It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did He or Didn't He? Should Trump Pay Up?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: japhrimu

How many people aren't 1/1,024th Native American or Peruvian or whatever?

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

By native American standards. She doesn't get to set the bar. Native Americans set that bar. She's not native American by their standards. No, he should not pay.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

So by all rights she won...

Yes. She can run on this meaningful victory.

If I open a burrito cart, I'll be condemed for cultural appropriation. Link.

But Casper Lady...(Ok. Sen. Warren...I couldn't help myself) can proudly claim her 1/1,024 native American heritage?

Awesome. She won. Super impressed. I guess I'm allowed to make burritos again.
edit on 15-10-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

By native American standards. She doesn't get to set the bar. Native Americans set that bar. She's not native American by their standards. No, he should not pay.

But Trump, being the genius business man he claims to be, didn't specify those standards when he called the bet.. did he?

So their for, since the DNA test did in fact show a positive result for "Indian" genetics, that means she won the bet, on a technicality... fair and square.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Wow, she is getting hammered. I just don't see what people see in her as an elected official. She seems a bit slow, maybe some mild retardation? Her social and intellectual skills seem so lacking. I just don't get it. I have never seen her act as a normal person would.. Very strange woman.. I almost feel sorry for her..

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Not by legal standards she doesn't.

If having a relative that far out makes you qualify as that ethnicity, there are a lot of lily white blacks walking around today ... and a lot of coal black white folks for that matter.
edit on 15-10-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scifi2424
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Wow, she is getting hammered. I just don't see what people see in her as an elected official. She seems a bit slow, maybe some mild retardation? Her social and intellectual skills seem so lacking. I just don't get it. I have never seen her act as a normal person would.. Very strange woman.. I almost feel sorry for her..

I think she can't do math. Had she done the math and realized she was 0.09 percent Native American she would not have released the results. Shes got less Native American than the average US citizen. Not entirely sure how she pulled that off.

Is she trying to blow up her chances to run for president.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
TRUMP SAID IF SHE TAKES A TEST AND IS PROVEN TO BE..

A certificate of degree of Indian blood shows the constituent blood degree of a particular tribe or that of all tribes in the applicant’s ancestry. The percentage required by each tribe to enroll varies. Some tribes require that a minimum degree must be met before granting membership to an individual. Related Info – DNA Results vs. Tribal Enrollment vs. CDIB — What Do They All Mean? Interestingly, even the federal government requires that you meet a certain minimum before granting you some federal benefits. To give you a clue, the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians a minimum of 1/16 degree of Cherokee blood for tribal enrolment, while the Bureau of Indian Affairs’ Higher Education Grant expects you to have the minimum of ¼ Native American blood percentages. That’s 25%.

NOT INDIAN- NOT EVEN CLOSE

www.powwows.com...

link   
My whole life I've always heard there is
Always potential for a white person
To have a little true native blood.
So I don't see why it matters!

ETA: true native=native American=
Wrong term for natives because
America we named it. Indian=
Wrong term because their not Indian
edit on 15-10-2018 by VividestSum93 because: (no reason given)

link   

But Trump, being the genius business man he claims to be, didn't specify those standards when he called the bet.. did he?

So their for, since the DNA test did in fact show a positive result for "Indian" genetics, that means she won the bet, on a technicality... fair and square.

I think its implied you have to at least meet some standard. I mean anyone in the world can test positive at that rate. So therefor, she is not Native.

The spectacle she is making is cringe worthy. I mean who would admit this? She is a mental midget of the first order. I really think the people that voted for her had to be drunk..
edit on 15-10-2018 by Scifi2424 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
What difference does it make ?

Absolutely none... Except that it shows what variety of brain cells we as a people are up against. Someone poured cool-aid in the gene pool. That's where I stand.

Trump neither denied the charges nor did he back down from them.

To be more to the point, I zoned in on the whole issue and media only wants to home in on one little set of words to make their point, which completely turns the story around 180*

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Speaking of Lily white black folk... How quickly do you think they'd be destroyed if they said the 'N' word?

But 1/1,024!!!!!

This whole debate is ridiculous.

link   

Native Americans arent "Indian".

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: VividestSum93
My whole life I've always heard there is
Always potential for a white person
To have a little true native blood.
So I don't see why it matters!

Mainly it matters because she trades off it and has used it in her past to gain advantage in things like employment. Minorities are more employable than white people, even white women, in certain arenas like higher education.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

She proved the ridiculousness of her claim.

But if he pays, I hope it's to a charity of his choosing...like www.nativeamericanfathers.org...

Heads will explode everywhere.

a reply to: watchitburn

Hell yeah, that would so rock! I'd pay to see that.
edit on 15-10-2018 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

I'm sure my cat is 1/1024 purebred Persian too.

I wonder if she qualifies to show in that division now?
edit on 15-10-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

If you can LEGALLY sell a dream catcher, then you're native american. If you can't... sorry. Guess who can't legally sell a dream catcher? That woman.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Kinda like Rachel dolezal

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Someone should start a GoFundMe to pay the debt on his behalf. In fact, the publicity that could cause may actually cause him and others to pony up in a very positive and satisfying way.

www.nativeamericanfathers.org...

I'm sure they could really use the money.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
What Tribe is she? Until then its just an incredibly small genetic mark.

Might as well start fighting for Neanderthal reparations, and reclaim their heritage?

Lets go with "Clan of the Cave Bear"

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join