It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican candidate for the Minnesota House suffers concussion in restaurant attack

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: loam

What's SICKER, is that NOT ONE high-profile Democrat has condemned their party's MOB actions!

How do you know it was a Democrat? In this age of partisanship, it's easy to inflame others by making assumptions. This person could have been an independent or a not-registered non-voter or any number of affiliations.

I think you should wait on the pointing fingers bit until you have more information.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
And another one:

In another case in Plymouth, Rep. Sarah Anderson says a man punched her in the arm after she confronted him about kicking some of her yard signs Sunday.

Anderson says police have tentatively identified the man she captured on her cellphone and planned to interview him Tuesday.

kstp.com...

edit on 16-10-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Right. Because when you encourage uncivil and aggressive opposition, you're only responsible for the crazies who register with your party.

Ridiculous assertion.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Let the good times roll!

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

How do you know it was a Democrat?

Because the high-profile Democrats haven't denounced it?

If it were a conservative who attacked, Schumer would be crying, Waters would be organizing an armed response, and Pelosi would be introducing legislation to ban conservative thought.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Ran across another example from a few weeks ago:

GOP House candidate used campaign sign to fend off a knife attacker, Calif. cops say

A Republican congressional candidate in California fended off a knife attack on Sunday — and an election sign helped the candidate keep the attacker at bay, authorities said.

U.S. House of Representatives hopeful Rudy Peters was “minding his own business with his family” at his campaign booth during the Castro Valley Fall Festival just before 4 p.m. when a man came up and began insulting Peters’ political party and the president, Sgt. Ray Kelly, a spokesman for the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office, told McClatchy.

That’s when the interaction grew violent: The man making disparaging comments, Farzad Fazeli, 35, became “aggressive,” pulled out a switchblade and tried to attack Peters, the sheriff’s office said. Kelly said Fazeli may have also thrown a glass mug at the candidate.

Right... No trend whatsoever.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
Ran across another example from a few weeks ago:

GOP House candidate used campaign sign to fend off a knife attacker, Calif. cops say

A Republican congressional candidate in California fended off a knife attack on Sunday — and an election sign helped the candidate keep the attacker at bay, authorities said.

U.S. House of Representatives hopeful Rudy Peters was “minding his own business with his family” at his campaign booth during the Castro Valley Fall Festival just before 4 p.m. when a man came up and began insulting Peters’ political party and the president, Sgt. Ray Kelly, a spokesman for the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office, told McClatchy.

That’s when the interaction grew violent: The man making disparaging comments, Farzad Fazeli, 35, became “aggressive,” pulled out a switchblade and tried to attack Peters, the sheriff’s office said. Kelly said Fazeli may have also thrown a glass mug at the candidate.

Right... No trend whatsoever.

See, it was not a mob...just one guy.. /sarc

< eye roll >

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

And all of the following is just speech:

Multiple Republican Offices Across the Country Vandalized

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I think there's been enough incidents to call this a trend, seeing how in every case it's Republicans being targeted. Combined with the kind of encouragement given by irresponsible Democrat leaders it's safe to say the two are connected. Republicans won't be moving to Palestine, rather they will standing their ground which is their right. Let the chips fall where they may and remember who started this mess in the first place once all is said and done.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
I'm pretty sure these are the same exact tactics used by a certain WWII era political group...

Somewhere in Europe...

Maybe Italy or was it in the Germany area ?

Can't recall.

Mordor?

Somewhat, however read up on the tactics of the 1917 Bolshevik revolution. They have been picked up in 2018 because THEY WORKED in 1917. Russia is still floundering.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

The mantra is they aren't mobs... politicians only promote free speech protest...and most importantly... being a conservative or Republican is a provocation all by itself.

It's really sickening what the democrats have done.

Salon printed this just within the week:

Trump, McConnell and Kavanaugh have changed the game; there will be no more business as usual

Republicans in this country don’t even bother to pretend anymore that they’re interested in justice and playing by the rules. They have declared war on women, on workers, on people of color, on immigrants, on the poor and dispossessed, on organized labor. They have gone to war against everything that isn’t white and male and wealthy.

All pretense is gone. Remember fairness? Gone. Comity? Gone. Compromise? Gone. The rule of law? Gone. Facts? Gone. Respect for others? Gone. Gone. Decency? Gone. Agreed upon democratic norms? Gone. All men are created equal? Gone.

...Republicans have shown us who they are and what they stand for.

No more business as usual. No more civility. No more respect. Point a finger of ridicule at them. Make them stand naked before the world in their corruption and disdain for norms and the law. Show them the disrespect they deserve. Make their personal lives a living hell. Take to the streets and protest their Supreme Court decisions ordered up by the Heritage Foundation and the Federalist Society. Make it clear we know what they’re doing to this country and that we aren’t going to stand for it.

Bring a goddamned machete to the knife fight and slash away. What have we got to lose?

But none of that implies incitement.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Maybe, I think we need to check though. Wear a MAGA hat and walk around Portland OR for a little while...

No need to. Wear a NAVY sweatshirt near a State University. Two clowns in the hospital and me with stitches in my head and an air cast on my left wrist.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Right, all is fair when fighting Nazis.
If only Hitl.. I mean Trump hadn't been born.
See the morgenthau plan for what the good guys were up to back then.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

How do you know it was a Democrat?

Because the high-profile Democrats haven't denounced it?

If it were a conservative who attacked, Schumer would be crying, Waters would be organizing an armed response, and Pelosi would be introducing legislation to ban conservative thought.

TheRedneck

Well, not in the universe that I'm inhabiting. They don't seem to have done any of this kind of stuff.

But rather than extremes, let's talk the reality of just this one situation. We know the man was upset about "the middle class." But there's nothing about a party affiliation or non-affiliation.

I think that we could and should not deal in hyperbole or hypotheticals. There is nothing to indicate what the person's political party is. We also don't know what the candidate was saying that triggered the attack. I would be curious to know more facts... without hyperbole and blame-calling.

Wouldn't you?

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

He was probably white and conservative, so it was justifiable.

/s

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire
Well looking at the current trend seems to be looking that way. I must say once the Communist left opens the can a whole lot of WHOOP ASS is going to come out. I believe in free speech but intimidation and physical violence makes me think that our CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC is being threatened. Yes the left would love a Democracy because with illegals flooding and mob rule being the Democratic Party rule of the day all hell is going to break loose.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Do people know how fast these actions would be stopped if it were the other way around?

Republicans telling people to resist

Republicans yelling at Democrats in restaurants

Republican groups destroying property.

You would see massive arrest and a clear statement that it would not be tolerated.

They would call eveyone a racist. Tack on hate crimes to add to the sentence.

The left love these kind of attacks, they Iove giving Republicans concussions

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Having read through the article and the postings the following can be stated:

Politics tend to get people riled up, and it is getting worse. Now is the lets blame the other guys for something bad happening. A politician got blindsided, then again who would not blindside a politician if given the opportunity, with some of the actions that are going on out there in the country?

The reality is this: The voting public is ticked off, they are angry, they are hurt and they want blood. These are not normally violent people, but the politicians, with their words have, in short, poured gas on a smoldering fire, and now the country has to deal with it.

It is not just the Democrats but also the Republicans that are doing this, stoking up the base to a point where the fringe sees violence as an answer.
The facts are that a politician was in a restaurant, talking on politics, the assailant was listening and then cold cocked him. No one knows anything beyond that until it is reported. We do not know political affiliation, nor do we know the motives for such.

There is a lot of blame towards the Democrats, however the Republicans are just as much equally to blame. A president, who told people during the election, his supporters that he would pay for the legal bills if they were charged for attacking any protestor. Politicians know that the people are growing discontent with them, they knew it back, during the various town hall meetings, when those that were not wanting to participate stated, that the only reason they did not want to go out there, is that they were afraid someone was going to attack them.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Why would they? They called for crap like this. I think liberals have gotten to this point because, well, simply put, they hate themselves so they're taking down as many as they can.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNaR
Maxine Watters needs to be spoken to about her encouraging getting into the faces of opponents

Ugh. My GOD she's ugly. Talk about one nasty, miserable bitch, whew, she's one.

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join