It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honduras "Caravan" should be stopped by any means necessary, Trump threatens aid money

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Border agents are not authorized to deny an asylum seeker's request for asylum. Their claims are adjudicated through the immigration courts.

And those courts can deny the request.

Which is perfectly acceptable

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: RadioRobert
One can apply for refugee status through the UNHCR or at an US embassy or even through a referral from family in the US.

The process being queried was 'asylum' which requires you to be physically in the United States.

Yes, but it is a literal word game. One can seek refugee status for the same reasons one would sek assylum. Whether you are a "refugee" or "asylee" is semantic depending on where you are located (in or out of the US already). Either or both have the same end game toward legal residency. While refugee status is broader (to include disaster relief, for example), it also covers all the political/religious/ethnic persecution that covers asylees.

This is just another word game that the Left plays regarding refugees. "They have to get here to get assylum". Well, yes. Because assylum only covers people already in a nation or at it's borders by definition. Meanwhile, they are free to seek refugee status from any embassy or UNHCR office.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
You seem to have an answer for everything else so I asked you.

I really haven't answered much of anything in this thread other than my pal Network's question, why would you think I would know this?

Why, in your humble opinion, do the supposed asylum seekers not ask for help in the multiple safe countries that they have passed through?

My thought is that it's not about asylum.

Most likely because those countries are total crap holes. Just my opinion on having been in some of them.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Border agents are not authorized to deny an asylum seeker's request for asylum. Their claims are adjudicated through the immigration courts.

And those courts can deny the request.

Which is perfectly acceptable

Courts adjudicate. If a judge rules against and denies an asylee's request for asylum, that's not the same as a border agent refusing to allow the asylee to file a request for asylum. Due Process is a thing that applies even to undocumented immigrants.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Trump should deploy the Marines with orders to shoot on sight ANY foreign enemy target attempting to breach our sovereignty and attack our economy. This must end immediately, without delay or discussion.

Some responses seem to be unaware it was the OP who suggested the "marines shoot on sight ANY foreign enemy target", if you want to defend him make sure you understand that the OP HAS called for ethnic cleansing "without delay or discussion"

Is this really how low you have sunk in the USA, a country which compared to a large portion of the world is wealthy and plentiful but dont ask if you can share it theirs now

I really think this could be the worst post ever on ATS, and if those from the left (dims/loons and other derogatory terms they get called) ever wish to prove a point of irrationallity, well i think this is it

and for the OP, still waiting for the sequel to your fav film, it was satire not a documentry

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Yes, but it is a literal word game.

Is it? Either way I addressed the point with facts, not emotion.

Asylum seeker

An asylum seeker is an individual who is seeking international protection. In countries with individualised procedures, an asylum seeker is someone whose claim has not yet been finally decided on by the country in which he or she has submitted it. Not every asylum seeker will ultimately be recognized as a refugee, but every refugee is initially an asylum seeker.

Refugee

A refugee is a person who has fled their country of origin and is unable or unwilling to return because of a well-founded fear of being persecuted because of their race, religion, nationality, membership of a particular social group or political opinion.

If you were asking my opinion however I would most likely classify the bulk of them as:

Economic migrant

An economic migrant is someone who leaves his or her country of origin purely for financial and/or economic reasons. Economic migrants choose to move in order to find a better life and they do not flee because of persecution. Therefore they do not fall within the criteria for refugee status and are not entitled to receive international protection.

And therefore they need to be shot by the Original Poster and his merry band of do-gooders. We cope?

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

This article is just a year old.

Guatemala emerges as safe haven for other Central Americans: U.N.

WTH does Latin America do with all the aid they receive? They sure aren't cleaning up their own crap holes.

edit on 16-10-2018 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Does this mean we don't get to dispense some freedom into the unwashed masses?

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Yes, the vast majority of "undocumented immigrants" do not apply for affirmative assylum-- they only apply for defensive assylum after being caught and processed for removal. They are simply gaming the system.

And no, I don't think we need to shoot people to secure the border. Minefields would be cheaper and more effective :p

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Screw all this noise. I fully support the OP. The only way I can get hard is through violent thoughts of mass death. How else am I supposed to give my old lady, a non orgasmic sexual experience, and a good laugh.

But we need to go further. Bullets will not do. We need to nuke these trespassers. It is the only way we can assure that their souls do not go to heaven. It makes me sick to think that after stopping these trespassers from entering my country. That they would get the good life in heaven.

So nuke them, and if radiation begins to spill over the border. Nuke the radiation.

edit on 16-10-2018 by karmicecstasy because: Im a tough guy

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Yes, the vast majority of "undocumented immigrants" do not apply for affirmative assylum-- they only apply for defensive assylum after being caught and processed for removal. They are simply gaming the system.

'The system', i.e. the Constitution, permits them a fair hearing, it doesn't permit them asylum, so they really can't game it if it's run as it should be.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

At least we know you are joking............right
, none of us have any input into the nation which we are born into, but its nice to see from the OP that the world is to be shared, just not equally to non Americans

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

They are certainly entitled to due to process. They aren't entitled to illegally live in the country before seeking it.

I'm all for expanding the work visa and legal residency programs. I'm against open birders and uncontrolled immigration.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Oh...we will handle this pre-election fiasco in the proper legal way. 3,000 people pouring over the southern border will create issues that have to be addressed immediately.....and there WILL be issues....bank on it.

But, watch...the Democrats will use the event to criticize, scream, hyperventilate, screech, protest, and polticize for the camera.....RIGHT BEFORE THE ELECTIONS.

Get the voters all stirred up with the typical Democrat hyperbolic rhetoric.

It was planned and plotted in advance. Timing is everything.

edit on 16-10-2018 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
www.foxnews.com...

A "caravan" of foreign invaders, not the first of its time, consisting of thousands of foreign nationals intent on breaching our Sovereignty is actively heading for the United States.

These squatting trespassers aren't wanted here.

They must be stopped. Trump should deploy the Marines with orders to shoot on sight ANY foreign enemy target attempting to breach our sovereignty and attack our economy. This must end immediately, without delay or discussion.

And what a coincidence that their arrival will be just in time for the mid-terms. Dems should be able to exploit this incident for all it’s worth (seperation of families....again).

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
dp*
edit on 10jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'd like to know what democrats staged this to coincide with the midterm elections.

Probably the ones leading the caravan.

Oh, those are future Dems...mi malo.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
There is a cause and effect that is going on here, both in the US and the central American countries that are coming to fruition here, from policies past gone.

The Central American countries, in that part of the world, have often been ran poorly, often under dictatorships, governments changing at the point of a gun, and often are ran very unwisely, the likes that would make a country like say the United States seem like paradise. And in many cases conflicts in those countries never stay in the same country, often going in and out, crossing the borders and causing far more problems for those who are trying to survive.

Can any of you say that would not do what they are doing, those seeking to escape from such conditions? And many of these problems, that are existing today, could very well be coming from some of the policies that the US had during the cold war.

Another poster mentioned MS-13, however what is not mentioned is that is the gang that was started here in the US, from a group of people who were living under a dictatorship, and running from a country in a civil war, and that said dictatorship was supported by the US, in an attempt to stop the spread and influence of the Soviet Union.

Now there are several problems going on here, that should and needs to be addressed. The first is that we can not just turn our backs on those seeking refuge from a very bad situation. Many of the US laws on refugees were created, cause that is exactly what happened before, the US, like many in the world, turned their backs on one group, and we have all seen the results of such, the holocaust. Many sought to leave Germany and the occupied countries, and were turned away, only to end up dead.

The US needs to clean up its mess that it help create. We all know that these policies were bad, causing problems, and perhaps it would be prudent for the US to give assistance to clean up the effects of those, even maybe starting a new policy of being a good neighbor, not telling other countries what to do, as they have a far different culture, and watching, only acting if necessary. Stop supporting dictators would be a good idea.

We need to be careful and far more compassionate than what is being shown, cause one day we may be in the same position and needing help from other countries.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

They are certainly entitled to due to process. They aren't entitled to illegally live in the country before seeking it.

Well, you cannot extradite anyone before they get due process so they, by default, end up staying until the legal process runs its course.

I'm all for expanding the work visa and legal residency programs.

I am too.

I'm against open birders and uncontrolled immigration.

I don't have a problem with birders, they're an odd bunch with a strange hobby, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
It was planned and plotted in advance. Timing is everything.

Yup, probably by Hillary, Obama and FDR flying down there and rounding all these people up.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join