It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lakeland, Florida City Commisioner Shoots and Kills Perp Shoplifting From His Business

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

originally posted by: vonclod
Murder..pretty straightforward in my eyes, there was no threat, this is why some people do not deserve to carry.

This isn’t even a carry issue the guy was in his own business, this was a bad call on the guys part but to condemn all carry over it is asinine.

Not a bad call... it was murder... now if you can shoot someone in FL for stealing some cheap item then have at it. Maybe next time lay stuff outside to get a better chance of capping some poor sucker that wants a fix or a bottle.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Letting a criminal, who just stole a weapon, go would not be the best idea. Someone stole a weapon.

Also the thief didn't even seem to care that the Commish had a gun.

I don't have sympathy for the thief. Someone with that mentality is not helping the gene pool.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: vonclod
Murder..pretty straightforward in my eyes, there was no threat, this is why some people do not deserve to carry.

This isn’t even a carry issue the guy was in his own business, this was a bad call on the guys part but to condemn all carry over it is asinine.

Not a bad call... it was murder... now if you can shoot someone in FL for stealing some cheap item then have at it. Maybe next time lay stuff outside to get a better chance of capping some poor sucker that wants a fix or a bottle.

Well see I don’t see myself as a judge and jury so I’m not willing to classify exactly what crime it was but I do know that it’s far from a justifiable self defense shooting IMO....

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

We all know this state has a history of mentally unhinged criminals, and with this criminal now in possession of a lethal weapon, it is possible he sought to inflict harm onto someone immediately after.

So that gunman just killed Florida Man? I thought YOU were Florida Man?!

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Lakeland back in the day was a pretty solid redneck town, if that's still holds true I doubt he gets charged.

But I would say its 50/50, personally I think he gets charged and beats it.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
It was my evil twin

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Florida Man can jump from host moron to host moron.

Edit:

There is Also the lesser known Florida Woman. Her ability to jump from idiot to idiot is the same just not as prevalent.
edit on 16 10 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Ha,

Setting a trap, as in standing in the doorway with a firearm and waiting for someone to come at you is not negligence it is capital murder.

He is going to prison for life.

Another Gun nut locked up. He runs a military surplus store so yeah he is the type that is itching to use the firearm.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Letting a criminal, who just stole a weapon, go would not be the best idea. Someone stole a weapon.

I don't have sympathy for the thief. Someone with that mentality is not helping the gene pool.

it's not your job to take down said criminal unless your life is in danger. Stealing a "Hatchet" ..Are we really afraid of getting Tomahawked? Is this a normal thing you think about in your routine? So much so that we must kill people trying to take such a WMD?

Seriously, it was a Fking hatchet!! Get another 1. I would have said he better tell people where the F*** he bought it from...At least get some referrals out of the insurance claim.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   

No, it's still murder. The guy was running and offered no fight, nor resistance. You can't just decide that the dude could maybe, potentially use that hatchet on someone while fleeing after he left the shop. If the robber had threatened to harm someone, raised the hatchet or otherwise proved himself a serious threat, then sure, I can buy stopping him. But not when the guy is running away.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Yeah it looks like he slightly on the wrong side of the law. It looks like murder, just. A good lawyer and the right jury may help his case.

However, he 100% saved someone’s life, I’m sure of it. Not to ‘profile’ but I bet my children’s lives that p.o.s was NOT going to use that hatchet to chop kindling. He was going to attack a person with it and with a disgusting lawyer and a leftist jury he would likely get away with it.

But I guess, damned if you do damned if you don’t. I hope the shopkeep walks free.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
Yeah it looks like he slightly on the wrong side of the law. It looks like murder, just. A good lawyer and the right jury may help his case.

However, he 100% saved someone’s life, I’m sure of it. Not to ‘profile’ but I bet my children’s lives that p.o.s was NOT going to use that hatchet to chop kindling. He was going to attack a person with it and with a disgusting lawyer and a leftist jury he would likely get away with it.

But I guess, damned if you do damned if you don’t. I hope the shopkeep walks free.

It’s nice that you know that 100% it’s not like he could have been stealing it to sell for his drug of choice.🙄

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:31 AM
link   

It’s nice that you know that 100% it’s not like he could have been stealing it to sell for his drug of choice.🙄

A hatchet. To sell for his drug of choice. A hatchet?

Yeah. That’s more likely .

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:31 AM
link   

edit on 16-10-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   

A hatchet. To sell for his drug of choice. A hatchet?

Yeah. That’s more likely .

Why yes anything worth anything is fair game to theft by addicts...

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   

as a floridian, concealed carry holder, and 2 yr war vet, i hope this guy gets charged with murder.

a shoplifter should never be killed. they are just after stuff. not your life.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 04:38 AM
link   
As far as I'm concerned the guy was protecting his livelihood. Don't steal and you won't get shot. I'm from Detroit and I'm sick of thieves. If we were aloud to use lethal force to protect our property idiots would be a lot less inclined to steal. I've caught several people trying to steal my neighbors cars. Personally I'd rather have put a bullet in them then wait for the cops to do something about it. There are jerks that sit at the end of my street and watched as people come and go all day. Then they break into their house when they know no ones around. I'm fed up with it around here. I have to make sure someone is home at all times.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I don't usually have sympathy for criminals, but I have a hard time accepting someone taking a life when their life wasn't threatened or put in danger. Considering the owner had video cameras in the store, authorities could have quickly identified the suspect and arrested him at a later time. The guy was fleeing and the owner's life clearly wasn't in danger.
edit on 16-10-2018 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Mike Dunn should have been under your protection racket. You're failing the community!

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   

So death sentence for being slow.. if only we had a way to determine someone's genetics before birth, why would cold eliminate the problem at the source.

I think someone tried that once, no one went for it.. something about eugenics or something, i forget.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join