It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican candidate for the Minnesota House suffers concussion in restaurant attack

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Minnesota House candidate says he was attacked at Benton County restaurant

A Republican candidate for the Minnesota House said Monday that he is recovering after suffering a concussion from an attack at a restaurant in St. George Township a few days earlier.

Shane Mekeland is running for the House in District 15B, an open seat that includes parts of Benton and Sherburne County. He said that last Friday night, he was "blindsided" by an assailant as he spoke to patrons at a bar and restaurant he wouldn't identify.

Benton County Sheriff Troy Heck confirmed Monday that his office is investigating the alleged assault, which Mekeland reported took place between 9 p.m. and 10 p.m. on Friday. Heck said his office interviewed the suspect, whose identity is not being released because he has not been arrested or charged with a crime.

Will be interesting to see where this goes after the investigation.

I hope this isn't the new normal.

I do think it's odd he seemed to have waited a full day before reporting it. Maybe he didn't want the publicity.
edit on 15-10-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

It's cool, he was a facist.

/S

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

A list of his policies effectively asserting he deserved it in.... C... B... A...

+40 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

What's SICKER, is that NOT ONE high-profile Democrat has condemned their party's MOB actions!

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Look.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

So now they don't even have to be elected yet to be a target?

New low...

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Before we jump to conclusions, we should wait for the investigation to reveal what really happened. I for one am not a person to simply believe someone's story outright. However, if it is found to be a true account, and a suspect is known, then there is a chance this person could be tried as a domestic terrorist. By definition, assaulting someone for political motives (regardless of affiliation) to affect a political change is terrorism.

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Maxine Watters needs to be spoken to about her encouraging getting into the faces of opponents

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp
Look.

It's starting.

+17 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure these are the same exact tactics used by a certain WWII era political group...

Somewhere in Europe...

Maybe Italy or was it in the Germany area ?

Can't recall.

Mordor?

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

This is atrocious behaviour. No one should have to fear for their well-being, even a politician, because of their beliefs. I hope they find the assailant and justice is served.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: eNaR

Did you misspell her name as WATTers on purpose, or was it a Fruedian conblackulation due to the predominately black neighborhood, Watts, that was made famous due to riotous actions in the past?

Reclining minds wanna know...

as to the thread and someone attacking someone else, and using one person's misdeed to wrongly categorize a whole group is ... er, wrong?

I'm wondering now if there really are Russian keyboard jockeys pouring high octane bullsnip on the partisan buffoonary?

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I believe survivors !!!

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

I hope this isn't the new normal.

I hope not, but it is looking like this is a tactic of the opposition,
if you can't beat them, then beat them up.

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

Did you misspell her name as WATTers on purpose, or was it a Fruedian conblackulation due to the predominately black neighborhood, Watts, that was made famous due to riotous actions in the past?

as to the thread and someone attacking someone else, and using one person's misdeed to wrongly categorize a whole group is ... er, wrong?

I'm wondering now if there really are Russian keyboard jockeys pouring high octane bullsnip on the partisan buffoonary?

I am so shocked that a liberal would take the time to make a spelling error a way to use the race card.

As for making the actions of one person depict a group of people, I watch that on CNN every time someone shoots someone else. Only difference is this isn't exactly a lone incident with the left, but a recurring pattern.

And throwing in Russia at the end as a possible cause of division just made your post perfect.

Brava!

Your indoctrination is complete!

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

Maybe he was watching Watters World when he wrote it? Or maybe Watters family name comes from Watts, CA, or maybe Watts was named after Watters....

edit on 15-10-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa
No arrest, no charges, no identity for us to base any conclusion upon, yet already this thread has extrapolated without a doubt that this incident is part of a vast leftwing hate campaign

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
No arrest, no charges, no identity for us to base any conclusion upon, yet already this thread has extrapolated without a doubt that this incident is part of a vast leftwing hate campaign

Not everyone in the thread...

edit on 10/15/2018 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Maybe, I think we need to check though. Wear a MAGA hat and walk around Portland OR for a little while...

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Republican candidate for the Minnesota House suffers concussion in restaurant attack

I don't think he is tough enough for the position.

If you can't defend yourself, I sure as hell don't want you defending me.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join