It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharing a little victory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
So, I just got back from an adventure in my "backyard". ATS is the closest thing to a journal for me so I felt the need to record /share it here.

Also, today, I'm hella bragging.

I was sitting in the park near my house as I always do just on my phone doing nothing. Out of nowhere, a group of young men approached me for a good old mugging.

It's an unlit dark corner of a park. I like to sit in the darkness because no one goes there...unless its bad people who see you sitting by yourself in a dark park while they are out robbing. LoL

The lead guy came up and asked me what I was doing there in a menacing voice. He had 2 friends on either side.

I stood up and went ape isht.

Turns out there were a few more of the group just watching who tried to come to the rescue of their friends now running away from me.

I should mention that I carry a work knife on me and that I hear the "Crockedile Dundee thats not a knife" quote often.

I had a group of 8+ guys running away from my nightmare juice, throwing everything they had in their path at me.

One of them grabbed a piece of broken guardrail and tried to fend me off. He ended up throwing it like a javelin and I freaking swatted it away like a boss. It was a good 4-6 Ft long, thick and heavy, jagged metal toothpick.

One threw a tree branch and I stood still until it landed right at my feet. Then I mocked him and charged....All the rocks, sticks and roadside debris they found missed me outright or I stood still and mocked them when they missed.

They tried to surround me and some tried to sneak up on me, but I swear I was like a god damned ninja. They couldn't. I was never flanked.

I couldn't believe that there were so many of them. One and two more at a time just kept appearing!

I've never felt so alive. It's like they were moving in slow motion and the feeling of their fear was in the air like a heavy fog to me.

I've been jumped before so I had that in the back of my mind. I don't even recall how I first noticed them but as soon as I did something switched on.

I knew the danger they represented almost immediately and I just went " go".

I'm so proud of tonight. The whole time I was mocking them for their failed robbery and I made some really kickass comments while chasing them that I can't say here....but they were very epic and effing quote worthy.

All while screaming, running, and terminator walking at them....

I'm very proud. I did not get robbed. What's mine is mine.

I don't know. F yeah!

edit on 10 15 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Finally, a good guy wins... sea change!

But really, you were waiting for the a-holes, right?

Or they were at the park asking if you needed a hot meal and a bed at the nearby mission... heh.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Kicking a$$ and taken names! Good on you , only punks attack in numbers!

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman
Well somebody ran out of bubblegum! I must say, I am a bit jealous at the opportunity of verbal assaulting you gave them on their retreat. I have read your stuff in the past, I know it would likely have us on the floor clutching in amused laughter.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Dude, very satisfying. It was so great.

Man.

a reply to: WUNK22

a reply to: Baddogma
No smoking in my house. I spend a lot of time at the park.

edit on 10 15 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   

SnF
While reading I couldn't help but think of this.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   

1. Congratulations!

2. Thanks for reminding me why I stay at home with my guns watching Perry Mason reruns late at night rather than sitting in a dimly lit park with a knife and a cell phone.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Have you seen them before? What will they have learnt from that incident? Will you find another smoking spot?

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom
you have to have a certain appreciation for light during specific ambient levels within the darkness, especially if its quiet, and windy. Listening to, feeling the world in that moment, its something else. Unless the part of your brain that connects with that environment is shut off, then you don't really give a hoot.

It is quite adventurous in an urban environment, hearing all the background. But its downright creepy in the woods, and has a way of connecting to a more primitive part of your mind and soul. Give it a try sometime

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Expect a call from Nick Fury.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

No never seen them. This is the Bronx, we may never meet again.

I imagine they learned that getting street credit, or initiating into a gang, or whatever was going on for them, that life is more precious.

That you can die from mistakes.

No. That is my spot. They must go.

a reply to: abe froman

That really is it. There is a perfect balance in the dark and silence. It makes you stand out and the world that much bigger.
edit on 10 16 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I have a gazebo next to my koi pond. That's about as adventurous as I get anymore. I have to think of others, like my dogs, cats, and fish. Who will take care of them if I die?

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   

That is my spot. They must go.

I agree. But being predictable can get you killed.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Dude, good thing they didn't decide to jump you from behind. It's one thing when you know they are coming, but quite another when you aren't prepared.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

It's my park in general. I know.

a reply to: Night Star

I don't feel comfortable and relax unless I have a good vantage point and hearing distance. I pick my spots for good reasons.

It's not like I had much choice. If they come I guess it gets resolved one way or the other. Probably nothing happens now.

edit on 10 16 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Outstanding! That is called flow. It's the state one goes into, where everything happens in slo-mo...what a batter sees, when he is knocking it out of the park...what Musashi taught, in the Book of Five Rings...what happens when we go to pure animalistic instinct.

Warrior spirit is not unlike 10X time distortion...fine job!

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

That is my spot. They must go.

I agree. But being predictable can get you killed.

Being cowed gets you killed. Barring snipers, showing back up just makes you feared.

IMO, of course.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Enderdog

And possibly locked up for murder which is what nearly happened to me recently. I could have handled this more intelligently. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   

That's mighty impressive bushido style ninja super action hero! And I know him from ATS!?! Great job.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
a reply to: Enderdog

And possibly locked up for murder which is what nearly happened to me recently. I could have handled this more intelligently. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nope. Scary as it was, you were thoughtful (didn't kill the guy unnecessarily) and properly meeting force with force. You were not cowed. The world needs more guard dogs. Fine job!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join