It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Roman pagan

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54

it is very interesting and thought provoking. maybe all ages didnt exist.there wasnt any history.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

of course his friends. he shelters

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

the idiot you are citing - is a grade 2 dingbat

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Damla

it is very interesting and thought provoking. maybe all ages didnt exist.there wasnt any history.

That is pretty much what he says. Basically, there is no written history until 1000 yers ago. Everything before that was forged or misdated. Most of what we see today is far more recent than alleged. Ancient Rome and Egypt happened hundreds not thousands of years ago.

Of course there was prehistory but written history cannot be proven before the year 1100 and most of it is more recent than that.
edit on 16-10-2018 by toms54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Trueman

But Roman parties are the best.

Especially the Saturnalia.

And mama's birthday.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

the idiot you are citing - is a grade 2 dingbat

That is what most historians say but some aspects of it deserve consideration. Really it would be too off topic to discuss it here. The point I was shooting for when I brought this up is the degree to which all these religions are related.

I read that when the Romans occupied the Celtic lands, they concluded that Celts worshiped the same gods, just under different names. Some have said the Greek Jove was really the Jewish god. There are all kinds of overlapping beliefs among European pagans even with the Abrahamic faiths. Like a giant matrix of belief systems.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

ok you tell us, it seems you know a lot.a matrix looks like round or rectangular?

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Damla

I've never seen one from the outside.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

thats good. thats good. maybe we can meditate on that.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Banquo

Yep, that's the religions/people I've been looking into, God's vary, even the way they're worshipped could be radically different from town to town. But the similarities are strong. When it comes to Christianity it seems it was designed to be acceptable, compatible.

I'll check that topic out
love learning about this stuff.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

feel free to start a thread - to discuss his claims

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

The evidence against this thesis is overwhelming. We don't look at written words for a true understanding of history.

We use archeological data, not just carbon dating either. Trees are good, especially when an artifact is embedded into it, like a roman nail. Even the nail itself can be analyzed for it's makeup and production method. Same for all items of historic value.

Trees don't typically skip a year in growth, we can even use ice samples that coincide with natural disasters.

Also to say writing didn't exist before 1100AD is kind of barmy since venerable Bede died 735AD, he had a long life and much of it was dedicated to writing and translating.

Islam had a fully developed writing by then. China has a wealth of largely uninterrupted history too... Unless all those extra years were mere fabrications?

Genuinely can't imagine forging and/or miscalculating literally 1000's of years of history that seemingly coincide with political, cultural and natural worldly events.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

I could answer some of your points. Don't have all the answers but I could also point out places where solid, academic work has come from his ideas. Also, other influential thinkers have shared his ideas like Sir Isaac Newton.

For now though, I have to agree with ignorant_ape. Any further discussion belongs in a different thread. I was only trying to address Roman paganism here.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I did a search a few months ago and saw several threads already on ATS. If I can think of a way to bring something new to the discussion, I may start one.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

That's the thing though, the Roman's would've had to fabricate everyone else's accounts they interacted with, potentially fabricated evidence for future historians too.

Yeah, we may be going a bit off topic. You should start a thread if you have time, it sounds interesting.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I know a couple of Yooper Pagans but none from Italy.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

That is pretty much what he says. Basically, there is no written history until 1000 yers ago. Everything before that was forged or misdated. Most of what we see today is far more recent than alleged. Ancient Rome and Egypt happened hundreds not thousands of years ago.

I have to wonder where you came up with such a claim?

YouTube perhaps?

Ever heard of Josephus?

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I posted a link to his website here.

I absolutely refuse to respond to any more replies on this subject for reasons already given.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54
a reply to: Akragon

I posted a link to his website here.

I absolutely refuse to respond to any more replies on this subject for reasons already given.

I see... interesting stuff there...

I'll look into it... though I would suggest making a thread on it

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghostsinthefog

Originally posted by Ghostsinthefog
Hi all.

Was just curious if there are any roman pagans on here. Curious how you got started, books to read etc.

Hopfully there is one out there

Roman Pagans…???

You mean the Christians lol right…?

As for books, you can start with the Bible, there’s a lot of Roman Pagan influence left in there...

Good Luck…

- JC

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join