

I don't have a problem with birders, they're an odd bunch with a strange hobby, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

It's for the birds
edit on 16-10-2018 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Well, if you come here violating Federal immigration laws and actively avoie due process until it is forced on you by the deportation process, you are "gaming the system." Masking them all as "refugees/assylum-seekers" who are seeking "due process" when the vast majority are not doing either only plays to the emotive.

Either way, once you're here the legal system has to run its course.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Sure, but I don't think you should get bonus points for skipping out on seeking due process while abroad to apply and instead evading federal law until you get caught/detained. It seems to me if you actively avoid asking for due process as a refugee, you aren't that confident in your own status.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Your proposal?

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
they can't do that at the embassy?

It's a popular misconception that embassies and consulates are 'foreign soil', they are not. The Vienna Convention only guarantees 'immunity' for the property located there, i.e., the building, not the property it is located on which still belongs to the host country.

thanks,
and my wife thinks all I do here is argue with "invisible people". Hell, I lernt sumthin.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
thanks,
and my wife thinks all I do here is argue with "invisible people". Hell, I lernt sumthin.

I'm totally invisible, just like all your friends.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
www.foxnews.com...

A "caravan" of foreign invaders, not the first of its time, consisting of thousands of foreign nationals intent on breaching our Sovereignty is actively heading for the United States.

These squatting trespassers aren't wanted here.

They must be stopped. Trump should deploy the Marines with orders to shoot on sight ANY foreign enemy target attempting to breach our sovereignty and attack our economy. This must end immediately, without delay or discussion.

Oh, you're so wrong. I invited them here. Told them they could camp out on your lawn, hope that'll be ok with you, but I already sent the invite. So...

OT: Really only selfish idiots do not want them here. I am all for it, we're a melting pot after-all! Maybe the people back at stormfront would value this kind of post more.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

My proposal is that if you choose to actively avoid seeking refugee status before coming here or seek asylum once here, we get to skip seeking status in the deportation process and are subject to expedited removal which has already been deemed Constitutional. You're more than welcome to apply for your due process at the embassy when you get back home, but are no longer eligible for visa programs outside of refugee status unless you choose voluntary deportation.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

They are certainly entitled to due to process. They aren't entitled to illegally live in the country before seeking it.

I'm all for expanding the work visa and legal residency programs. I'm against open birders and uncontrolled immigration.

I think the reason you are not seeing any movement on this border wall and crack down on immigrants is that the Koch brothers (and the Federalist Society) don't really want to loose the cheap deregulated labor... They whip all the conservatives up because they know the liberals will fight them, but ultimately the whole neoliberal economic system (trickle down, deregulation, low taxes, you guys DID know you were neoliberal right?) rests on cheap labor and thus fuzzy borders.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

That can be circumvented by the person then asking to seek asylum which creates a backlog of processing. Better to run the system normally so we don't create loopholes.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
It was planned and plotted in advance. Timing is everything.

Yup, probably by Hillary, Obama and FDR flying down there and rounding all these people up.

I know you're saying that sarcastically, but please research what Obama's administration did around 2015 and 2016 when they sent attorneys to Honduras (and other areas) to begin the paperwork process to systematically sign people up under 'refugee' status. We are seeing the results of those policies now. Imagine that.

We have to deal with it. There will be some "hitchhiker" bad actors mixed in with the flow, but we will deal with it.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

So you're saying it took nearly 3 years for Dear Leader's initiative to take hold? Not buying it, my FDR comment carries as much weight.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: whargoul

I am so for the heavy-handed enforcement of work status for businesses you wouldn't believe me.

Neither party is all-in on stopping or reforming immigration. Both are entwined with big business.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Yep. Research it. Probably the best place to start if you are truly interested is with the Department of Homeland Security/Refugees and Asylees.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Nah, I frankly don't care.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Nah, I frankly don't care.

I figured as much.
It's okay. Most people don't really like doing the boring research.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
God almighty, there are some thick people on here tonight. Let me tell you how they do it. It's exactly the same as all the "asylum seekers" that have got into Europe. 1500 Hondurans rock up in the US. You want to deport them. Just where are you going to deport them to? The only place will be Mexico, because just before they got into the US they destroyed all their documentation, so now YOU prove where they came from cos they ain't gonna tell you.
Now it becomes Mexico's problem and how long will that wash before the do gooders say "relieve the problem in Mexico, allow them in".
Get real, the only way is to stop them at their borders before they leave their country and good luck with that.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Nope. You forfeit the right to assylum when you choose to actively avoid that status if I'm King. Just like you or I forfeit certain rights when you choose to get a driver's license. You are welcome to seek refugee status at the embassy or at the first country you transverse or become an assylee upon entry. You don't get to choose not to, break the law, and then decide you need protected status when you get caught.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join