It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican candidate for the Minnesota House suffers concussion in restaurant attack

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Krakatoa
No arrest, no charges, no identity for us to base any conclusion upon, yet already this thread has extrapolated without a doubt that this incident is part of a vast leftwing hate campaign

Well it's not like they haven't been out there running Republicans out of restaurants, etc.. They make it way too easy to give stories like the benefit of the doubt.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Maxi Pad should be proud. He commands are being met.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

No arrest, no charges, no identity for us to base any conclusion upon, yet already this thread has extrapolated without a doubt that this incident is part of a vast leftwing hate campaign

Your right. The guy is out campaigning and I bet someone didn't like his suit and assaulted him for it.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Minnesota House candidate says he was attacked at Benton County restaurant

A Republican candidate for the Minnesota House said Monday that he is recovering after suffering a concussion from an attack at a restaurant in St. George Township a few days earlier.

Oh a restaurant? must be a Dem protestor harassing a GOP Candidate family eating dinner?

He said that last Friday night, he was "blindsided" by an assailant as he spoke to patrons at a bar and restaurant he wouldn't identify.

Now it is a "BAR" and restaurant? And Friday night? As he "spoke to patrons"? Not an official event?

Benton County Sheriff Troy Heck confirmed Monday that his office is investigating the alleged assault, which Mekeland reported took place between 9 p.m. and 10 p.m. on Friday.

Friday night? between 9PM and 10PM? "Speaking with Patrons"? At a bar?

Heck said his office interviewed the suspect, whose identity is not being released because he has not been arrested or charged with a crime.

Wonder why no charges or arrest?

Wonder why Mekeland won't say where this was or who attacked him or why?

Wonder why he didn't report it for a day or no one called the cops at the time?

I hope this isn't the new normal.

I do think it's odd he seemed to have waited a full day before reporting it.

Maybe he didn't want the publicity.

Cuz he got into a bar fight while drunk.

Nothing "new" but yes "Normal".

Hillarious that desperate folks are trying to shove this into a poltical context.

edit on 17-10-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa

Your right. The guy is out campaigning and I bet someone didn't like his suit and assaulted him for it.

He was at a bar around 9-10pm on a Friday night.

That isn't campaigning.

That

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Well it's not like they haven't been out there running Republicans out of restaurants, etc.. They make it way too easy to give stories like the benefit of the doubt.

Gullible is the word you were looking for.

Gullible right wingers fail to think or ask questions, they have been trained by Fox News and Trump to appreciate the flavor of BS.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Lazy.

BENTON COUNTY
SHERIFF'S OFFICE: Press Release

The Benton County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the alleged assault of Shane Mekeland, a candidate running for a seat in the Minnesota House of Representatives. On 10-13-18 Shane Mekeland called theBenton County Sheriff’s Office to report that he was physically assaulted while at a business in Benton County. Mekeland reported that he was
at a bar and restaurant in St. George Township on 10-12-18 between about 9:00 pm and 10:00 pm. Mekeland reported that he was talking about politics with another adult male in this establishment. Mekeland reported that he and this man were having an amiable conversation, until it ended abruptly when the man apparently took offense to a tatement Mekeland made concerning the “middle class.” Mekeland stated that the man punched him in the face without warning. Mekeland reported receiving personal injuries as a result of this assault. The suspect in this case as identified and has been interviewed. The investigation into this matter is still on going. Because the suspect has not been arrested or charged with a crime, his name is not available to be released at this time.

They obviously are reviewing any video evidence and conducting witness interviews.
edit on 17-10-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

What's SICKER, is that NOT ONE high-profile Democrat has condemned their party's MOB actions!

Expect anything different from the party that wants to guillotine us?

www.wnd.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Uh-huh.

Mekeland said he had stopped at a restaurant Friday to ask if he could hold a campaign event there. He was talking to a few people around a high-top table when a man in the group punched him “out of nowhere.”

He stopped at a bar around 9-10pm on a Friday night.
He wasn't there to eat.
he says "Restaurant", but it is typical Minnesota bar and grill, emphasis BAR.
That's why he won't say WHERE or the name of the "Restaurant" and he later says "Restaurant and BAR"
That's why he didn't say he was there to eat or that his family was with him.
That's why he made up the story he was just driving by and decided to stop and going to ask if he could hold a campaign event there.
That's why he was talking to people at a "high-top" table...Bar.
That's why it took him 24 hours to report it, cuz he was drunk and hungover and wanted the booze out of his system before walking into a police station to file a report.

Police have witnesses, the alleged assailant and video tape, but no charges?

Go figure.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
In this world today, its hard to believe a story like this without a millenial having a video online showing it happen.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Damn dude, I feel your pain... I can kinda relate... A couple rednecks I went to school with were out looking for trouble one night and waved me down on one of the small town backroads I happened to be driving down, by myself, one evening in the Summer of 1998. I stopped because they didn't pose a threat to me, plus it's a small town so everybody knows everybody. Driver and passenger approach. . .

. . .rewind to earlier that year. . .

Long story short, I had a real nice '93 Silverado and walked out to the parking lot after school and noticed a dent in the bottom of my door, asked around, got told by several people they saw Chris (the driver that pulls me over that Summer) put the dent in it. Not being a guy that messes with someone's vehicle as I value mine and wouldn't want anyone messing with it, I figured well, what comes around goes around and I left it at that. Now back to my present story. . .

. . .driver says hey man what's up, I hear you think I'm the one that put the dent in your truck. I say, yeah that's what people are saying, man. He says, well I guess that means you poured that sugar in my gas tank and caused me to buy a brand new engine. Then I put my truck in park and next thing I know, I get popped in the face. I open my door to get out and his friend pushes my door shut and I get popped again. Four times this happened and 3 times I tried to get out of my truck while the friend pushes it shut. 4th time he tries to push it shut, I put my foot in the way and jump out. Immediately, I see two more guys jump out of the bed of his truck and run towards me. I'm effed at this point but seeing red and would guess my level of adrenaline was at its peak. I'm getting smacked from four angles within seconds and my shirt gets pulled over my head and get tripped. All I can do at this point is put my arms over my face to protect it. All I remember at that point is thinking that as soon as they finish with me, I'm killing one of them. I didn't feel anything they were doing but I could hear them grunt with every punch, kick, and stomp. Finally I realize they're not gonna stop, I can see the collar of my shirt so I grab it, pull it back over my head and jump up to avoid anything else. They all backed off and the driver came at me from the side and I was able to grab him and trip him over my foot, jump in my truck and take off.

The next morning when I went to roll out of bed, I almost hit the floor in pain. I believe my mom counted over 100 knots and bruises on my ribs, back, arms, and head that next day. And a permanent scar below my left eyebrow where it was split open. Found out a couple days later that the same four guys did the same thing to another guy a couple days before that and he spent several days in the hospital. Turns out, the guy's brother's GF is the one who poured the sugar in his tank. Then around 2004 or 2005, I ran into an old high school friend (we grew up on the same street and were friends, but not close friends) and he confessed that he'd left school earlier that day and accidentally backed into my truck door. I made sure to thank him for being the reason I got the ass kicking of my life. I was over it by then though so we laughed and had a beer.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Sugar is water soluble, pouring it into a gas tank won't harm an engine at all. One of the most ignorant myths ever.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

The investigation is not over. That was made clear from my very first post.

So how is it you can complain about the lack of facts supporting the inference this was a leftist attack and then make up your own set of facts to claim the man was drunk and started a bar fight?

What a joke.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

They don't seem to have done any of this kind of stuff.

I'm really getting tired of posting that video over and over and over again because people keep making the kind of remarks you just did. The fact that Democratic leaders are calling for violence (and getting it) is completely indisputable at this point unless someone is intentionally avoiding reality.

I would be curious to know more facts... without hyperbole and blame-calling.

Wouldn't you?

I certainly would. However, we have no facts at this point, outside of an established modus operandi for similar situations. I'll reserve the right to retract my statements about this one incident should facts come to light that refute my premise; I do not intend to retract my general statements about the DNC leadership being pro-violence as of late.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

This is so worrisome. I'm afraid it's going to get worse if we don't soon get someone in the WH who can lower the temperature of the country, instead of throwing gas on it regularly.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

Gas is not water.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Cute.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Exactly my point. Pouring sugar into a gas tank won't harm an engine.

It's a myth the uninformed use a scare tactic. I've literally gotten into fist fights over this B'S. People swear sugar in the gas tank ruins engines. It doesn't!

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: angeldoll

Cute.

thank you. I was worried you might not like it.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
I'm pretty sure these are the same exact tactics used by a certain WWII era political group...

Somewhere in Europe...

Maybe Italy or was it in the Germany area ?

Can't recall.

Mordor?

actually a couple different groups. in Germany both the brownshirts and ANTIFA used those tactics before the Nazis gained power (and both groups ended up in prisons and concentration camps after the Nazis gained power)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join