It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did the controversy about Warren's Native American ancestry begin?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Why all the damage control...she is no more native american than tens of millions of people ... in fact brought it up in an interview about her grandparents couldnt get married cause her grand mother was native american all 1/1124 th

edit on 15-10-2018 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

“The Globe noted that Warren listed herself as a “minority” before Penn offered her a job. However, the law school’s dean and affirmative action officer wrote in a 1987 equal opportunity compliance statement form that Warren was the best candidate for her job despite being “white.”

The report also noted that nearly three years after she took the Penn job, she asked the university to change her listed ethnicity to “Native American.” A 2005 university publication noting a teaching award that she won a decade earlier listed her as a minority, the Globe added.“

Her using a minority status goes back 30 yrs based off of almost no native ancestry and no official ancestry. She’s a liar and a bad one at that.

www.google.com...[e ditby]edit on 15-10-2018 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Trump is such a liar that he missed an opportunity to be a real man, make that MAN, rather than a sniveling little worm.
All he had to do, rather than denying his pledge of a million to charity would have been to put on a big smile and ask her, in pulbic, which charity she wished the money to go to.

Trump is filthy rich. A million would be bird feed to him. He could have done this and gotten some friendly press. But no. Instead he lies about the pledge to charity and once again proves he is a welcher

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
can anyone in this thread show where/when she said she was native American?

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Lumenari

Again, you’re missing the point. This all began with the Boston Herald and Warren’s own family telling their children of their Native American heritage going back generations. Just because that was a very long time ago doesn’t diminish the fact she had Native American great great great grandparents.

No, she may have had "a" Native American ancestor at some point 6 - 10 generations ago. "It's probably not an error"

I may be part Labrador retriever too.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Pretty much the whole video

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Pretty much not in a single part of the video I believe is what you meant to say.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Yes , she claimed to be Native American in the registry of The Association of American Law Schools directory
Acknowledged by Warren herself
"Because she wanted to be in touch with minorities" . Not because she was Native American
A false claim of Native American Heritage may be against Federal Law.

edit on 10/15/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

No, they didn’t read it. Of course they didn’t, bro...

You know this place better than to expect any honesty or integrity...
Republicans said she was lying, so that must be true...

Good post. Was reading about how this all began no more than 15 minutes ago...
But I’m almost certain this will be not received how it should though.

Pinocchio was wrong...
Again... The playbook says deflection is imminent.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Neanderthals were a completely different species... soooo...
Your analogy is garbage. Pure garbage on a heap of other garbage that is about to be set ablaze.

How sad that you would need to do such mental gymnastics, rather than just swallow your pride for being gullible enough to believe Trump.

The DNA test says you are wrong... Jesus Christ, get over it and move on.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Great research, thanks! It is information that I did not know! It sounds like she legitimately thought she had Native American heritage.
edit on 15pmMon, 15 Oct 2018 19:41:41 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Trump is such a liar that he missed an opportunity to be a real man, make that MAN, rather than a sniveling little worm.
All he had to do, rather than denying his pledge of a million to charity would have been to put on a big smile and ask her, in pulbic, which charity she wished the money to go to.

Trump is filthy rich. A million would be bird feed to him. He could have done this and gotten some friendly press. But no. Instead he lies about the pledge to charity and once again proves he is a welcher

I’m not sure why you’re misrepresenting Trumps claim. He said he’d give her a DNA kit at the debates and offer the million to her favorite charity. That never happened, of course, so I think whomever informed you is lying.

edit on 15-10-2018 by NiNjABackflip because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

What I find interesting is that so many cannot even give an inch. Here in this thread is the germination of this whole issue, laid out step by step and rather than admitting a simple false belief there is contortion to hold the line. Just as all Trump had to do was smile and ask which charity. It's really such a small issue, made big by Republican bombast.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: NiNjABackflip

I think whomever informed you is lying.

Did you not see the video of Trump making that claim???? HE is the one who told me he made that bet. So if this is as it is, this must make Trump the liar you say I have been listening to.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I believe it is news because she lied about her heritage to gain an advantage.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: putnam6

Pretty much not in a single part of the video I believe is what you meant to say.

lol you just could watch it cause it had Trump at the beginning could you get to where she is talking about her mother was native american about 6 minutes in, and where all her brother and sisters are shocked at Trump because they are native americans. And tell of the story where her father and mother eloped because of family pressure that her mom was native american.

1/1124 native american

anything less than 1 percent is usually considered background noise thats 1/100th, in this case we are talking 1/1124th which translate her Mom might have walked by a native american once lol.

Already know Trump lies but this about Ms Warren's dubious claims

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Soooooo many times! Just ask John Miller, John Barron and David Dennison! LOL

Donald Trump claimed he was of Swedish ancestry - but it's a lie nordic.businessinsider.com...

Donald Trump’s Family Hid German Roots — Especially When Selling to Jews
forward.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Did you not see the video of Trump making that claim???? HE is the one who told me he made that bet. So if this is as it is, this must make Trump the liar you say I have been listening to.

Stop making false claims.

Trump continued. “And we will say, ‘I will give you a million dollars to your favorite charity paid for by Trump if you take the test, and it shows you’re an Indian.”

We WILL say. Future tense. And then to collect she has to be Indian. When did any test determine she is part of the tribe she claimed to be from?

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Those are no reason to lie about what Trump said.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

What bet?

“I'm going to get one of those little kits and in the middle of the debate when she proclaims that she's of Indian heritage because her mother says she has high cheekbones. That's her only evidence, that her mother said she had high cheekbones. We will take that little kit and say, but we have to do it gently.

Because we're in the me-too generation so I have to be very gentle. And we will very gently take that kit and we will slowly toss it, hoping it doesn't hit her and injure her arm even though it only weighs probably two ounces. And we will say, I will give you a million dollars to your favorite charity, paid for by Trump, if you take the test so that it shows you're an Indian. You know.

And let's see what she does. I have a feeling she will say no but we will that for the debates. Do me a favor, keep it within this room. Because I don't want to give away any secrets and the press is very honorable, they won't.
Please don't tell her what I just said. Democrats are launching outrageous attacks against our incredible law enforcement and our ICE and border patrol.”

There was no bed. They never debated, she never accepted any terms, and had she not had the smallest amount of Native DNA, she wouldn’t have went public with it.

He was just mocking her, riffing for the crowd and you wish he’d just hand over 1million to the fakest show of PR and nonsensical journalism I’ve seen in a while.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join