It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did He or Didn't He? Should Trump Pay Up?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Some are making a big stink about Trump not paying up.

Trump denies offering $1 million for Warren DNA test, even though he did

Let's go with the facts and only the facts:

Trump:

"I will give you a million dollars to your favorite charity, paid for by Trump, if you take the test and it shows you’re an Indian."

Warren takes the test and according to sources:

"Strong Evidence" - CNN
"10th Generation" - Boston Globe
"1/1,024" - Boston Globe's BIG OPPS when people fact checked them.

Now people are saying, "PAY UP" because they feel that Trump lost.

CNN reports Trump's words as only, "Who Cares".

In fact, the video shows a little more than that... Trump's Original Statement:

"I will give you a million dollars, to your favorite charity, paid for by Trump, if you take the test and it shows you’re an Indian," Trump said at the time. "I have a feeling she will say 'no.' "

Now Warren is saying Pay Up.

Then a reporter hit him up and:

"Who cares?" he told reporters, when asked if he had heard about Warren releasing the results of her DNA test. Another reporter brought up his promise of a $1 million charity donation. "I didn't say that," Trump said. "Nah, you'd better read it again."

Sooooo.....

Is Warren in fact a Native American?

--------------------------------------------

My own opinion:

I'll get the "Technically" part out of the way since some might use it.... So I call First! Even though it's pretty weak:

Technically, he said INDIAN and not Native American - If you want to go by the 100% facts based on word meanings and not slang. But I don't care about this.

So let's base it upon what Trump meant, or what we took him as meaning:

Is she Native American?

- No

Some tribes require as much as 25% Native heritage but most require at LEAST 1/16th Native heritage. That is one great-great grandparent. Warren is "1/1,024" which is like beginning of time native american.

Repeating what Trump said:

if you take the test and it shows you’re an Indian.

Test - Check!
Native American - Womp Womp! - Bomp Ba Dummm! No Go! Fail! Donot go past Go, Donot collect 1 million dollars.

I don't think you can identify as Native American because you want to. That's still a no no.

What say you guys and gals?

edit on 15-10-2018 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The test proved she was not a native American.
By any standards set today, no, she is not.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

In order to be considered a Native American you first have to qualify to be a Native American. She does not.
So my answer would be no, he does not have to pony up.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Nope sorry 1/16th is where they start.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
No real proof of any test or any results.

Just another Democrat trick that went haywire.

People falling hard for this BS.

💥😃😃💥

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Heck NO

Feel the need to share this story....

We were at a fancy Hotel one summer and while we enjoyed the sun at poolside, I challenged all 3-kids to pee in the pool. I said you'll each receive $10 if you do. Well, they all stood in the shallow end of the pool with that funny look on their faces then came to me all about the same time wanting their money. I said, "prove it".

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
What difference does it make ?

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
On another note.

It's simply amazing so many people are talking about this snip considering what else is going on.

Saudi doing snip.

Accusing people of rape without proof.

Hurricane damage.

Russian collusion implosion.

Midterms.

and the list goes on.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I think he should pay anyway, just because it would reflect better. And release a message about her being full of sh*t.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I thought the same thing Trump said...who cares.

She is still a jack ass so that part of her heritage is of much greater concern to me.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
All that matters is that she is being destroyed on her Twitter account. Go check it out if you're looking for some laughs.
edit on 15-10-2018 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

She proved the ridiculousness of her claim.

But if he pays, I hope it's to a charity of his choosing...like www.nativeamericanfathers.org...

Heads will explode everywhere.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Nope sorry 1/16th is where they start.

Who's they?

Trump in his typical cocky half witted fashion made a big claim, without ever specifying the criteria to what he'd consider as being "Indian".

So by all rights she won... Since she does actually possess Native American genetics.

Anyway, what kind of idiot makes a million dollar bet without laying out specific parameters for what would be considered proof?!?

Gotta say too, theirs nothing lower than a man who doesn't pay up on a lost bet.
edit on 15-10-2018 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

This was a huge mistake on her behalf she just fueled the fire. It comes back 1/1024 thats .09 percent. Europeans Ameticans statistically have .18 percent thats the genetic term for white people. Meaning trump probably has more indian in him.

The researchers found that European-Americans had genomes that were on average 98.6 percent European, .19 percent African, and .18 Native American.

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 10/15/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Yes, he still needs to pay 1/1,024th of that.

NOT!

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Technically (pushes glasses up by the bridge and sniffs
) my documentation from the Chippewa tribe says we’re “Indian,” and I think the form’s called a Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood (CDIB)... but whatevs.

Also, if I’m understanding it right, the test she took shows markers of “Indian” lineage, OR a couple of other ancestries, like Peruvian or something, because there’s a lack of comparative or quality dna samples (again, “or something”)... I could be wrong. If I’m not, she didn’t technically show she’s Indian, but rather there’s a possibility that she is... (eta: Technically, Trump wouldn’t have to pay, imo)

I do think it’s questionable that she didn’t announce publicly she was doing it, before she did it. That indicates to ME that she probably didn’t really believe her claim, herself. (Shrug)

(2nd eta: Since I don’t know, so can someone confirm: Did the test show certainty of Native American? I’m starting to think it did, hence the 1/1024, or is it along the lines of what I said above, that it’s from not certain of lineage? Was it 1/1024 definite Native, and up to 3% “possibly” Native?)
edit on 10/15/2018 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

No, he shouldn't pay up. No bargain; no handshake; no contract; no deal.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Yeah - who cares??

Yes, I'm replying to ask 'who cares' in this thread without actually giving a damn. It IS possible contrary to popular belief!

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

She proved the ridiculousness of her claim.

But if he pays, I hope it's to a charity of his choosing...like www.nativeamericanfathers.org...

Heads will explode everywhere.
lmfao, omg that would be epic.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join